1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ke

Re: Replays

Post by Ke »

I really enjoyed that Silverhead replay. I did not see the end coming until it was imminent. A very dynamic style of play. I'm thinking that the existence of multiple keeps on Silverhead enables some strategies that can really "spice up" the game, like the quasi-mobile warfare that Gallifax displays here.

Some of these high-level players must have amazing tactical minds.
Croc Paterson

Post by Croc Paterson »

Ke wrote:I really enjoyed that Silverhead replay. I did not see the end coming until it was imminent. A very dynamic style of play. I'm thinking that the existence of multiple keeps on Silverhead enables some strategies that can really "spice up" the game, like the quasi-mobile warfare that Gallifax displays here.

Some of these high-level players must have amazing tactical minds.
FYI, Gallifax is actually a cyborg, created by Dave in early 2005.
"Your face is overpowered." - Neoriceisgood
Zlodzei

Post by Zlodzei »

Croc Paterson wrote: FYI, Gallifax is actually a cyborg, created by Dave in early 2005.

Hehe, it seems to be a good combination of genetic algorithms 'n' neural networks then :lol: ... and does it mean that next TOC final will be Gallifax v.2.0.17 vs Gallifax v.1.8.9we? ;)

Galli has really spammed this thread with nice replays :)
Hope my intrest to wesnoth will return eventually -- it would be even more fun to fight him now :roll:

Regards, Pagan
I can see you!...
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Zlodzei wrote:

1.)Hehe, it seems to be a good combination of genetic algorithms 'n' neural networks then :lol: ... and does it mean that next TOC final will be Gallifax v.2.0.17 vs Gallifax v.1.8.9we? ;)

2:)Galli has really spammed this thread with nice replays :)
Hope my intrest to wesnoth will return eventually -- it would be even more fun to fight him now :roll:

Regards, Pagan
1.) Nope!. My wesnoth skills are highly overrated!

2.)Because I am clever! I dont post all the games I lost:D

Cheers my friend:)
Sombra

3rd time is the Charm

Post by Sombra »

Three rather nice games against c4rLOS

1st INsel der Stachelhaie: Knalgans vs Drakes (25 rounds)

2nd Sturmangriff: Knalgans vs Northerners (40 rounds)

3rd Sturmangriff: Loyals vs Drakes (10 rounds)
Attachments
2S_-_Die_Insel_der_Stachelhaie-Autospeichern25.zip
(34.97 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
2S_-_Sturmangriff_Runde_40_carlos.zip
(65.91 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
2S_-_Sturmangriff_Runde_10_Carlos_3.zip
(37.57 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
IB

Post by IB »

Just played a rather long Blitz undead vs undead game on 1.3.8. Took some getting use to the new adept attack. I think it might be slightly overpowered at the moment.
Attachments
2p_-_Blitz_Turn_28.zip
(46.85 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

replays

Post by Gallifax »

Hi everybody,

at some special request by nani some more replays.;)

Blitz: Goblins are usefull.

Loris River: Both wretchedsoul(our mystery man of many names;)) and I vs Nordmann and Nepumuk. Not a 1vs1 but I promise it is funny to watch:) One of the crazy ideas of wretchedsoul put into action here.:D We were drakes, Nordmann was orcs and Nepumuk loyalist.

At turn 6 the other side still couldnt see whats was going to happen, as drakes were hiding in fog. At turn 7 a whole drake army shows up next to the keep of Nepumuk(loyalist) . He died turn 8.

Den of Onis: Some nice game with Nordmann. I was dwrafs(choose) and he random undead. Its a save and 31 turns long.

Silverhead Crossing: Another match with Nordmann. 13 turns long. A loyalist mirror.

Meteor Lake:A game where I risked. Either kill his leader(good ctk) or fail and die. It was a failure;)

So hope you enjoy them. Some more later.

Cheers
Attachments
2p_-_Blitz_replay_Gallifax_vs_Aldril_Northerners_vs_Elves_36_turns.zip
Version 1.3.6

No assassins
(20.34 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
4p_-_Loris_River_replay_ElD_Gallifax_vs_Nordmann_Nepumuk.zip
Version 1.3.6.

11 turns long
(19.46 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
2p_-_Den_of_Onis_Turn_31_Nordmann_vs_Gallifax_Undead_vs_Dwarfs_31_turns.zip
Version 1.3.7

Its a save! 31 turns
(45.54 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
2p_-_Silverhead_Crossing_replay_Nordmann_vs_Gallifax_Loyalist_mirror_13_turns.zip
Version 1.3.7

13 turns
(14.56 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
2p_-_Meteor_Lake_replay_Wood_vs_Gallifax_Drakes_mirror_16_turns.zip
Version 1.3.7
(13.26 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Croc Paterson

Post by Croc Paterson »

For those looking to improve their Drake v. Loyalist skills, file these under "things not to do." In the first match, carlos decides to compete with water units on the central Weldyn Channel (Blitz) island.

In the second, he puts a bunch of units on bad terrain in an attempt to kill one spearman. Incidentally, it's also this match that won him the "Poor Sportsmanship Trophy" for the month of October. :)

Both end early due to disconnects on his end.

http://star.walagata.com/w/paterson/1v1 ... vs._c4rLOS

http://star.walagata.com/w/paterson/1v1 ... ._Paterson (read the chat log for an added treat.)
"Your face is overpowered." - Neoriceisgood
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I've heard a bit of complaining about the Undead lately, a lot of which centers around Loy/Undead and Drake/Undead. I personally don't believe that Undead has much of a problem, but I thought it'd be good to augment any related discussions with a few relevent replays. If anyone would like to post any replays that support an argument from either side, please do.

These are all dev branch replays.

Gallifax (P1, Undead) vs. Reloc (p2, Loyalists) on Sablestone Delta
http://www.mediafire.com/?dtmoym2oexw
Some fairly defensive Loyalist play from reloc. A primarily mage/fencer/spearman/HI recruit from reloc, and a lot of WCs (with adept and some mild bat and skeleton support) from Gallifax.

bunbunbunbun :P(P1, Loyalists) vs. IB (P2, Undead) on Den of Onis
http://www.mediafire.com/?6xjqdy0gxox
I opted for some aggressive Loy play here. Highlights the interesting interaction between adepts, spearmen, cavalry, WCs, skeletons, etc. Note that I don't use any HI during the decisive half of the game.

There are more matches coming from Gallifax that I'll post up in a bit.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Undead replays

Post by Gallifax »

Ok here some more replays with undeads involved.

Game 3 and 4 are the ones which are most interesting.

Regards Gallifax

Edit: I added one more replay. Undead vs Undead on Caves of the Basilisks.

Maybe worth seeing, since all the recent balnce changes changed that matchup too . Ghouls are now actually usefull with their resistance to arcane vs da spam. Should be the 1th replay now

And thx for the game gerd, you are a good sportsman.

Cheers
Attachments
2p_-_Caves_of_the_Basilisk_Turn_17_Gallifax_vs_gerd_undead_mirror_17_turns.zip
Version 1.3.9
(23.71 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
2p_-_Charge_replay_tchado_vs_Gallifax_Loyals_vs_Undead_26_turns.zip
Version 1.3.7
(29.54 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
2p_-_Charge_replay_WildPenguin_vs_Gallifax_Northerners_vs_Undead.zip
Version 1.3.7
(36.23 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
2g_-_Ruiny_Sullas_replay_Elrood_vs_Gallifax_Dwarfs_vs_Undead_19_turns.zip
Veriosn 1.3.8
(19.42 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
2p_-_Charge_replay_Gallifax_vs_Luteros_Undead_vs_Drakes_18_turns.zip
Veriosn 1.3.8
(15.87 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Last edited by Gallifax on November 2nd, 2007, 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grrr

Do you know what race I am?

Post by grrr »

Some people seem to fully believe loyals are screwed when they recruit pierce units against UD. Well, i felt quite confident with them =)

Here the screenshot that made me smile during the game.
Attachments
UD:  Do you know what race I am?<br />Loy: I do<br />UD:  Do you regret recruiting ALL pierce?<br />Loy: No
UD: Do you know what race I am?
Loy: I do
UD: Do you regret recruiting ALL pierce?
Loy: No
do_you_know_what_race_i_am.jpg (198.9 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
grrr-linuxoriginal-hamlets.zip
Red: grrr, Loyalists (random)
Blue: LinuxOriginal, Undead (random)
Red wins.
(32.61 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Caeb

Post by Caeb »

aww, I half-expected it to be a win without HI/mages until I saw the screenshot... too many ghouls/ghosts ineffectively used by blue...

unfortunately, I've played zero noteworthy games as either UD or Loyals of late, much less with those two in the same game... ("Random" wants me to brush up on my Drake/Rebel skills, apparently...)

in the meantime, a different Chaotic/Lawful match-up for your viewing pleasure: Northerners vs. Loyalists on Fallenstar Lake...

features:
-a ToD pendulum in the north and naval assault against combined arms in the south
-an opportunity presented at turn 9
-a brief goblin incursion through the center
-a suicidal rush at an unfavorable ToD leading to another opportunity at turn 15
-and finally, a case of units in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong accuracy... (wrong for one of the players, at least...)

it mainly highlights caution in leader usage, combat on and mobility across multiple fronts, and the saying "it's not over until it's over"...
Attachments
2p-angryfireworks_vs._Caeb_Fallenstar_Lake_(Loyalists,_Northerners)_replay.zip
(24.53 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Last edited by Caeb on November 2nd, 2007, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turska

Post by turska »

Here's a replay versus Gallifax.

I had Northerners (random), Gallifax had Drakes (random).
Attachments
2p_-_Weldyn_Channel_replay_turska_vs_Gallifax_Northerners_vs_Drakes_v1.3.9.zip
(25.35 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
leocrotta

Post by leocrotta »

Haven't played that many 1vs1s lately, here are the most recent ones though, iirc.

1st : vs Gallifax -> contains the birth of Rampyfax (Gallifax on a rampage) :wink:
2nd : vs Nordmann -> contains the evidence of luck being a factor of the game (my stats were horribly positive)
3rd : vs khiM -> the worst matchup for the bunch of orcs imho (nomads fighting the masses)

best regards, nani :wink:
Attachments
recent.zip
(95.81 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

With a new month comes a new nomination for the Poor Sportsmanship Award!

I present for review my fourth game with the beloved c4rl0s, which occurred a mere hour ago. (I think I've already posted my other 3 games with him.)

A lot of the same garbage from the other replays; losing and then telling his opponent that they are "nothing," that he "wasn't trying," and that he's "beaten a lot of experienced a**es." All ending in a disconnect, naturally.

http://files.openomy.com/public/Doc%20P ... son_UD_Loy

It occurs to me that the server would be a much nicer place with this guy gone. :) He's more civil with names he's familiar with, but anyone wishing to see his true colors (if they aren't already aware) should log in anonymously, beat him, and watch the verbal garbage flow.

Incidentally, the monthly winner of the Poor Sportsmanship Award wins a savage beat-down from the members of the Hall of Eternal Champions, and is then sent back into the world, to consider their actions.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme