Woses vs UD

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Dragonking wrote:you will kill wose, but lose economically.
Not even that, it will level up. Or just not kill enough corpses; after all, they only have two swings, which usually don't kill in one swing...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Yogin

Post by Yogin »

You are not taking into acoutn the defensive aspect of fighting woses...for instanse, skeletons do more damage to woses then adepts or ghouls but they also take more damage because of their vulnerability on the woses retaliation
True, I had forgot to include this in my post. Since they have similar hp, the ghoul actually has ~20% effective more hp when fighting woses than skeletons. Probably lower the ratio to 1 ghoul every 2.5-3 skeletons then. And I'm hesitant about that. You don't want to be stuck in the situation where you could've killed a wose with a skeleton, but only have a ghoul's 5-3 attack and poison which isn't enough.
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

well at least my confusion spawned a fairly interesting thread :) Lots of good info.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle