Free Saurian Faction (now in the "Era of Strife"!)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gena

Re: Free Saurian Faction

Post by Gena »

i have 1.4 but still cant see the faction
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

It is supposed to be on the top of the "Free Saurians" Era, but I can't imagine what went wrong. I have nearly no experience, but the others often ask for other Add-ons installed. So, which other Add-ons do you have installed?
(ignore this question if you haven't the Extended Era) If you have the EE installed, there should be two eras including the FS are they there? can't you chose the Saurian faction in both?
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Gena wrote:i have 1.4 but still cant see the faction
Try clearing your cache.

To do this goto your userdata folder and delete the folder called "cache".

This usually helps

To Lizard: From now on also ask people to clear their cache.
Last edited by Espreon on March 29th, 2008, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capricious one

Post by capricious one »

I also was unable to see the Free Saurians in the faction list. It was an easy fix though. The file Saurian.cfg in /era had this line {@campaigns/saurian_Era/factions/saurian.cfg} when it should have been {@campaigns/Saurian_Era/factions/saurian.cfg}. While this does nothing on windows systems, it causes the file not to be found on UNIX and UNIX-like systems as they are case sensitive. Also, I was unable to see the Mystic image because the image was named Wise.png while the .cfg files referred to wise.png.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

:x , I'll upload a update when I'm on the correct PC. I can also fix these wrong ID's in the Battle Tutor Ability.

Upload Done. hopefully this fix the error.
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
Gena

Post by Gena »

[quote="Lizard"]:x , I'll upload a update when I'm on the correct PC. I can also fix these wrong ID's in the Battle Tutor Ability.

Upload [color=#004000]D[/color][color=#006000]o[/color][color=#008000]n[/color][color=#00A000]e[/color]. hopefully this fix the error.[/quote]

:D big thanx for updating i just deleted the version i had and redownloaded it now it works! Im playing it right now and its
a great era! big congratulation's to you.
Last edited by Gena on April 22nd, 2008, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWesnothian

Post by TheWesnothian »

It looks great.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Hey Lizard, I would like to take on the job of revising this era as there is a lot to be revised and it is in need of serious revising.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Espreon wrote:Hey Lizard, I would like to take on the job of revising this era as there is a lot to be revised and it is in need of serious revising.
Please don't do this. It will get included in an Era and already got changes. I'll soon delete the Free Saurian Faction from the server, since there is ID confusion.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Lizard wrote:
Espreon wrote:Hey Lizard, I would like to take on the job of revising this era as there is a lot to be revised and it is in need of serious revising.
Please don't do this. It will get included in an Era and already got changes. I'll soon delete the Free Saurian Faction from the server, since there is ID confusion.
OK then, but if you ever need revising I would like to take on the job as I have a lot of time to spend.
lastdragon

Post by lastdragon »

cool
Hulavuta

Re: Free Saurian Faction (now in the "Era of Strife"!)

Post by Hulavuta »

Hey dude, you told me to look over here, I saw it, but, I think you kinda have a bit too many units.

And, if you want to add a level 0, you really shouldn't add it's seconds forms as recruits?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra