1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

soul_steven

Re: 1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Post by soul_steven »

A really good Dwarf vs Orc game on Freelands. I wont give to much away just enjoy the replay.
Attachments
shagal_37_turn_gem.gz
(49.13 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
iRoyal

Post by iRoyal »

So, this is my first real multiplayers match ever, and I won! I mean, I think I got a little lucky and I definitely made some mistakes in losing units I didn't have to, but besides that I thought things went quite well for me and my fundamentals were solid enough.

If you guys have anything constructive to say about my play, please message me.
Attachments
2p_-_Weldyn_Channel_replay.gz
(22.73 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

oh a fresh face! let me welcome you to our community of wesnoth players! i am watching your replay right now at this moment so i can answer all your question appropriately:

how vision works: a unit sees its movement area, plus one movement point extra. so that means, a 10 MP scout sees on plains 11 MP far, when there is plains plus some "nature", like hills, water, or the like he sees less far. this is why very good players like to "park" units in areas that have a high movement handicap, like on this map: you skip the penalty of mostly 3 MP "vision". well, i think u figure it out when u see the example from below.

Figure: about vision...

apart of that, the next time u defend a village and a unit is pretty damaged you could exchange it with a "fresh" one, good players do it all the time - why? because if the battle is raging, you will most probably lose that unit and it will not get 8 hp back, and u will lose money when the other player occupies this location. also, no need to overreact with your forces and run where the battle is. you just stay on your village like an overprotective mother when there are less than 3 units that can attack you (turn 6). thats about it, looking forward to playing with u on the server!
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

a very fun mirror elf v elf on 1000 stings garrison:

how can it be so fun to play with the same units? watch the slaughter yourself! epic moments included...

Figure: Elf beauty - i had the shamans :D
Attachments
2p_-_Thousand_Stings_Garri..._replay.gz
E v E
(24.12 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Here the full 56 turn match vs Shagal on freelands. Seems to be the only proper place to upload it.

The one on ladder8 is broken.
Attachments
2p_-_The_Freelands_replay_Shagal_l8_loy_dwarf.gz
(55.42 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Replay doesnt seem to be in archive, so I upload here to get it reported on l8
Attachments
2p_-_Silverhead_Crossing_replay_l8_Mrzinzin_ud_loy.gz
(21.4 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Hi everybody, my holidays have just kicked in and here are some special games for you!

Radar v Rigor - Freelands

Here goes a typical game where noone knows the factions of the other player. this time i went for an early interruption of the right side attack by pressing left as p2 myself. It came as a little surprise that radar as undead did not want to gain any kind of nighttime advantage out of his turns so i was overjoyed to fight exactly in daytime when he was defending (or should i say, killing?). the game obviously went quite good for him, judging by his good mood and sense of humor - but then the unthinkable happened: after relaxing too much, one unit which was not blocked, turns the game to an abrupt end. the whole carnage is to be found in the savegame below, here you can see the turn of events:

Figure: Timeline of a decoy attack

Horus2 v Rigor

This is a biiiiiiiiiiiiig special in many regards . Firstly, let me tell you about the background of this epic match. Horus and I were allies in the famous TGT that regularly takes part one time a year on the official wesnoth server. (here is the link in case you should have missed it: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=tgt). The game itself was therefore a landfish versus landfish battle, fought out under the premise to be a fish-heavy recruit game on a fishy map, and whats more it was Horus' 500th ladder game too! So what we got here is a big battle featuring bold sushi rolls on many occasions and tactical unit positioning par excellence!

Figure: The Crown of Tuna Island

Hope to read some comments below!
Attachments
2p_—_Hornshark_Island_replay.gz
The Crown of Tuna Island
(28.44 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Radar_v_Rigor_being_a_smartass.gz
Radar vs Rigor
(15.57 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Some newer player requested an UD vs Loylas. Took some time to finish this reload after all. Was it Kanzil, Abstract Schlamarcel? hmm dont know anymore.

Here is is Ud vs Loyals with LT leader as P2 on COB, 36 turns
Attachments
2p_-_Caves_Of_The_Basilisk_replay_Undead_Loy_lt_p2_Rastan.gz
(46.63 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

You don't want one of my replays...unless 2v2 IC they're bound to be incredibly one-sided...(apart from one epic 30 turn battle on hamlets. That was my first game. It's all gone down-hill from there)

EDIT: actually that one's quite good. I surprise myself.
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Why no comments on Rigor's storytelling painthaxism? This should be the future of replay flavoring! Idea has been planted already: to make a fun match (check), have enough freetime (for my surprise, check), make some panels, number them, add text for good measure and TADA the first wesnoth replay-comic!

*gone copypasting*
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Full replay of that Orc(p2) vs Undead(p1) on Hamlets from the 13th of July vs SirFantom, ful replay doesnt work for Ladder8
Attachments
2p_-_Hamlets_replay_Sirfantom_ladder8_orc_vs_Undead_p2.gz
(49.85 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

The rest of that replay vs SirFantom ion tobs of kesorak
Attachments
2p_-_Tombs_Of_Kesorak_Turn_20_(2281)l8_sirfantom.gz
(72.47 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

29turns Drakes p2 vs Loyals p1 on Hamlets
Attachments
2p_-_Hamlets_replay_Schlamarcel_ladder8_Dr_loya_p1_choosen.gz
(29.59 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

what to do against elf fighter spam...

i believe you have to weaken one elf and tear a hole in the defense by backstabbing. in this game i was not overly lucky with the first part but footies cant be killed with just two units effectively, especially if a bit healthier, and so the focus was not on the overly powerful thieves, winning me the game with a heroic effort from my leader.

Attachments
2p_-_Howling_Ghost_Badlands_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
(17.88 KiB) Downloaded 320 times