Servers back up, post any open problems here

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dontano

Re: Servers back up, post any open problems here

Post by dontano »

Heya! It's good to see you all again. I'm glad that my account hasn't been deleted yet, nor back as another person on the forum (like the last server crash... sorry, Bikerbob!). I had troubles with the friends'n'foes box, meaning that I only managed to remove friends (not adding). But I guess it's only a matter of time before all things will get restored like in the way it was.
Besides... this crash gave me the time to complete a few scenarios of my campaign! :D
Trust yourself first, then trust others.
Current activity/ies: what...!?
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Okay, the add-on server is moved to the new machine, too. That is it is already available at add-ons.wesnoth.org. The DNS entry for campaigns.wesnoth.org will soon be updated to point to the new machine, too. The content of the server is identical, no matter if you use campaigns.wesnoth.org (once you get the new DNS entry) or add-ons.wesnoth.org. On both you will find content for 1.2.x, 1.4.x and 1.5.x.
shared3

Post by shared3 »

Like someone else has previously posted, should Wesnoth have a decentralized backup system? As in 10 or so members that volunteer to store backups every week or so. I know I would be happy to do it (in fact, that's why I just registered). There are numerous advantages to this approach:

1. Absolutely free.
2. Decentralized>No single event can wipe out all the backups.
3. Minimal bandwith use.

I have plenty of room on my backup drive, and I have a speedy upload speed (guaranteed at least 45 kb/s, and typically 200-300 kb/s for most of the year.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

The wiki has a similar encoding problem it had some months ago ... my acount is broken again.
I can't log in, and I can't access my user page.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Pa%C5%ADlo wrote:Database error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "Article::pageData". MySQL returned error "1267: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (localhost)".
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

shared3 wrote:Like someone else has previously posted, should Wesnoth have a decentralized backup system? As in 10 or so members that volunteer to store backups every week or so. I know I would be happy to do it (in fact, that's why I just registered). There are numerous advantages to this approach:

1. Absolutely free.
2. Decentralized>No single event can wipe out all the backups.
3. Minimal bandwith use.

I have plenty of room on my backup drive, and I have a speedy upload speed (guaranteed at least 45 kb/s, and typically 200-300 kb/s for most of the year.
That is a good idea, but the people doing this would most likely be developers...
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.