bugs (as in insects)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

To make a new alignment work, you have to completly rewrite the Times of Day, so they take account for the new alignment. I don't know how you create the alignment in the first place.

Hm... Male Mosquitos are Mostly Harmless, so they would have to be a lot faster or something... I think it would be better just to say that all the Mosquitos you recruit are female.
Which leads to the question, why are you paying money to insects to make them fight for you?

Thanks again for your input!
MSchmahl
Code Contributor

Post by MSchmahl »

The damselfly should be in the dragonfly line.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

It isn't? :? It should be then...
Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

Skizzaltix wrote:To make a new alignment work, you have to completly rewrite the Times of Day, so they take account for the new alignment.
Nope, it's even worse than that. The game only includes (WML) code for the effect of time-of-day on Lawful units - Chaotic is simply automatically defined as "the opposite of Lawful", with no separate code. And there isn't even a direct reference to Lawful alignment, just a list of modifiers for day, twilight and night, and the game engine automatically applies these to Lawful units and inverts them for Chaotic ones.

Just use the ability, and explain it in the unit description - it's far easier than re-writing the Wesnoth engine to achieve the same effect!
I don't exist when you don't see me...
I don't exist when you're not here.

You bought a mask - I put it on.
You never thought to ask me if I wear it when you're gone.
christiano_l

Post by christiano_l »

i'm back again , sorry for not saying anything for such a long time,
i think letting the mosquito fight better at dusk and dawn is a good idea
but if we just mention it in the unit description i think it will be clear enough to let people know
and i'm not going to make a difference between male and female mosquito's because a mosquito that doens sting inst verry ussefull in a war orientated insect empire :D
grts christiano
He was slain at last by Gothmog,
the Lord of Balrogs,
and such was the ferocity of his spirit
that after his death,
his body was consumed by flame.
Templar989

Most Impressive

Post by Templar989 »

Very very good.

However...

do the queens (or equivalent) still have to kill or can they recruit?
i lost track :oops:

Also how about can recruit larvae that can only turn into ants and plague larvae that can turn into everything? Seems more strategic....

All criticism accepted.
What happens when you have a vampire and a mosquito? I mean mosquito's are already vampiric so do vampire's get neutralized or uber-ed???
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Hm... That's a good idea, but I don't know, do you want to do that Christiano? I'm just the artist :)
Anyway, I'm really sorry for the lack of posting--Somehow I haven't been receiving the emails lately :?

Look forward to more art soon! And if I don't make something, bother me about it please :D
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Whew! I thought this topic was dead. If we could get this into the add-ons as soon as possible, that would make it so we don't abandon or forget the work we did here.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

I'm working on it... Or, rather, I just downloaded 1.3.1 and am now playing it :)
Sir_Furious

i like your idea

Post by Sir_Furious »

do you have all the images for units?
i would like to have them.
i use 1.2.6

Sir_F
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Here's a .zip with the images. Be warned, they're aren't many of them, and I made them, so they're sub-par when it comes to artistic quality.
Attachments
insects.zip
Insect images.
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 281 times