Descendants of the Dragon - 2.1 Released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bonehead11

Re: Descendants of the dragon

Post by bonehead11 »

mnewton1 wrote:Ok I have decided to do a lot of coding today. So I also redid the unit tree a little. I think it makes a little more sense this way. I have also got the faction part working too. So once you have the sprite art done we should be ready for the demo. I will add the units once I am done them

Code: Select all

North faction:

--Ashigaru Swordsman--Dragon Warrior--Son of Dragon--Bloodbrother
                                            --Dragon Raider--Winged Dragon
--Peasant

--Ashigaru Longbowman--Samurai--Mounted Samurai
                                      --Elite Samurai--Daimyo

--Monk--Sohei
              --Bishop--Disciple of Dragon--Halfbreed
                         --Enlightened--Whiterobe
                         --Sage--Master Sage
              --Yamabushi
        --Assasin--Ninja--Geisha
South faction:

--Ashigaru--Glaivier--Goldenspearman--GuanDao
                  --Headcutter--Axemaster--Kaze

--Ronin--Swordsman--Kensei

--Arquebusier--Musketeer
        --XbowAshigaru--Marksman--Sharpshooter
                             --Alchemist--Archalchemist--Dragonflame
        --Monk--Herbalist--Medicineman
                  --Hermit--Mountain Hermit
        --Bountyhunter--Mercenary--Shinobi

EDIT: I HAVE DONE IT!!! North faction completely coded and tested!!!!! Now I i need you do do some more sprite art. Including an Ashigaru with a longbow
Excellent :D but I will have to do more sprites oh well and make sprites in first I will update the main table. Nice job by the way with the coding I cant wait to test it.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok here is a screenshot. Everything is working right so far.

You got the TC wrong on parts of it. I will fix it if I can
Attachments
Picture 4.png
Picture 4.png (154.9 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

For the TC, there is this handy image you can use as a reference:
colorswatch_200.png
colorswatch_200.png (314 Bytes) Viewed 4053 times
Also, if you're "painting" for the shadows and highlights (What I do), I recommend sticking the TC on a separate layer--That way you don't have to worry about accidentally brushing over it :)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks Skizzaltix

Here it is. I have tested it myself. Please tell me if there are any problems besides the lack of srpite art. This is mostly becuase I have not cleared the background of those other sprite yet. More work for me too.
Attachments
Descendants_of_the_Dragon.zip
(86.57 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

mnewton1 wrote:Thanks Skizzaltix

Here it is. I have tested it myself. Please tell me if there are any problems besides the lack of srpite art. This is mostly becuase I have not cleared the background of those other sprite yet. More work for me too.
Wonderfull work and I even have tried it, looking good.

And I see there arent sprites updated and many are incorrect and you can hire lvl 2 units. And that wasnt samurai that is dragon warrior. :? And lets put out the farmer unit, ashigaru will be lvl 0 with monk.

Okay here are all the sprites.
Attachments
Faction.zip
(80.45 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

bonehead11 wrote:
mnewton1 wrote:Thanks Skizzaltix

Wonderfull work and I even have tried it, looking good.

And I see there arent sprites updated and many are incorrect and you can hire lvl 2 units. And that wasnt samurai that is dragon warrior. :? And lets put out the farmer unit, ashigaru will be lvl 0 with monk.

Well here was my Idea. I can change it to yours if you want. Oh and I will get the images fixed. I just wanted to get all the units coded first. I will fix the monk. I also see some other errors I made.

The ashigaru were the main foot soldiers. They are like the spearman. I think that they should be lvl one because it seems odd that you could recruit so many Dragon Warriors and Samurai. It would also seem odd that a lvl 1 had so much armor.

What lvl 2 units can you recruit?
Creator of Ageless Era
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

mnewton1 wrote:
bonehead11 wrote: Wonderfull work and I even have tried it, looking good.

Well here was my Idea. I can change it to yours if you want. Oh and I will get the images fixed. I just wanted to get all the units coded first. I will fix the monk. I also see some other errors I made.

The ashigaru were the main foot soldiers. They are like the spearman. I think that they should be lvl one because it seems odd that you could recruit so many Dragon Warriors and Samurai. It would also seem odd that a lvl 1 had so much armor.

What lvl 2 units can you recruit?
Bishop, he levels up from monk and should have heal + cure,enlightened is a healer too with superior healing powers and I dont know about those units...it would be good as lvl 1 unit...but would it be possible to have lvl 4 unit?
But ashigaru were conscripted into the army, but they had some training so lvl 1 unit would be in place...
Okay they will be lvl 1, if it will be possible to have lvl 4 units.

And some balance, give the ashigaru bowman slighter less dmg with tanto and more dmg for ashigaru swordman.
Dragon warrior shouldnt have bow attack, and he shouldnt have dragon breath...save it for son of dragon, he should have throw dagger or something else.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

It is very possible to have lvl 4 units and lvl 5 and even higher.

I just fixed the bishop. I will add the healing ability to the whiterobe and enlightened.

I will fix the dragon warrior too. I will post the new version soon
Creator of Ageless Era
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Dont forget to add the new ashigaru bowman frame.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Argg.. I forgot the download!!!

here it is
Attachments
(121.97 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Creator of Ageless Era
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

It looks goood... well still there are some problems... the dragon warrior line shouldnt get leadership, samurai line will get it, so samurai line will have some meaning. Sohei doesnt get any ranged attack, but If its able to do they should be invincible to ranged attack and pierce attack, based on some japaneses folklore on sohei cutting arrows in flight. And you forgot to update ashigaru with sword + monk, last but not least, the dragon raider, yes I have finnally changed mine mind and his weapon is yari so changing blade to pierce would be good. Otherwise excellent job!!! 8)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

what do you want me to do?
Creator of Ageless Era
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

I like the idea of the souhei cutting arrows, but making them completely invincible seems a little strange--Maybe a WML ability giving them a chance to negate a ranged attack? :hmm:
The trick would be to make them good against arrows without making them good against guns, as well...
Anyway, up to you, of course.
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Skizzaltix wrote:I like the idea of the souhei cutting arrows, but making them completely invincible seems a little strange--Maybe a WML ability giving them a chance to negate a ranged attack? :hmm:
The trick would be to make them good against arrows without making them good against guns, as well...
Anyway, up to you, of course.
That was the point!!!
It would be able to make him higly resistant to arrow dmg, but I dont know if he could have lesser chance of hit against them.
what do you want me to do?
Samurai line, add leadership. Dragon warrior line remove leadership and change the dragon breath attack for fireball or something of that, only halfbreed and bloodbrother would be able to do that. Monk lvl 1 unit + update his sprite and ashigaru swordman too. Update the katana attack button. Sohei, as mentioned before , if its able to make him dodge most of the time arrow attacks than try to do it if not, then give him very high resistance.Dragon raider change his attack to pierce and name to yari. Please.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Here is the update version. anything else need done to it before I start the south faction? And shall I put the north faction on the Add-ons list?
Attachments
(135.34 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Creator of Ageless Era