Ranged Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mich
Translator

Re: Ranged Era

Post by mich »

Can you please post the code as an attachement so I can try it and look better at the problem? Thanks
Retributive

Post by Retributive »

Here they are..
Attachments
_main.cfg
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
01_My_First_Scenario.cfg
(3.57 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Retributive wrote:I simply replace your "recruit" event with a "select" event (after all, units are selected before acting), and your menuitems appears also with WML created units (but still can't shoot at target)...
Yes, in a campaign you can do that, but in an era it can cause some problem of out of sync if played online, so I have used the recruit and start event.

The problem in your scenario is simple, you have to use my units, or change the SET_DISTANCE macro to handle the default unit. As you can see i have used a different id for my units, I have do this especially to handle the orcish archer line, that have two ranged attack with the same name (i have changed the second to bow-fire or crossbow-fire), and for a possible balancement in the distant future. But if you don't use my units the attack-menu doesn't show up, because the extra variables are non set in the right way. I don't remember if the elvish lord is supported at the moment (he isn't in the default era),but you can add it easily in the set_distance.cfg file (you don't need to use the Long suffix, look at the other units to understand how it works). Other than this, you have to put {@campaigns/My_Campaign/movetypes/} inside your [+units], else there is a crash when at the attack start.
You have also to use {@campaigns/My_Campaign/macros/} (commented at the moment), or you have to add all the macro in the macros folder (and not only 4) in the main file.

Try these file and let me know if it works.
Attachments
01_My_First_Scenario.cfg
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
_main.cfg
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Retributive

Post by Retributive »

Hi, mich.

It works perfectly now. Thanks a lot for your help and for your kindness.

Friendly yours,
Retributive.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Version 0.3.4 is out.
I have added support to 4 and 5 hex shoots, and the support for some new terrains. I know that at the moment some strange combinations of terrains are not supported, but they are only few (and strange).
Please report me the bugs.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

In version 0.3.4 I have added some bug caused by wmllint (and not adeguate testing).
Now 0.3.5 is out and the bugs must be fixed. Please update to 0.3.5 to have poison, slow, magic and marksman attacks working again.
Sorry for the problems.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

This era should be advertised more because it's great! :D
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Have you read the thread on flanking? Because then you could have the experimental Wesfork that crops up every time about the game.

EDIT:http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a

And then you get Wesnoth Tactics.
Last edited by Cuyo Quiz on April 9th, 2009, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Which thread?
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

MattDakka wrote:This era should be advertised more because it's great! :D
I'm happy that you appreciate it.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:Have you read the thread on flanking? Because then you could have the experimental Wesfork that crops up every time about the game.

EDIT:http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a

And then you get Wesnoth Tactics.
Yes, I've read that thread. Well, this is not a bad idea, but at the moment I have not enougth time to make that. Obviously if someone wants to work on this, I can add his code in the era, or maybe he can create a new era using part of my work, but I think that (at least for the moment) I will not work on this. If someone is interested in adding this feature to this era, he can contact me.

The new release is almost ready, so expect it in a couple of day.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

I've read the flanking thread, it's an interesting idea.
Nubie

Post by Nubie »

What a great idea. But it's important to note that (if you already haven't) should make new units that have a third option perhaps, called "bombard". If possible...

These units would have very weak melee and in most cases no "ranged" attack but a decent 1 step bombard.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I would prefer upping pierce resistances to some units and adding HP. Then cavalry is only good against non-armoured units, but with more damage you get cavalry one-shooting archers and light infantry.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
PrinceBolkonsky

Post by PrinceBolkonsky »

There is no sound effect linked to the ranged attacks yet? There are none with my download.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Version 0.3.6 is out.
Try it and report me the bugs.
PrinceBolkonsky wrote:There is no sound effect linked to the ranged attacks yet? There are none with my download.
You are right, I usually play without sound, so this was a low priority things to add. But now in the new release there is at least partially sound support, so try it.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I would prefer upping pierce resistances to some units and adding HP. Then cavalry is only good against non-armoured units, but with more damage you get cavalry one-shooting archers and light infantry.
Yes, I know that the era is not balanced. Unfortunately at the moment i have not enought time to try to balance an era, not counting that for something like this I need a lot of help. So I don't know if this era will ever be balanced. If someone is interested in the balancement he can contact me, or can build his own era upon this code.

As usual, I'm sorry for my bad english.