Faction for EOM: Celestials

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Flametrooper wrote:Is it even possible to manipulate (a) what stats slow affects and (b) how much something heals?
I wouldn't advise doing (a), because the tooltip for it will remain the same.
"It is time people learned about their failures and my successes."
JW

Post by JW »

Xan wrote:
Flametrooper wrote:Is it even possible to manipulate (a) what stats slow affects and (b) how much something heals?
I wouldn't advise doing (a), because the tooltip for it will remain the same.
I intend to change the name, I just don't know what would describe it better than Slow.

I'll think of something.

-

Ryorin: sounds good. :wink:
JW

Post by JW »

Vote for the faction name:

Celestials
Crusaders
other...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I cast my vote against 'crusaders', simply because one of the units is CALLED crusaders... it would create the kind of confusion we have with the term "outlaws". There's a unit called outlaw, so if you refer to outlaws, we don't known if you mean all the criminal units, or just the unit outlaw. That's why we call them criminals.

On the term "Seraph"... sure, it would work for an angel unit, but probably not for an upgrade of Archangel. If anything, I would say that the Seraph should advance into the Archangel. But not the other way around.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

The Faithful?.

Seraph is of the higher triad of angelic entities, while archangel is from the lower triad, there may be an argument about something advancing only inside his triad because of the varying nature of the angelic creatures in each triad.

And none of it matters if i knock up new names for them.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Seraph is of the higher triad of angelic entities, while archangel is from the lower triad, there may be an argument about something advancing only inside his triad because of the varying nature of the angelic creatures in each triad.
Judging from the Wikipedia page "Heirarchy of angels", the best tree would be

Angel -> Archangel -> Principality.

But, I don't think there's any doubt that archangels should NOT advance to seraphim... they're completely different.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

Here's art grabbed from the Graphic Library for some "Angels":
Attachments
archangel.PNG
archangel.PNG (9.54 KiB) Viewed 4592 times
cherub.PNG
cherub.PNG (3.72 KiB) Viewed 4592 times
herald.png
herald.png (8.91 KiB) Viewed 4592 times
Jester

Post by Jester »

I vote Celestials.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Cherub is not the right name for that unit, just doesn't fit.

Demi-angel?
Proclaimer?
Rhymester?
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

The one called Herald should be called Angel, and the one called Cherub Herald. The one called Archangel keep. (Referring to PNGs.) Thus the tree is
Herald->Angel->Archangel->Seraph.
hey.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Messenger-> Claimant-> Herald

There, it passed from "Heavenly entity of great love and power" to "messenger from the Voices Beyond". I also want it to heal. We can also use other stuff such as Page as name... someone remember MtG Angelic Page?, well, the first level should look like that, very ethereal and floating, we can add the kickass factor later.

*defiles JW's stats*

Messenger
level 1
Lawful
34 hp
6 moves
fly (ish)
Heals +4
Sword 7-3 Blade
Celestial Touch 5-3 Holy

Claimant
level 2
Lawful
46 hp
6 moves
fly (ish)
Heals +8
Sword 11-3 Blade
Celestial Touch 8-3 Holy

Herald
level 3
Lawful
55 hp
6 moves
fly (ish)
Heals +12 (okay, this might be overkill, but i want to avoid cures, the messengers only make you go further, they do not make your life easier)
Sword 15-3 Blade
Celestial Touch 11-3 Holy
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
JW

Post by JW »

Hmm...how about +3, +6, +9? Less overkill. Wasn't there another unit that healed in increments? Also, these guys seem to be very "aura" based - which will probably lead to unique gameplay.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Got a quick rough of the crusader, gimme input. Also what sorts of symbols are "holy" symbols (e.g. Crosses), I just thought the tunic looked plain. I need to work on the shading, and I need to make him bigger.
Attachments
crusader.png
crusader.png (1.59 KiB) Viewed 4546 times
JW

Post by JW »

He looks a little small, but I like the color, outfit, and stance. It looks good.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Big sword for a level 1. Reminds me of this guy a little while ago who was drawing kickass units with weapons twice their size...it was actually kinda funny.

You said you needed work on the shading. I realize I'm an art newb, but isnt wesnoth shading from 45 degrees to the upper right? This looks like it's from upper left.

Other than those two points, it's a good image, nice pose like how JW said.

*hacks it*
Here's an idea for the level 2 Protector (steadfast branch), or maybe the level 3 since I went and gave it so much bling and that aura:
Attachments
protector_195.png (4.93 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
hey.