Vampires

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jester

Vampires

Post by Jester »

Weel, since the Werewolf base images are almost finished (2 left), I think it's time to start the next faction I wanted to work on.
Not to surprisingly this is the Vampire faction. They will be, just as the Werewolves, in the Era of Myths.

As said before:
Jester wrote: Vampires:
Not the all monster creatures as in Dracula but more like a combination between the Vampires Anne Ricce created and those of WW. So they are bloodsucking creatures with an appetite for politics, but also with strong human feelings.
Which still counts.

___

Here comes the tree with some explanations. I will make the unit stats sometime later today.

Code: Select all

Blood Aprentice->Blood Manipulator->Sangel
                     \
                     />Flesh Artisan
                     />Noble        ->Sire        ->Methusalem     
     />Fledgeling   ->Duelist      ->Sword Dancer
    /           
Ghoul
    \                             />Twilight Walker
     \>Thin Blood   ->Half Blood  ->Day Hunter
Vampire Bat->Blood bat
Recruitable (by Default): Fledgeling, Blood Aprentice, Thin Blood, Vampire Bat

Unit Info:

Fledgeling: Just the basic fighter(no ranged)
>Duelist>Sword Dancer: Advanced Fighter(no ranged)
>Noble>Sire>Methusalem:Leadership line, will gain Plague at level 3(?) which will give Ghouls.(no ranged)
>Flesh Artisan: Combination mage-fighter(avarage magical ranged, avarage melee)

Blood Aprentice: Mage line(weak melee)
>Blood Manipulator>Sangel:Advanced Mage line(weak melee)
>Flesh Artisan: Combination mage-fighter(avarage magical ranged, avarage melee)

Thin Blood: Servants of the Vampires who have been given a small portion of immortal blood. This is the archer line.
>Half Blood
>Day Hunter: Lawfull
>Twilight Walker: Neutral

Vampire Bat>Blood Bat: Scout line, just the same units as the Undead use.

Ghoul: Human familiars/slaves of the Vampires. L0, not recruitable, created by the Plague ability of the leader line.
I realize that 'Ghoul' is the same name as one of the Undead units, so it needs a new name.

___

Thats about it for now.
Comment please! :)

EDIT: There is ofcourse the Drain ability in this faction. I think it must only apply to one alternative, weak attack. Bite 4-2 pierce (Flegeling) for example.
The Thin Blood line and Ghoul will not have Drain.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Alks

Re: Vampires

Post by Alks »

Jester wrote: Vampires:
Not the all monster creatures as in Dracula but more like a combination between the Vampires Anne Ricce created and those of WW. So they are bloodsucking creatures with an appetite for politics, but also with strong human feelings.
Nice. Strong WW inspirations without unreasonable copying.
Jester wrote: Thin Blood: Servants of the Vampires who have been given a small portion of immortal blood. This is the archer line.
>Half Blood
>Day Hunter: Lawfull
>Twilight Walker: Neutral
That's what I like. People wander how to put something new in their faction, and here is simple usage of alignment based sub-branches. Simple and fresh. Adds tactical uniquity.
Jester wrote: I realize that 'Ghoul' is the same name as one of the Undead units, so it needs a new name.
Several ideas: Zombie(unused term in Wesnoth, has connotations, you would like to avoid, but still it's worthy to raise), Bloodbound(why not use some coined expression instead of seeking mythological beings)
Jester

Re: Vampires

Post by Jester »

Alks wrote: Bloodbound(why not use some coined expression instead of seeking mythological beings)
:) Bloodbound I like, very much. Thank you!
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Garm

Post by Garm »

Maybe corpse, Leeched, dead one, Soulspawn, spirte, Bleading-born, Haunted, walking dead, Vampire Spawn, Corpse of a leacht one, or maybe a combination of them.
Veni vidi vici
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Garm wrote: or maybe a combination of them
Vampire Spawn of a Bleeding Haunted Walkind Dead Corpse of a Leeched Dead one's Soulspawn's Spirit.
Hmmm...a bit long, but... :P
hey.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Flametrooper wrote:
Garm wrote: or maybe a combination of them
Vampire Spawn of a Bleeding Haunted Walkind Dead Corpse of a Leeched Dead one's Soulspawn's Spirit.
Hmmm...a bit long, but... :P
Very creative.

I think I'll go for Bloodborn.

Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Isn't Duelist also already a unit? Or is it not there in Era of Myths?
Jester

Post by Jester »

Not sure, you'd have to ask JW.

Alks

Post by Alks »

Ken Oh wrote:Isn't Duelist also already a unit? Or is it not there in Era of Myths?
Duelist is a Loyalist unit.
Jester wrote: think I'll go for Bloodborn.
Better than Bloodbound, and not so WW-sounding. I would go for this one.
JW

Post by JW »

Hot new avatar Jester. ;)

But hey, you can use the name Ghoul if you want. You just have to have the unit id be something like "Ghoul-vamp" and the name "Ghoul" and it will appear as "Ghoul" in game and not interfere with the Undead Ghoul. Also, I'm planning on attaching "_myth" to the end of the modified Undead units for the Era of Myths to keep from the same confusion.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Alks wrote:
Ken Oh wrote:Isn't Duelist also already a unit? Or is it not there in Era of Myths?
Duelist is a Loyalist unit.
Jester wrote: think I'll go for Bloodborn.
Better than Bloodbound, and not so WW-sounding. I would go for this one.
I need to quit with the subtle English. :)

Yes, I know that Duelist is already a unit; the question was rhetorical. What I don't know is if the Era of Myths contains it.

Still, JW brings up a good point that would make it so it doesn't matter. I'm gonig to have to test that because I could certainly use that myself.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ok, made the Duelist.
Attachments
Vamp_Duellist.png
Vamp_Duellist.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 18691 times

Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

oh my! that neck is quite long
Jester

Post by Jester »

Dragon Master wrote:oh my! that neck is quite long
Actually, his shirt is half open so part of his chest is showing... I'll edit it a bit to make it more obvious.

kiet

Post by kiet »

Wow,he really seems to be missing blood :shock: