Did we ever get woses?

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Boucman wrote:I like the idea of not having them bipedal anymore... makes them less antropomorphic
:? I balk, at first, but if we raise the root structure to less of a 90° join with the trunk, it could work even better towards this end.

Personally, my favorite design that I've seen for such a thing was the "Tree of Life" from warcraft, although I wouldn't rip it off, per se.

Namely, I imagine the roots splitting into 3-5 "root feet", but, uh, it's hard to describe. A picture would be the best way.

In other notes, I don't like the color of the leaves on this whole batch, and one neo's earlier edits - though the color of the in-game ones could be improved, this wasn't it (except as a highlight color).

Interesting.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

I like the idea of the L1 having one trunk/leg which forms two more distinct legs as it levels up.

BTW, Neoriceisgood: great edit! It's looking nice now.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Neo - if you have time, please do cleanup on the base frames of L2 and L3. I can take these from there, since woses don't exactly have the world's most _involved_ animations.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Sure, cleaning up is a piece of cake :D
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

*edit*

roflcoptar that's all 3 of em.
Attachments
wose2.png
wose2.png (37.67 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Bravo, the L2 and L3 are quite fearsome.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Neo, thanks a bajillion, that saves me a bunch of time.

It also looks totally sweet.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

I would drop the fruits (to similar to the eyes and make them look slightly silly imo), otherwise it looks great
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

The master has returned.
JW

Post by JW »

Truly awesome Neo.

I just have a Q as to why the beard's shading is straight-lined? That's the only thing that's been bugging me about the new sprites.

ps, I like the fruits because they allow TC. I also think they'd be fine if they didn't allow that.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

JW wrote:ps, I like the fruits because they allow TC. I also think they'd be fine if they didn't allow that.
I'm going to make the "fruits" into flowers, not unlike what the shyde has.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

I'm going to go against the consensus and raise an anatomical violation. I can picture their fruits/flowers changing color for different alliances, but changing eye color is a bit of a stretch. I imagine all woses should have the same eye color.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

If they fit inside the hex, commit them.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Pickslide
Art Contributor

Post by Pickslide »

Wowwie wow wow! Thems is some good wosing Neorice. It looks a little speckled to me on the foilage, but my play dough approach isn't the answer there.

Can't wait to see them in game now!
Check out my portraits HERE!
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Here's an edit of Neo's latest revision. Because of the widely-ranging luminosity values of the different team colors (a very important feature to have), I couldn't leave the eyes team-colored. They disappear for some colors, and are too visible for others. So I gave them white eyes, and a cloth wrapped around a wrist/branch to emphasize the team.

Note that the shadows still need major work, but after I fix those, I'll probably commit the base frames.

As far as the commit plan goes - I'll replace the existing animation images as they get done; which for these woses should actually be faster than for the trolls (crosses fingers). I am, however, going to delete the ancient wose death animation - I only replace those things if I can make a good end product, and the ancient wose would need a _h_u_g_e_ animation to be done right.
Attachments
woses.png
woses.png (56.07 KiB) Viewed 4520 times