The Wesnoth wiki skin - would you mind sharing it?

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

qubodup

The Wesnoth wiki skin - would you mind sharing it?

Post by qubodup »

Hi there, I'm going to make a less "Bah this looks like Wikipedia"-skin for the FIFE wiki, the plan is to make it replace FIFE's page.

I very like your Wiki's skin, congrats to the designer on making it look non-editor-user-friendly, without making it useless for authors. When I realized that this page is mediawiki-based, I was quite surprised.

I would like to have the same layout (navbar at top, fixed-width centered text body) for the FIFE wiki and it would be great if you would release the template or if it's tightly based on some existing theme, tell me the original skin name and source.

Regards, qubodup
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Re: The Wesnoth wiki skin - would you mind sharing it?

Post by ettin »

qubodup wrote:I very like your Wiki's skin, congrats to the designer on making it look non-editor-user-friendly, without making it useless for authors. When I realized that this page is mediawiki-based, I was quite surprised.
Glad you like it :).
I'm a reader of Free Gamer, btw, keep up the good work!
qubodup wrote:I would like to have the same layout (navbar at top, fixed-width centered text body) for the FIFE wiki and it would be great if you would release the template or if it's tightly based on some existing theme, tell me the original skin name and source.
Regards, qubodup
The CSS is already available, and I just copied the template Glamdrol.php to Glamdrol.php.source.txt so that you can review it. It is based on SkinTemplate.
qubodup

Post by qubodup »

I forgot to say thanks =) Thanks!

It's a great help, allowed to not bother with anything but css.

Here's a snapshot of the current progress

http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08121/asdasd602.png
cjaysson

Post by cjaysson »

I am also quite enamored with the skin, but the link you provided to the .txt file is no longer functional. Would someone mind recopying the .php file into the text file, please?

Thanks in advance.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

cjaysson wrote:I am also quite enamored with the skin, but the link you provided to the .txt file is no longer functional. Would someone mind recopying the .php file into the text file, please?
Fixed the link in the above post.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott