2v2 replays archive

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2v2 replays archive

Post by anakayub »

Haven't played much in a while.

Stole a game in between something called life.
Attachments
's_Cross-Auto-Save14.gz
Reb + Loy (v) vs Knal + Loy
(41.47 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Take a breath.
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

This had to be one of the best games I have ever played in a VERY long time... This game was so epic too. <insert indeed video here>. Just take a look and you will see what I mean. :D

http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.8/20101003 ... _(8001).gz

(This should be it. It should be 25 turns.)

edit: For some reason, it doesn't like the ").gz" go figure... (just code the url)

edit: Try this one...
epic_replay.zip
this should be it...
(61.92 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

same epicness goes for me, text will follow at some later time because now that ive fought like crazy im pretty exhausted :D
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
loris luke37 n me
(48.3 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

ha, completely forgot to write that text :mrgreen: nvm maybe u can provide some feedback... here a cross-link to a B.U.R.S. game with just_end_turn:

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 95#p465695

was real fun :twisted:
Pionsix

Post by Pionsix »

Rigor and I play a game where we decided that muscular orcs have no place on the battlefield, likewise with skeletons. enjoy.
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_replay.gz
(37.51 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
ezysquire

how to handle players that don't understand defence

Post by ezysquire »

This replay shows the problems of playing with less experienced players who get annoyed at non-rush tactics. I copped it from team mate and seemingly opponents also!

Yet in the end, I won so was quite happy, although the lack of courtesy by not saying 'gg' is always annoying.
(in the match red selected undead at the start, hence my turn one recruit)

Be sure to read the chat!
Attachments
4p_-_Isar's_Cross_Streptococcus.gz
(19.06 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
Just_end_turn

Re: how to handle players that don't understand defence

Post by Just_end_turn »

ezysquire wrote:This replay shows the problems of playing with less experienced players who get annoyed at non-rush tactics. I copped it from team mate and seemingly opponents also!

Yet in the end, I won so was quite happy, although the lack of courtesy by not saying 'gg' is always annoying.
(in the match red selected undead at the start, hence my turn one recruit)

Be sure to read the chat!
If you want your matches to have some downloads, you probably want to play in another map, Isar Cross is quite unbalanced. Also, Isar Cross *is* to rush, because there's no other way to have fun ina 75 hexes map :whistle:
ezysquire

Re: how to handle players that don't understand defence

Post by ezysquire »

If you want your matches to have some downloads, you probably want to play in another map, Isar Cross is quite unbalanced. Also, Isar Cross *is* to rush, because there's no other way to have fun ina 75 hexes map :whistle:
Winning is fun and depending factions, defence is often the best way to win on Isars - not rushing. But yes agree Isars is just for lols!
khorne-flakes

Post by khorne-flakes »

4p_-_strange_clash_fast_level.gz
(70.77 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
So here is a torturing and seeming unendingly clash game with a modality of really fast leveling and high producing villages, Rigor piloted arrogant loys, and me with orcs that got drunken, after his inicial success. Game tooke many unexpected twists,rigor got sliced at the beginning by being too overoptimistic and after tons of levelings and trols that leveled an entire dwarve army, we ended winning..
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Flexibility - Because having only one position and sticking to it is only for suckers. i read that on the internet so it must be true, haha!

Sometimes flexibility is the best against campers. in this game we got the worst imaginable combo against a very volatile gameplay (only fencers and thieves, nothing else) - yes u guessed it right - campy dwarves. and not only one type of campy dwarf, no no, TWO campy dwarves. we cringed in displeasure at the sight of the first guardsman protecting a village-to-be-ours.

Unbelieveably, dwarves retreated form this vilalge believing rightly we might be so pissed to see a campy gameplay that we would attack. the attack came, but it went deeeeeeeeeeep into enemy territory and consisted of annoying actions such as taking good positions and stealing villages. and not only that, but also THREATENING to steal villages. so we pushed and pushed the other team around until it was too much for them already. they attacked the duellists (nothing else was promising) during day, lucked out, killed another and got confident. but the very next retaliation from my side proved to be so lethal that it was gg at a very very early point of the game. see for yourself, dear observer, and keep in mind: stick to your strategy to confuse and subdue ur opponent completely!

Figure: Some fat guys looking gorgeous in the dojo
Attachments
4S_–_Zusammenstoß_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
clash pionsix & rigor going fencers & thieves only
(16.46 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
Faello

Post by Faello »

The games I like the most are the :eng: "recovery games"/"on-the-ropes games", mostly because they show the beauty of this game, are full of action and fun to watch too.

Together with sidzej, tekelili and Aethen, I had a pleasure to play one of such games on Isaar Cross and here's the replay from it (+20 turns). Since it was late, both sides have done some mistakes, but it's still worth to watch it just to see the amount of action we had there :) This game also proves why it's not a good idea to recruit a gryphon on a turn 1 on this map :whistle:

Have fun watching!
Attachments
CDeathVstek&Aethen.gz
1.8.5 replay
(28.64 KiB) Downloaded 681 times
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Faello

Post by Faello »

I recommend watching this one,

It's a good, action-packed game played on somewhat underrated map, Paths of Daggers by the multiplayer veterans.

Have fun watching!
Attachments
PathOfDaggers07072011.gz
1.8.6 replay
(69.23 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
podbelski

Post by podbelski »

Faello wrote:I recommend watching this one,

It's a good, action-packed game played on somewhat underrated map, Paths of Daggers by the multiplayer veterans.

Have fun watching!
I just don't fully get why green & blue surrendered :) never played MP
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

a really good game featuring me and Asag vs Kolbur and tekelili:

prologue: we just finished a 5 min game on xanthe chaos where so much unprobable damage was dealt in a mirror ud matchup that we could forget the game at turn 4-5 already. This time, we played clash with good tactical play from both sides - make up your mind who felt better about the situation in the end. actually i wanted to explain here how the game went, but instead i found this funny pic that will describe the relationship between me and my ally (just joking, we got along splendid) :mrgreen:

Attachments
Clash Kolbur plus teek vs Rigor plus Asag.gz
Clash Kolbur plus tekelili vs Rigor plus Asag
(46.81 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
peace

Post by peace »

This is a epic training game that CDeath and Tentacles of the Deep played before TGT3 started. I'm posting this, partially because some people think it's been a good match, but mainly because nani wants people to see he's not the only entirely crazy tentacle :D
Spoiler:
Attachments
Xanthe_Chaos_nani&peace_vs_Faello&sidzej.gz
nani (p1,undead) & peace (p4,loayalist) vs Faello (p2,northerners) & sidzej (3p,undead)
(78.48 KiB) Downloaded 583 times