Extended Era revived - version 36

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

I have to say, I like the idea of having an elemental of some sort. It could even work as the Sidhe's water unit at the same time.
Water Elemental -> Snow Elemental -> Ice Elemental, with a strong weakness to fire, and able to do cold and blunt damage. moderate Movement that is not effected by terrain (Water flows everywhere)
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Water's flow is slowed by sand and trees, this is one reason there is so much erosion after a clear-cut, hills without trees are run down by water. I like the idea of a water spirit, perhaps borrowing a bit from the EOM tidal.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

v0.22.0 (for BfW 1.2.x) is out !
Here is the offline version.
The change are mainly the new Sidhe units and the Kalifa falcon loosing traits.

The version for BfW 1.3.x is not ready yet.[/url]
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Since Noyga has made his mind about the proposed Sidhe units and there is a new wersion of the Extended Era which includes ( some of ) them, the temporary testing era has been removed from the add-on server. To avoid possible conflicts with the future versions of the Extended Era, I suggest to everyone who downloaded the Temp Test EE to manualy delete it from his wesnoth install.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Could we get some maps pointed towards EE? currently with maps being very balanced according to default era, we don't have much snow/sand/cave for the sidhe/kalifa/aragwaith/dark elves to exploit...
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Weeksy wrote:Could we get some maps pointed towards EE? currently with maps being very balanced according to default era, we don't have much snow/sand/cave for the sidhe/kalifa/aragwaith/dark elves to exploit...
Yes! Good point! Some EE factions may be at a disadvantage on the mainline Wesnoth maps, given that those maps were only balanced with the default factions in mind.

@Noyga: Any idea when the next 1.3.x-compatible version will be ready?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well my motherboard broke :(
So it won't be ready until i have fixed my computer at home (probably not before this WE)
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

My home computer is back :)
And here is v0.22.1 (for BfW 1.2.x) : (offline here : http://bluebloup.free.fr/wesnoth/Extend ... 2.1.tar.gz)
- New Danish translation
- a few very minor graphical glitches fixed
And that's all.
(Not uploaded yet, but should be soon).

my TODO list:
- update the v1.3 version adding the two new units and the other latest changes
- some Sidhe rebalancing (Spirit to 21 gold and Hoarfroster to 17 gold)
- change the Outlaw Henchman name & graphics to "Ruffian" to fit with 1.3 trunk
- complete some more missing descriptions
- some other things i forgot
Last edited by Noyga on April 14th, 2007, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

And now the 1.3 update, with all the above changes (in the TODO list too), except the string changes (ie That Henchamn renaming).
vx.25.0 is out (offline here : http://bluebloup.free.fr/wesnoth/Extend ... 5.0.tar.gz)
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

could we get a list of EE units that don't have TC? I'm going to do the Kalifa Ghaznid soon, but I'd like a list of some others...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Could you edit the first post to list what factions are in this era? I don't have the bandwidth to download it purposelessly, so I want to be sure the stuff I want is in there before I do so...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Truper

Post by Truper »

Dark Elves and Chaos both did make it in, and since that first post was written, Kalifa and Steppe Orcs have been added.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Thanks. My question has been answered.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Btw it is a little outdated.
The factions are still the same, but there a few extra units (like the Sidhe bears) and of course a few other changes ;)