1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rigor

Re: 1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Post by Rigor »

Ah yes i knew i wanted to watch this one some days ago :) ill watch it RIGHT AFTER THIS ONE:

Some of u already know, but for those that dont, there is this ambush tournament going on right now, and lots of good matches have been played so far, but none was better than this one i believe:

paradise city played vs cackfiend in a picked orcs (troll ldr) vs picked dwarves (fat guy) matchup.

In fact, this picture is pretty wrong in terms of what got killed during the game, but eventually it turned out to be the perfect one for this showdown.... and now enjoy the REPLAY

link: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 08#p417408

DDL: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/download/file.php?id=39330
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

sabrestone extreme:

lots of fishes, lots of unexpected hits/kills and two bad moves made the game - although in that last situation not much could have been done to stop the almighty shocktrooper recruiting machine;)

ah yes i almost forgot to mention that the game begun with a nasty trap - a lonely fish in the river, playing bait and calling for backup 1 turn later :mrgreen:
Attachments
fish_trap.gz
sabrestone p2
(16.45 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Just_end_turn

Post by Just_end_turn »

[ First of all, it's not JEt, it's his brother ]

Ok, this replay wasn't against a very good player, but it's one of the most funyn games I played :)

My adversary give up when there wasn't actually any kill, but I had clearly won :P

That also learns to some players that you can't always retreat.

He finally lost because he used his leader for 4 turns, tryng to kill a bat :P
Attachments
JET_vs_goiken.gz
PEACE man :D
(11.26 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

After a funny battle Rigor asked to post epidsode one of our game -

have fun
2p_-_Serpent_Ford_-_Create..._Runde_6.gz
(30.29 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Well up north it should be cold...
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

:!: UD vs EL on serpent ford :!:

Recently i havent been posting 1v1 games, but here is a game ( Version 1.8 ) that nobody should miss! I asked Nordmann to kindly test a new addon, and this is what has happened:

During this game i used a hidden unit :lol2: to decide an important skirmish at turn 10. :eng: Usually, this would have decided the game for me. Unfortunately, or rather, excitingly, and because of Nordmanns incredibly *bothering* :twisted: game understanding, the battle raged on, harder and more fast-paced than ever. My leader started migrating down towards battle to recruit in my newly occupied keep. Lots of unexpected kills ensued, as well as equally unexpected and spectacular misses! Woses started to grow out of every corner of Nordmanns castle and undeads had to watch helplessly as their peers were completely slaughtered during an extraordinary powerplay during daytime.
The match stayed on the brink until the very last ounce of damage was dealt. 38 dead units until the an epic and legendary king vs king duel decided everything!

PS:
the savegame is complete, you wont need part I & II
this game had it all, BURS, Insane luck, hidden unit action, backstabbing, corpsifying, WML missing child error, lvl2s, and a leader vs leader ending
Attachments
2p_-_Serpent_Ford_-_Create..._Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
Unbelievable battle UD vs EL on serpent ford
(26.35 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

absolute ownification on crescent lake.

orcs were coming in low numbers on both sides against loyalists which were also low in numbers. however that didnt stop them from putting up quite a show through incredible killings. very nice ZOCs were constructed to lead the orcs into disadvantageous attacking positions and that almost the entire army was smart didnt really help the poor orcish cause.

in a big showdown some lvl2s died but were soon replaced with other, SMART units. incredible how that trait was deciding the game! after another "want-to-but-cant-kill" level up the game was over!

conclusions for the next games:

half assed orcs attack vs half assed loys attack does NOT work for orcs :mrgreen: loys will survive, and they will get the kills.
Attachments
2p_-_Crescent_Lake_-_Creat..._Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
orcs falling one after the other on crescent
(40.2 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

A good undead vs rebels game on Crescent Lake.

I'm looking for feedback because the match felt slightly imbalanced in the rebels favor.
Attachments
2p_Crescent_Lake_replay.gz
(20.96 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

Erm...That's Knalgans vs Loyalists...
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Alright, here is the correct replay then.
Attachments
2p_-_Crescent_Lake_-_Crea..._replay.gz
(24.39 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
hugho

Post by hugho »

Velensk wrote:I'm looking for feedback because the match felt slightly imbalanced in the rebels favor.
I played Undead in that game. I think that the single most important factor that decided the game was that I had misplayed the attack on left flank on round 11, leaving adepts unprotected.

Regarding the imbalance in favour of Rebels, I only found the long range of scouts annoying, with them stealing villages behind my front at one moment. That I should have avoided by devoting a unit or two to have an eye on the villages and then I think it could have been fine. It was also a bit tough to repel the Rebel units from non-flat tiles, but this is not Rebel-specific, and could have been done, had I played the aforementioned attack better, I think. To conclude, I didn't find the map favouring Rebels during the game.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

saw both, sorry for ur obvious great luck velensk in the one, and hugho, i think luck also screwed you over at turn 12, this didnt look fun XD you actually had a great position but several times i wondered why u didnt send a certain unit towards batte but COMPLETELY ELSEWHERE :D i think, THIS was the rason why you finally lose the game.

i got a nice cynsaun battlefield here! it was a dwarf vs dwarf matchup and absolutely super interesting! there were huge amounts of kills and red had a constant village advantage.

this game was just the creme de la creme of battles fought on this map! incredible killing maneuvers compared with macro-scale tactics.

unfortunately the server crashed and we couldnt continue.

ive never met this guy before but maybe that doesnt mean anything as you will c in game ^^
Attachments
2S_–_Cynsauns_Schlachtfeld_Runde_23.gz
cynsaun battle (incredible)
(86.77 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
hugho

Post by hugho »

Knalgans over Northerners on The Freelands

Here is an informal game of me against player1467 on the theme "Never give up!". After a terrible start I found myself (Knalgans) down to 6 units, 2 kills and 5 villages against 11 units, 5 kills and 11 villages of my opponent at the end of my opponent's (player 1) 7th turn. Then the miracle had begun. (: My opponent left at turn 17, when his position already seamed to be inferior. The end of the game is against AI, with Knalgans winning at turn 29.

I hope it's interesting to watch.
Attachments
2p_-_The_Freelands_replay_surviving_a_coma.gz
(37.03 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

very fine match indeed. your opponent was not a noob judging by the move he did to trap you in the north east. but obviously he lost faith in his troops at a certain point, while u didnt. nice battle shortly before he left around T14-15
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

here a match on unfolding space, that means, on the MODIFIED version. it looks pretty finished already, some little tweaks will be inevitable but look for yourselves:

dauntless vs rigor LOY vs EL

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/download/file.php?id=41334

and maybe more importantly the link to the topic:

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 29#p431329
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

zomg !!!

43 turns

full of suspense during a

laddergame

between

henry and goiken

elf-henry throws back goikens orcs for 28 turns, and then he suddenly changes his strategy for an all-in attack on goiken. during this amazing attack he managed to level all his remaining units to lvl2, having an incredible 9 lvl2 units at one time.

of course goiken moved back because of understandable fear to get killed, but somehow all observers were screaming in agony HOW he did it, but watch yourselves. its so incredible i wont even tell u who won or it would spoil everything!!!!

Attachments
2p_-_Serpent_Ford_henry_vs_goiken.gz
henry vs goiken
(49.53 KiB) Downloaded 321 times