Extended Era revived - version 36

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grand Marshal Aditya

Re: Extended Era - lastest = x.34.0

Post by Grand Marshal Aditya »

Well, I am back from my extended wesbreak. I really have always like extended era so I think I can help every so often. :P
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Hi. Thanks for the Ageless era.
I've found a bug using it in the High Elf Sorceress movement.
In her terrain movement values appears a red "-" and this makes the Sorceress unable to move out the fortress after recruiting.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Cyber117XC

Post by Cyber117XC »

Hey there!

I have a little problem about finding the Extended MP Era! Is this the Era which this thread is about?
So, since I upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.6.x it wasn't trackable and I went to this tread!

Did I missunderstand the last posts or has it really been renamed? If yes: what is the current name at 1.6.x?

Thank you in advance!
Nice greetingz,
JR117XC
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Cyber117XC wrote:Hey there!

I have a little problem about finding the Extended MP Era! Is this the Era which this thread is about?
So, since I upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.6.x it wasn't trackable and I went to this tread!

Did I missunderstand the last posts or has it really been renamed? If yes: what is the current name at 1.6.x?

Thank you in advance!
Extended Era has largely been replaced by BEEM. Ageless Era also has similar concept, of including lots of "good" (note that this is subjective and I like many not-included factions way more than the included factions) factions in one era. but includes many more factions than EE ever did.

EDIT: Ageless Era is a lot more comprehensive than the forum thread lead me to believe. There you go: sometimes you have to download something in order to judge it fairly. Sorry for the misunderstanding...
Last edited by Aethaeryn on September 24th, 2009, 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Another way to put it is that Noyga hasn't been able to find the time to convert EE to 1.6 WML and release it. I'm not under the impression that BEEM has been able to actually improve balance.
Nova

Post by Nova »

So, if I understand correctly:

Extended Era isn't necessarily dead, but hasn't made the jump to 1.6 and might not anytime soon.

Ageless Era is a similar sort of add-on that is already 1.6 compliant.

BEEM is a variant of the Extended Era, maintained by someone other than Noyga. It's balanced "differently," but not necessarily "better" or "worse." It is also 1.6-ready.

That just about sums it up, right?
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Extended Era revived - version 35

Post by Mythological »

Extended Era ( version 35 ) is finally on 1.6 add-on server. It is the same as x.34.0, except that it is updated for Battle for Wesnoth 1.6. An update to 1.8 beta is to be expected soon. As always, any feedback, bug reports and suggestions are welcome.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Re: Extended Era revived - version 36

Post by Mythological »

Extended Era version 36 has been uploaded on both add-on servers for wesnoth 1.6 and 1.8 beta. Here are the changes as listed in the changelog:
5.3.2010 versions 36.0.0.0 and 36.1.0.0
- Changed the unit IDs so that they dont colide with other eras using Extended Era units
- Update of Extended Era to Battle for Wesnoth 1.8
- Removal of the distinct Extended Era bat line which has become redundant after the inclusion of the Dread Bat into mainline.
If you can't use or don't want to use the add-on servers to download Extended Era, you can get it from wesnoth-umc-dev page on sourceforge. Here are the URLs of both versions of it:

Extended Era version 36 for Battle for Wesnoth 1.6
Extended Era version 36.1 for Battle for Wesnoth 1.8

Warning: This version (36) is not compatible with the previous one (35)!

Because I am the only person actively working on Extended Era, I decided to move its repositiory to wesnoth-umc-dev. Special thanks to Espreon for his extensive help in that area.
Added textdomains. This means that extended era is open for translation on any language. Translators are welcome.

Never say never
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

We need an Orocia add-on to use with this new Extended Era in 1.8 development release! :)
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon »

Quick sidenote: leaders like Steelclad and Elder Wose whose movement points have been changed to 5mp still have 4mp in EE.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

MattDakka wrote:We need an Orocia add-on to use with this new Extended Era in 1.8 development release! :)
Has orocia not been updated to 1.8 yet? If so, it is best to ask Dolvolente who created it or Necromonger who moded it to update the scenario(s) to 1.8. Considering there are not any changes in the existing terrain in the maps between 1.6 and 1.8 it should be a trivial task.
Bellerophon wrote:Quick sidenote: leaders like Steelclad and Elder Wose whose movement points have been changed to 5mp still have 4mp in EE.
Good catch; I knew that the quick trait on 4 MP leaders was introduced in 1.6 but it kind of slipped my mind when I updated Extended Era for wesnoth 1.6. I'll include the feature for all 4 MP leaders there are in the next version of Extended Era, I promise.

Never say never
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

Nice to see Extended Era updated for 1.8. However, there seems to be a bug with the Evil Crab's eye beam firing from the and to the wrong hex sometimes (see below). It's probably just a copying error in the image macro, so it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Attachments
oops.png
oops.png (50.89 KiB) Viewed 9208 times
Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

I used to play Extended era a long time ago. What have people moved on to since then?