Add-on Server

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Madnessbane

Add-on Server

Post by Madnessbane »

I have completed an Era I have been working on and finally decided to make it available for download today, only I have no idea how to get an era added to the add-on server, I have looked everywhere. x_x
Lizard

Re: Add-on Server

Post by Lizard »

you need a .pbl File.
The Wikipage doesn't look so nice, data/campaigns/xyz means userdata/data/campaigns/xyz, and it uses the (afaik) old format. So only use the page if you have a userdata/data/campaigns/my_addon.cfg file.

(The new format uses a main.cfg and a server.cfg inside you folder, but you probably use the old format.)

Sorry if you can't understand it, I'm not native English.
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

Ive read everything on pbl, and the campaigns_client.py, and tried making a pbl file and opening the campaigns client, but for some reason it just says incorrect syntax when I type in the code that the wiki specifies. Is there any guide that explains in detail the step by step process? because Im lost.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

I need help or a tutorial or something too... :( I don't understand anything of pbl files or anything... :(
Check out my sprites!
teg

Post by teg »

I would advise you to download an existing user-made era, look at the files (in ~/.wesnoth/data/campaigns or whatever it is for your OS) and try to make your own from it.
Unfortunately I never made an era so I can't be more specific but that shouldn't be so hard with an example.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

teg wrote:I would advise you to download an existing user-made era, look at the files (in ~/.wesnoth/data/campaigns or whatever it is for your OS) and try to make your own from it.
Unfortunately I never made an era so I can't be more specific but that shouldn't be so hard with an example.
Unfortunately when you do that, you dont recieve the .PBL file.

There is a step by step in the wiki, thats really all you need to know
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Madnessbane wrote:Ive read everything on pbl, and the campaigns_client.py, and tried making a pbl file and opening the campaigns client, but for some reason it just says incorrect syntax when I type in the code that the wiki specifies. Is there any guide that explains in detail the step by step process? because Im lost.
When you made a pbl file you connect to the addon server(ingame), scroll down an and choose to publish you addon. I don't know what campaigns_client.py does.
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

thank you, turns out my pbl file wasn't working properly x.x
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Lizard wrote:(The new format uses a main.cfg and a server.cfg inside you folder, but you probably use the old format.)
_main.cfg and _server.pbl
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.