New Multiplayer icon?

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

New Multiplayer icon?

Post by Jetrel »

We need a new multiplayer icon (due to changes of appearance in some sprites), and I thought that Eternal's current avatar is nearly ... perfect.

I'm wondering if he, or anyone else has any objections to this being used:

(Note, the one objection I don't take as valid is that "the Ogre isn't in default" - he is in the "Age of Heroes" era, and that's good enough for me, considering the raw personality in this image.)
Attachments
new multiplayer icon.png
new multiplayer icon.png (21.97 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Yes, god yes infact. Seeing that whenever I change my preferences will just make my day.

If anybody opposes this then they are clearly mad and thus their opinion doesn't matter :P .
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Officially awesome idea.

(That isn't magenta on his togs is it?)
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Sounde good to me. What about replacing "general" with the new Grand Marshal? The current image does also look outdated to me. :wink:
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

ivanovic wrote:Sounde good to me. What about replacing "general" with the new Grand Marshal? The current image does also look outdated to me. :wink:
Removing the general as the icon for general? :? Oh, boredom.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

ivanovic wrote:Sounde good to me. What about replacing "general" with the new Grand Marshal? The current image does also look outdated to me. :wink:
The general icon, and music icon, are getting updated with the newer sprites, whilst staying true to their current idea. The general needs to stay a strict "general", because of the pun.

As for the ogre's pants, no they aren't magenta, but gol-darnit the red sure does look like it. I need to fix that.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

For the multiplayer icon, we probably need to replace/improve the thing in front of the ogre : we don't really see what it is.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Noyga wrote:For the multiplayer icon, we probably need to replace/improve the thing in front of the ogre : we don't really see what it is.
It's a spearman, which is much more obvious in the "set above white" version that's bounced around on the forums. I think with a few highlights, it'll be perfectly recognizable on a black background as well.
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

What a neat idea! Thanks! :D
A new spearman should be made to fit better with the new and larger one... but would that fit the image then?
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Eternal wrote:What a neat idea! Thanks! :D
A new spearman should be made to fit better with the new and larger one... but would that fit the image then?
The menu and dialog code will adjust according to the size of the image. So it doesn't have to be a particular size.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Sapient wrote:
Eternal wrote:What a neat idea! Thanks! :D
The menu and dialog code will adjust according to the size of the image. So it doesn't have to be a particular size.
It doesn't have to be, but for aesthetic reasons, it should be the same size as the other ones.