Extended Era revived - version 36

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Noyga
Inactive Developer

Re: Extended Era - lastest = x.33.2

Post by Noyga »

OK, here is v x.33.2 : there is only some minor differences, it should be fully compatible with x.33.0 & x.33.1
Offline version there : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/extend ... 3.2.tar.gz

Now the detect script look like this :

Code: Select all

#note : this might be renamed to "version.cfg" in x.34

#ifndef EXTENDED_ERA_INSTALLED
#define EXTENDED_ERA_INSTALLED
#enddef

#define EXTENDED_ERA_VERSION
x.33#enddef
#endif
And the era ids use this number.

To check if the extended era you can do like this :

Code: Select all

#ifndef EXTENDED_ERA_INSTALLED
   {@campaigns/Extended_Era/detect.cfg}
#endif
#ifdef EXTENDED_ERA_INSTALLED
  ... some code if EE is installed
#endif
(note that the first part is necessary since EE might be loaded after your addon)

You can use the {EXTENDED_ERA_VERSION} macro everytime you need the EE version number (i provide the major version number only - minor are supposed to be compatible together).

Maybe it could be a good idea that other eras provide a similar script.

In x.34.0 (the next one) i plan to :
- add the Deed Bat from UtBS
- rebalance a few thing
- maybe other things like
This should break the compatibility
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Hooray! I'm glad to wake up and have the latest version of EE slapped in my face :D Thank youuu!
Is the Dark Elf OOS problem still around?
shmibling

Post by shmibling »

When I downloaded Extended MP era, everything else I downloaded would not show up, like the Age of Legends. But, as soon as I deleted all of the 'extended' files, everything was fine again. I'm not sure if that was a bug or something just went wrong with my computer, but whatever it was, I think it is worth mentioning.
lethalkhaos

Post by lethalkhaos »

just tested it, yes its an oos while recruiting.
Last edited by lethalkhaos on April 29th, 2008, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A real man will admit when he is wrong. A wise man will never need to.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

I can't reproduce it there. Do you have other addons that also export a different version of the Dark Elves (like a broken campaign for example) ?
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
lethalkhaos

Post by lethalkhaos »

perhaps it might be with one of the other eras. I only have EE, era of magic and era of myths though.

I only get oos if someone else is recruiting the dark elves, i never get it if i am recruiting myself.
A real man will admit when he is wrong. A wise man will never need to.
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Yeah, the OOS only occurs when another player than yourself is recruiting Dark Elf units. It's the same when playing only EE, as when playing EE+EOM.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

It could be a problem with the Era of Magic.
From what i see they use the Dark elves, maybe some of the units have different stats and collide with the EE ones (since they have the same ids), this would explain the OOSes.
Truper

Post by Truper »

I do not have Era of Magic, but I have seen these sorts of OOSes, and not only with the Dark Elves, but sometimes with the Sylvans as well. However, I only see it in games with EE + EoM + default, so I personally suspect something is not working with the way the three eras are linked together. Since I know almost no WML myself, this is the most help I know how to be in finding the problem...
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus."

Sure. But in that case, they had damned well better be called Venusians, and not Elves, Undead, or anything else.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Here's x.33.3 : It should fix two glitches spotled by allefant :
- The Loyalist faction of the RPG era was using a nonexistant unit (that used to exist in previous releases)
- The ID wasn't used right in the Era ids (because i forgot to update the main .cfg when i packaged the files)
You can eailiy check if the host has x.33.3 : if it says thats the era is unknown then the host has a an older version
This version should however be compatible with the x.33 other series (x.33.0, x.33.1 & x.33.2), but you cannot easily recognise the version here (since the version trick wasn't implemented / wasn't working).

Off line version there : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/extend ... 3.3.tar.gz

About OOSes with Sylvans Mythological also reported it. After a closer examination it appeared the one of the players was still using x.32 which is incompatible.
Qes

Post by Qes »

<Brushes dust of jacket as he walks into the room.>

Looks fantastic, I'll have to download this pronto. Oh wesnoth, how I missed ye.

Also, the rumors of my death were grossly exaggerated.
-Qes
Yes I use windows.
Yes I'm aware of what that means.
Yes I'm still gonna use windows.
Chris13

Post by Chris13 »

Could you add the "Desert Elves" from the "Under the Burning Suns" campaign?
And maybe add to it?
I would appreciate it.
Qes

Post by Qes »

Noyga:

Have you considered writing (or having a minion write) a "How to Play Series" on your Era? Might help people.

And no, i'm no expert. But it'd be great to have a cooberation of tactics and skill.
-Qes
Yes I use windows.
Yes I'm aware of what that means.
Yes I'm still gonna use windows.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I'd say let them balance the faction first (if they ever decide to do that), or make a how to use in survival guide...
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

It's a great idea, btw i'm lacking resources to make such guide and i didn't play a lot lately...