Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic v4.4 - the Prophet of Light

Post by inferno8 »

New version Beta 5.0 is now available. It contains early RPG mode, which is unbalanced yet. If you have any suggestions or ideas, you know what to do. :wink:
The water elemental has -50% fire resistance, which is somehow weird since water is the thing that usually combats fire.
I know but in high temperature water evaporates quickly. :eng:
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
AI
Developer

Re: Era of Magic v5.0 - RPG edition

Post by AI »

Water is a material that requires large amounts of heat to rise in temperature, therefore it is a good liquid for extinguishing fire if used in sufficient quantities.
I would suspect that a water elemental qualifies as a "sufficient quantity." ;)
michchar

Post by michchar »

i suspect that the fire qualifies as an "even more sufficient quality" :P
anyways, nice work, but i suspect the dark elf chainlady(?) (the one with no retaliation) is a *little* broken. i think you should up the cost and lower the attack
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Ok, this "sufficient quality" tells me, that a water elemental is going to have -10% or 0% fire resistance. What do you suggest?
i suspect the dark elf chainlady(?) (the one with no retaliation) is a *little* broken. i think you should up the cost and lower the attack
A Chainlady (I don't know if this is a correct word) is a lvl3 so you probably mean a Dark Warrior with no counterattack. This unit is very good during melee attack but it can't perform ranged attacks.
Creator of Era of Magic

Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

inferno8 wrote:Ok, this "sufficient quality" tells me, that a water elemental is going to have -10% or 0% fire resistance. What do you suggest?
It should be around the -20% or similar to the fire elementals resistance to fire, what it is weak however is to cold, because it removes its mobility and make it easier to impact.
A Chainlady (I don't know if this is a correct word) is a lvl3 so you probably mean a Dark Warrior with no counterattack. This unit is very good during melee attack but it can't perform ranged attacks.
It is the one with dual daggers and not retaliation, I think it is a bit powerful in which she literally can kill any unit paired with a lot of them (it has a ton of attacks and during its own attack she doesn't receive damage unless against magical melee)

As I said, the dark elves have too many specials and some of them are a tad strong comparing with what others have.

IMHO the warrior could be less devastating with the "Dread" ability from the Extended Era (reduces damage upon attack) or a inverse steadfast (during attack it doubles its resistances) since its not a simple negation of taking damage (in a lvl 1 recruitable unit) if not, look at the chaos an lvl 1 arcane unit can deal to undeads, etc. on the default era.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

This no retalitation is too powerful. You're right.
the warrior could be less devastating with the "Dread" ability from the Extended Era (reduces damage upon attack)
The Dread ability behaves the same as my "Too fast" ability (only the names are diffrent). The "Too fast" ability + "no counterattack" ability is used by lvl2 (blade fury) and lvl3 (chainlady). This combination is very powerful. I'm going to replace "no counterattack" ability with "too fast" ability (unit recives reduced (-23%,-15%,-8% - lvl 0, 1, 2) amount of damage).
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Done. (Beta 5.1)

"No counterattack" disabled.
Creator of Era of Magic

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I'd suggest changing the names in the warlock group to things not taken from HOMM5. I can tell it inspired you heavily, but try coming up with new names ;)
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

They're really generic names, anyone who never played HOMM5 wouldn't think twice about them. Like me.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Thrawn wrote:I'd suggest changing the names in the warlock group to things not taken from HOMM5. I can tell it inspired you heavily, but try coming up with new names ;)
No problem. :) Does anybody have any ideas? Here are names that need to be changed:
-Deep Hydra
-Chaos Hydra
-Shadow Witch
-Shadow Matriarch (and other matriarchs if you want)
-Blade Fury (it is the original name but based on a Blood Fury)
Creator of Era of Magic

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

inferno8 wrote:
Thrawn wrote:I'd suggest changing the names in the warlock group to things not taken from HOMM5. I can tell it inspired you heavily, but try coming up with new names ;)
No problem. :) Does anybody have any ideas? Here are names that need to be changed:
-Deep Hydra
-Chaos Hydra
-Shadow Witch
-Shadow Matriarch (and other matriarchs if you want)
-Blade Fury (it is the original name but based on a Blood Fury)
chaos hydra and blade fury are fine--

raging hydra

matriarch of shadows/darkness
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Beta 5.1.1 released. Thanks Thrawn :wink:

Do you have any other suggestions?
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

New version Beta 5.2 is now available. My era caused technical problems with other eras because it shared the same id. The era should be working properly now. :wink:
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Beta 5.2.1 released.

-new great warlock's image
-fixed abilities

Does my era cause any problems since Beta 5.2? It might be strange but I've never found any compatibility errors on my PC (I have EOM and EE), but you found them (somehow). :?
Creator of Era of Magic

AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Have you considered applying team colours to your sprites? It would make it easier to see which team the units belong to.

All the yellow bands and stuff you have on several sprites would be perfect candidates.