Faction for EOM: Celestials

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Alks

Post by Alks »

Dragon Master wrote:Cherub is not the right name for that unit, just doesn't fit.

Demi-angel?
Proclaimer?
Rhymester?
There is so many variants of angelic hierarchy, that we can easily cross out user-names. Demi-angel? That sounds a bit awkward. (and blasphemous :) )
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I need to resize the body, once I do that I'll shorten the sword by a couple of pixels. Also I didn't actually know where the lighting was supposed to come from. Partly because anything I draw, I don't read tutorials on. I just kinda figure it out as I go. Maybe reading a tutorial or two would be advisable... :?
Redeth
Art Contributor

Post by Redeth »

Just a few possible names you could use for the units of a 'Celestial' kind of faction, in no particular order:

-Virtue Warrior
-Sacred Lord
-Golden Beast
-Blessed Gladiator
-Holy Sentinel
-Chosen One
-Divine Dragon
-Ancient Unicorn
-Pegasus
-White Monk
-Noble Sage
-Temple Grandmaster

I can also manage to get some art done...
- Rojo Capo Rey de Copas -
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Okay, resized the body, shortened the sword. And I worked a bit on the shading, i'm used to working with paper and pencil for shading, but on the our right side I've gotten him satisfactory. I'm not quite satisfied for the left though.
Attachments
crusader.png
crusader.png (2.84 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Looks good. What's everyone think of the one I did?
hey.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Okay, I had to flatten my images, I had a ghostly spearman there to get the size. So I now have the crusader and the protector finished. Flametrooper, definately a lvl3, not quite what I had in mind, but something fairly similar.
Attachments
crusader-protector.png
crusader-protector.png (1.89 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
crusader1.png
crusader1.png (1.79 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
JW

Post by JW »

Ryorin, it doesn't matter what side the light comes from because the units flip in game. As long as the lighting is consistant it is fine.

Flametrooper, I don't particularly like the aura effect you have created, but the base unit seems alright. The red cloth should be brought closer to his legs though so it doesn't look like he's wearing a skirt.

Redeth, please feel free to create some art. :) I also like the names you came up with, specifically these:
-Sacred Lord
-Blessed Gladiator
-Holy Sentinel
-Chosen One
-Noble Sage
-Temple Grandmaster
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

And last for today, the Guardian of the Sacred Flame.
Attachments
crusader-guardian.png
crusader-guardian.png (2.11 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
Moroder

Post by Moroder »

Ryorin wrote:And last for today, the Guardian of the Sacred Flame.
Looks powerful! A point of criticism: The shield perspective looks weird. You probably wanted to show the symbol, but the shield could look a lot better if placed in the right angle.
Religion is nothing. I'm all about lifestyle. Mine is Christ, and I'll always respect yours. :wink:
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I didn't even notice that till now, I'll post a new version soon. Thanks for the imput.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Here is version two of the Guardian, the shield is fixed up a bit now.
Attachments
crusader-guardian.png
crusader-guardian.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
JW

Post by JW »

His shield is still slanted oddly, but thanks, I appreciate you working on this. :)
Redeth
Art Contributor

Post by Redeth »

JW wrote:Redeth, please feel free to create some art. :) I also like the names you came up with, specifically these:
-Sacred Lord
-Blessed Gladiator
-Holy Sentinel
-Chosen One
-Noble Sage
-Temple Grandmaster
Here they are, made from scratch (well they're actually based on the pistoleer guy I made for my avatar, but I created that one from scratch, so..).

I can write down their descriptions if you like them.

I'm not good at stats and all that, but I imagine them as some sort of defensive tanks, the ultimate guardians for the forces of good... well you get the point :)

Since they use a shield AND a large weapon (pike-trident-you-name-it), they must be EXTREMELY strong, but also quite slow and somewhat clumsy (lots of HPs, few but powerful attacks, and so on).

'Holy Sentinel' and 'Chosen One' seem fine for the lvl2 and lvl3 respectively, but I'm not so sure about the name for the lvl1... I would save 'Blessed Gladiator' for some other more offensive fighting line, and instead call this one 'Gatekeeper' or something like that, but it's up to you.
Attachments
chosen-one.png
chosen-one.png (4.23 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
holy-sentinel.png
holy-sentinel.png (3.18 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
blessed-gladiator.png
blessed-gladiator.png (3.2 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
celestial-line-1.png
celestial-line-1.png (24.74 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
- Rojo Capo Rey de Copas -
littlebeast

Post by littlebeast »

Redeth wrote:I would save 'Blessed Gladiator' for some other more offensive fighting line, and instead call this one 'Gatekeeper' or something like that, but it's up to you.
Blessed Gatekeeper sounds good to me :D
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

That's good art that shouldn't be wasted, but wasn't the crusader's Protector line supposed to be defensive tanks? :?
hey.