Post counts

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cool evil

Post counts

Post by cool evil »

As of this post is my 70th post, but it's more like 82th or something like that. I found out that my post count had changed from something like 81 from few days ago to 68, 69 today, what happened?

I swore that my post count is something above 80, i remembered it clearly, did anyone recall that in my recent posts?
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

One word - autopruning. Any topic in Off-Topic that hasn't been posted in in a given amount of time (a few months, I think) is deleted. So apparently you had 12 posts in OT threads that were recently pruned.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
cool evil

Post by cool evil »

Thanks! And i thought i was paranoid :lol:
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

cool evil wrote:Thanks! And i thought i was paranoid :lol:
No, the same thing just happened to me, I lost like 50 posts.
What's this annoying thing that appears at the bottom of every one of my posts?
JW

Post by JW »

cool evil wrote:Thanks! And i thought i was paranoid :lol:
Why can't it be both? :wink:

turin would have like 65,000 posts if it weren't for auto-prune.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I should actually be at 1650, that's what it was in January, and I rarely posted in off topic, so I lost 400 posts through deletion of old obsolete topics to clear room in the forum.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

if auto-prune also lowers the post count shown under avatar (as it seems in cool evil's case), why is it that post-count is still lower than the number of posts you get with "find all posts by xxx"?
Tonepoet

Post by Tonepoet »

I'm not sure but I'll take a wild guess and say that these forums probably have a section or subsection where the posts don't add to the count. I know that's how it is with CoN's Greetings subsection, which is located within the General Discussion section of their forum. Can't think of any other reason though.

All in all, I only have one question about this supposed mystery. Is the above theory correct, is it a bug or is it something else? Perhaps, maybe some malicious authority is abusing their powers to give more or less favorable post counts? :P
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Can i ask a different question: why does it matter?
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Tonepoet

Post by Tonepoet »

Ever see a very small, very minor typo that raelly just bugged you? The smallest, most ignored and insignificant of things count for something too, even if they don't seem to be very much at all. Besides, it is a captivating little curiousity to unravel. Much like that lost blue hat and uncooked goose that Sherlock Holmes found and returned to Henry Baker. I'd just like to know and it seems to me because of the existence of this topic, others do too.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Tonepoet wrote:Ever see a very small, very minor typo that raelly just bugged you?
Oh the irony. :D
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Syntax_Error wrote:if auto-prune also lowers the post count shown under avatar (as it seems in cool evil's case), why is it that post-count is still lower than the number of posts you get with "find all posts by xxx"?
Your posts being moved to the hidden graveyard forum.