bugs (as in insects)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

christiano_l

bugs (as in insects)

Post by christiano_l »

hello this thread isn't about bugs in the game
but it's about a faction made of insects me and my brother are trying to make, we're thinking about a background and i'll post it here when we have completed it
but here are some ideas for units
grasshoper--> mantis-->praying mantis
these units are some of the heavy assault troops of the insect empire.
they do blade damage have a lot of hitpoints but don't have a ranged attack

beetle--> pierce beetle--> big pierce beetle
--> impact beetle--> big impact beetle
-->bombardier beetle

these units share the same purpose as the grasshopper line, they don't think for themselves but just follow orders given to them, they don't have a ranged attack either. except the bombardier beetle, he uses a acid attack (thanks to Temuchin Khan)

ant-->ant assaulter-->ant breacher
--> ant skirmisher--> flying ant

the ant's are going to have a special ability that lets them fight better when they are near another ant, the ant assaulters are basicly ant warriors. they have a pierce melee attack (their siccors) and also can fire accid at their enemies.
the acid atack will be fire damage, that poisens the enemy.
the ant skirmisher is a smaller ant that moves easily through the enemy ranks.

dragon fly-->idem-->idem
these are the scouts of the insect faction, they move easily over all terains except snow and maintain nothing special here.

queen insect
this is a branch of insects that will excist of 3 or 4 levels,
they will be insects with big white things attached to their body's from wich they can lay eggs, they wont be walking themselves but they'll be carried by their servants. they'll only have a weak melee attack, but if they manage to kill someone with it, they will turn in a egg that hatches after one turn, you'll then be albe to choose wheter it will turn in to a beetle , ant, grasshopper or a dragon fly.

i know it isn't logical that one queen can lay an egg that spwans all kinds of bugs but we'll explain that in the background :D

just let me know if you think it's a good idea

oh yes excuse me for my bad english , I'm not a native speaker
Last edited by christiano_l on December 17th, 2006, 2:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Temuchin Khan

Re: bugs

Post by Temuchin Khan »

christiano_l wrote:hello this thread isn't about bugs in the game
but it's about a faction made of insects me and my brother are trying to make, we're thinking about a background and i'll post it here when we have completed it
Some have suggested similar things in the past, but they never got off the ground. Good luck!

I had an idea for the name of the level three fighter:

Code: Select all

Grasshopper -> Mantis -> Preying Mantis
Since you're not a native speaker, and since I don't know how good your spelling is, I thought I should specify that if you choose to call the level three fighter "Preying Mantis," it is important to spell it with an "e" and not an "a."

If I have more ideas for unit names, I'll get back to you.

EDIT: What about bombardier beetles? They could be an upgrade for the beetle line that would gain an acid (ranged fire poison) attack.
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

Wikipedia wrote:A praying mantis, or praying mantid, is the common name for an insect of the order Mantodea. Often mistakenly spelled preying mantis (a tempting mistake, as they are notoriously predatory) they are in fact named for the typical "prayer-like" stance. The word mantis derives from the Greek word mantis for prophet or fortune teller. The preferred pluralization is mantids[1], though there is some usage of mantes or mantises.
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Oh cmon, you have to admit that PREYing mantis sounds absoludiciously awesome.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

this would be sweet faction that could take advantage of swarm
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Fiach Dubh wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:A praying mantis, or praying mantid, is the common name for an insect of the order Mantodea. Often mistakenly spelled preying mantis (a tempting mistake, as they are notoriously predatory) they are in fact named for the typical "prayer-like" stance. The word mantis derives from the Greek word mantis for prophet or fortune teller. The preferred pluralization is mantids[1], though there is some usage of mantes or mantises.
I admit defeat.
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

:P :wink:
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
appleide

Post by appleide »

Temuchin Khan wrote:
Fiach Dubh wrote:
I admit defeat.
:shock: Temuchin is wrong... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Temuchin defeated in a language duel? Something is very, very wrong here.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

There's a reason why it's called 'English' and not 'American'!
(Although I'm Irish, so I don't really know how I fit in :? )
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Good God... Perhaps we'll all burst into flames next.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

I knew it was 'praying', but I thought Temuchin was promoting 'preying' for the cool factor... Like my favorite Cuyo said, it's "absulofreakintabulous!"

....Ok, maybe not. But Temuchin can't always be right. Just always right unless he disagrees with a woman.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
-wight-

Post by -wight- »

so are these supposed to be the size of actual bettles or some thing bigger?
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Ok, maybe not. But Temuchin can't always be right. Just always right unless he disagrees with a woman.
Oh, that depends on how solid the woman's arguments are. In this case, Fiach Dubh seems to be right.
Last edited by Temuchin Khan on December 17th, 2006, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christiano_l

Post by christiano_l »

to answer wight's question,
they are supposed to be a lot bigger than regular beetles. they wouldn't be verry dangerous if they where only a few centimeters big :D

oh yes. The only thing i'm going to post in the near future are stats for the unit's , me and my brother are trying to do the art, but we arent verry good at it :) so it might take a long time before we get something decent. i'll try to post something we made in a few day's so you can see how crappy our efforts are :D

grts