Spacenoth: New Year's Alpha released!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Currently ships don't change into a completely different types of ships, and that's unlikely to change.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

If Spacenoth is still properly alive (is it?), you might be interested in how I'm currently organizing my mod in order to get 100% custom WML and graphics without need for custom binaries and such.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Yes, Spacenoth is still alive. I tried such an organization a while back, but unfortunately encountered too many bugs to properly set it up. I'll take a look at your mod and try it again.

However, there is something I don't understand. In game.cfg, you import:

Code: Select all

{@campaigns/Storm_of_Steel/units}
the '@' symbol should first look in data. (.../campaigns/Storm_of_Steel/data/campaigns/...) and next in userdata (.../campaigns/Storm_of_Steel/userdata/data/campaigns/...)

Neither of those match the actual location of the file.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

ILikeProgramming wrote:and next in userdata (.../campaigns/Storm_of_Steel/userdata/data/campaigns/...)

Neither of those match the actual location of the file.
Hmm? I don't think the location of the userdata directory is in any way dependant on what the main data directory (passed as the command line argument) is, which seems to be your assumption.

Specifying the main data directory via the command-line argument doesn't change how paths in WML includes are treated, it seems. Meaning that {terrain.cfg} will still read in the mainline Wesnoth data/terrain.cfg, for example. The only thing that I in essence require the start-up with the command-line argument for is to have the game load my custom game.cfg.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

When I was performing my test with Windows and 1.1.x Wesnoth, the game automatically created a userdata directory there.

It might be different on another OS, or something in the game has changed since then. What OS are you using?

I'm trying your mod right now to see if it works.
EDIT: It does not even open the game window. I might have mada a mistake, so I'll try again later.