Extended Era revived - version 36

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elerias

Post by Elerias »

I like the way EoM and EE were connected sou they can be used together and I wonder if u can add also one era that contains them with the addition of Imperial era. Its just a suggestion so if u dont find it a good move than ignore me. :)
Slann

Re: Extended Era - lastest = x.33.0

Post by Slann »

I like much this era, dark elvesh rules!!! :P .

I think that Aragwaith are a powerfull faction on short games. They are like rebelds on the deafults era
Temuchin Khan

Re:

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Elerias wrote:I like the way EoM and EE were connected sou they can be used together and I wonder if u can add also one era that contains them with the addition of Imperial era. Its just a suggestion so if u dont find it a good move than ignore me. :)
I could ignore you, but I'd rather give at least a few reasons why I don't think it will happen:

1) IE has at least one damage type, energy, that no other era has. This means that non-IE units would be virtually immune to some of the attacks of some IE units. An ordinary human should not be immune to lightning strikes!

2) IE is directly bound up with the history of the World of Orbivm, the IE and EE factions are from the World of Wesnoth (what did we end up calling it, again?).

3) IE Sidhe and EE Sidhe have developed in very different ways, even though they started out as the same faction. This might not be as big a deal as the other arguments, though.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Re:

Post by turin »

Temuchin Khan wrote:1) IE has at least one damage type, energy, that no other era has. This means that non-IE units would be virtually immune to some of the attacks of some IE units. An ordinary human should not be immune to lightning strikes!
Actually, this is no longer a blocker - in 1.4+, the default resistance to an unknown damage type is 0%, not 100% - so if a unit has no specified energy resistance, it'll take full damage, not 0 damage. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

turin wrote:
Temuchin Khan wrote:1) IE has at least one damage type, energy, that no other era has. This means that non-IE units would be virtually immune to some of the attacks of some IE units. An ordinary human should not be immune to lightning strikes!
Actually, this is no longer a blocker - in 1.4+, the default resistance to an unknown damage type is 0%, not 100% - so if a unit has no specified energy resistance, it'll take full damage, not 0 damage. ;)
In that case, maybe it could be done. The other two objections I listed, after all, are nowhere near as serious.

Hmmm....

Default + EE + EOM + IE
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Greetings all!
I am a big fan of the Extented Era, and I am always looking forward to the next release ;) Anyway, I would like to shed some light upon a unit of the Khalifa faction, namely the Life Guard. This mounted unit seems to be way too good. It has lots of hitpoints, up to 60% def in some terrain, no negative resistances and freakishly high damage. Am I the only one being bothered by this fact? :) What about giving it some negative resistances (to pierce, perhaps?) and cutting the "lance" attack's damage in half while adding the Charge special to it?

Just my two cents :) Give me your thoughts about this, if you'd like.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Temuchin Khan wrote:
turin wrote: Actually, this is no longer a blocker - in 1.4+, the default resistance to an unknown damage type is 0%, not 100% - so if a unit has no specified energy resistance, it'll take full damage, not 0 damage. ;)
In that case, maybe it could be done. The other two objections I listed, after all, are nowhere near as serious.

Hmmm....

Default + EE + EOM + IE
I'm not sure it would be bad for IE, EE+EoM has really increased EoM's plays on MP to make EoM basically the second most played user faction (when you take into account EE+EoM era).
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

I have this odd little thing happening. When i play Chaos and set my leader as a Doom Guard, he can't move. But any Doom Guards i get later have no problem.

What could be causing this?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Probably another addon.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
mihoshi

Post by mihoshi »

Temuchin Khan wrote: 1) IE has at least one damage type, energy, that no other era has. This means that non-IE units would be virtually immune to some of the attacks of some IE units. An ordinary human should not be immune to lightning strikes!
Actually, energy should be same type as fire. Deflador's lighning bolt have fire element.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well, the Imperial Era use a different setting for damage types...
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Re: Extended Era - lastest = x.33.1

Post by Noyga »

Here's v x.33.1 : only some graphic improvements, that's all...
It should be compatible with x.33.0
Offline version on sourceforge, as usual : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/extend ... 3.1.tar.gz
Slug

Post by Slug »

Hi there, I've been playing Wesnoth for almost a year now and feel like it's time for me to contrbute something back to this fantastic community. Since EE is by far my favorite custom Era i thought I'd try and help out with your project in some small way. Anways I noticed that the chaos era units Evil Crab, Hell Crab, Lesser Mutation and Greater Mutation don't have any descriptions so I thought I'd knock some up.

I had a bit of trouble writing the ones for the crabs as they don't make an amazing amount of sense to me but i did what i could. Here is the result:
----------
Lesser Mutation -

Myriad and ever-changing the forces of chaos recognize the need for staying power within their ranks. Thus in dark labs filled with screams the Mutations were created. These warped monstrosities were gifted with a self healing body whose very touch other races find poisonous.

Greater Mutation -

It came as a great surprise to the Magus who created them that Mutations would over time increase in both stature and strength. It seems the act of killing feeds these bloodthirsty beasts on some innate level. There are few soldier's brave or indeed foolish enough to face off against such a creature, especially when night falls.

Evil Crab -

The corruption of chaos is a subtle and slow process. Even animals as harmless as crabs can be unwittingly twisted and warped far beyond their ordinary nature. Evil crab's are one all too unfortunate result of this process, as the merfolk and naga can attest to.

Hell Crab -

Within each species there are often freakishly strong and powerful aberrations born through seemingly blind chance. Successful servants of chaos can find their bodies shifting and growing as these latent traits are brought out. The Hell Crab is a powerful example of the potential all Evil Crabs carry inside them.

-----------

Now I'm not entirely sure what the background/story of the chaos era is so if these descriptions might not be right. Also you might just think they are bad and not include them, which is fine by me I just thought it'd be nice to try :-)
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Any upcoming updates? :)
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well, at least the above descriptions are already in the SVN (thanks Mythological for the commit).

Also Sapient suggested me a few nice adjustements for the stats of some chaos units.