Discland map (from JMT) - UPDATED

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shadowdweller

Discland map (from JMT) - UPDATED

Post by Shadowdweller »

Might or might not have been someone interested in this map, so here it is. Standard small, 4-player. Intended to be played in teams 1/3 vs 2/4.

Balance notes: Three villages per quadrant in addition to two flanking villages and one central village. Due to spacing and turn order, players 1 and 2 should be able to reach the flanking villages and nearby small castles first with proper use of scouts.

Asymmetric because I hate symmetry.

EDIT: Updated, more loyalist friendly version (for player 2); screenshot.
Attachments
disctxt.txt
(677 Bytes) Downloaded 189 times
DisclandJP.jpg
DisclandJP.jpg (21.83 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Last edited by Shadowdweller on January 30th, 2006, 8:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shadowdweller

Post by Shadowdweller »

And....I'd love to show you all a jpeg of the whole map, but...

I'm afraid I don't know how. :(

Perhaps one of you computer-savy people might explain to me how I could produce this? As opposed to a simple screenshot (which cannot cover the entire map).
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

The way I do it is the following. I hit print screen to "copy" a screenshot out of wesnoth. Then I alt-tab out to GIMP (my prefered image editting software) and paste it into GIMP. For even small maps it is often necessary to rectify several screenshots together to get a complete picture of map (pasting them on top of each other starting form bottom left so the UI gets covered up). Afterwards I shirnk and image so it is fewer megabytes and put it on photobucket. I then copy the IMG link provided at photobucket and paste that link into my forum messages.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Good luck with your mapmaking
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Shadowdweller

Post by Shadowdweller »

Hah, got it to work! Albeit with a slightly annoying label.

*mutter* bitmap conversion *grumble*