Idea: Forest drawn as overlay

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Jetryl wrote:The trunk at the bottom being visible should be rare. From our perspective, the base of the tree would form an ellipse - not a horizontal edge. I feel that this is too common in the snow forest tiles.

So, here is an attachment which shows which trees I think look good, and which look bad.
Good luck.
Hmm, you may be right. I'll look into it.

For some reason the variations aren't drawn now, so the forest and snow forest in the screenshots are all composed of just one variant each. I'll update the screenshots when we have found and fixed the bug.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:Yes, which forced me to use an ugly workaround in my scenario The Spider's Fang (which includes above-ground and underground in the same scenario) : I made my own [time] tags that didn't adjust the color differently for underground and different times of day outdoors, and made a stupid excuse for it in the scenario.
It didn't really slow down River of Skulls (the scenario intended for HTTT that was shot down around a couple of months ago), and I used two time-areas.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Updated the screenshots after fixing the variation bug. Also added alpha shadow to the normal forest. I see the shadows need a little tweaking here and there, and I need to look at the issues Jetryl pointed out.