1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IB

Post by IB »

In the second reply, I've got to turn 8 and you still haven't taken the swamp village at 19,2. Any reason for that?

...seems you don't take it at all, it's in your blind spot?
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

IB wrote:In the second reply, I've got to turn 8 and you still haven't taken the swamp village at 19,2. Any reason for that?

...seems you don't take it at all, it's in your blind spot?
Chalk it up to sickness and lack of sleep. Nice handicap though. You know Team Hodor- always trying to give the other guy a chance.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Motrax

Post by Motrax »

When a game gets too long ...
Loyalists (Motrax) vs Drakes (whitewater and taken over by duffchong - had to reoad due to oos-yes it was oos on default era :P)
wesnoth version 1.2.1
the replay only seems to start from when duffchong took over after the reload

posting this replay just because its a ridiciously long stalemate-ish game
Attachments
2p_-_Kryjówka_Onisa_powtórka incredibly_long.zip
ridiciously long
(25.46 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Gryphon riders should look like gryphons with a dwarf on its back not a badger or dwarf in a canooe!
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

Wesnoth 1.2.1 1vs 1 Replay

For your viewing pleasure...
The Comeback that didn't work( but almost did!), the naga ambush and more!
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!

I was the Rebel Captain and DragonDrop was the Troll who liked his goblins...

If you really want to know who won then select the text below:
CommanderKeen (Rebels) vs. DragonDrop (Orcs)
(20.98 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

HODOR!

Post by Gallifax »

Hey folks,

here for all fans of Hodor 2 replays. Didn't use the name hodor . In case I loose:)

Hope you enjoy them . Maybe not brilliant, but good enough to honor Doc Paterson and Hodor:D

Best regards Gallifax
Attachments
2p_-_Sablestone_Delta_replay-Hodor vs loyals.zip
(11.6 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
2p_-_Charge_replay-HODOR vs Northerners.zip
(12.96 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

When the PK Clan challenged the N3T Clan, a quick battle ensued. Note, the exp settings were 40%, but this favored the Rebels more than the Northerners (since orcs tend to use an expendable unit strategy).

{edit: warning, one of the observers did utter a couple examples of 'foul language' in this.}
Attachments
Blitz_PKvsN3T.zip
PK Random (Rebels) vs. N3T Random (Northerners)
(13.08 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Zlodzei

Pagan's Hodor!

Post by Zlodzei »

Recently i've discovered for myself Hodor.
Nothing to say more, except enjoy these replays; they are quite funny, in spite level of gameplay is not high. :arrow:

Pagan.
Attachments
Hodor_Sablestone_Delta_replay.zip
Pagan(Hodor!) -- Kapptyan(northener) Sablestone's Delta
(6.77 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Pagan_svek_HODOR!.zip
Pagan(Hodor!) -- svek(elf) Hamlets
(11.28 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Pagans_Hodor.zip
Pagan(Hodor!) -- mrhe(knalgans) Charge
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
I can see you!...
Duthlet
Code Contributor

Post by Duthlet »

I'm posting the replay of a game Gallifax (Knalgan Alliance) vs Duthlet (Drakes) on charge for 1.3.1

We were wondering how Knalgans are supposed to win in this matchup. Feedback is welcome.
Attachments
Gallifax_vs_Duthlet.zip
Gallifax (Knalgan Alliance) vs Duthlet (Drakes)
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Duthlet wrote:Gallifax (Knalgan Alliance) vs Duthlet (Drakes) on charge

We were wondering how Knalgans are supposed to win in this matchup.

I remember that that a few players were recently having the opposite problem.... (It should be noted that bert1 wasn't really arguing for the thunderer being unbalanced, but was searching for answers.)
bert1 wrote:It's hard to know what drakes can do vs a thunderer spam on a smallish map. Anyone else think this verges on unbalanced?
bert1 wrote: It's just one of the more common of my MP experiences: drakes getting shot to death by thunderers and expressing a certain frustration that they can't seem to do much about it.
bert1 wrote: I haven't come across many good drake players on the MP server which is perhaps what has led to my impression they are weak to thunderer spam. I'd be interested to see a replay of a game between two good players, drakes vs knalgans, on one of the standard 1v1 maps, in which the drakes won. I'll have a look on one of the replays threads.
Pietro recruited a great many thunderers against Roman Loyalist on sablestone delta in the 1v1 tournament and won. Not that that proves anything apart from that a top player thinks that thunderers are particularly effective vs drakes.

You should take a look at 2 matches from the 1v1 Tournament- Note that Knalgans won in both of these matches (incidentally, these two are the only two Drake vs. Knalgan tournament matches that I can recall.). One was Pietro vs. Roman Loyalist (Pietro won as Knalgans), and the other was Pietro vs. Soliton on Silverhead Crossing (Soliton won as Knalgans).

Anyways, I've not yet had the chance to watch the match you posted. I'll do that soon and give you my thoughts.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Duthlet wrote:I'm posting the replay of a game Gallifax (Knalgan Alliance) vs Duthlet (Drakes) on charge for 1.3.1

We were wondering how Knalgans are supposed to win in this matchup. Feedback is welcome.
Things I'm noticing as I watch:

* 2 Footpads is a weird first turn recruit. It's particularly unnecessary as player one on Charge.

* There's the obvious fact that you recruited no first turn Thunderers at all. I personally like to start with one, and no Poacher. I guess you were trying to recreate your recruit from the first game; I'm just suggesting that you could modify that template a little.

* It looks like you only bring out the Thunderers after you start losing.

* A Gryphon probably shouldn't be actively trying to steal villages against Drakes, as they can easily trap a Gryphon- much more easily than most any other faction.

* Taking that village so near to the Drake keep was really asking for that unit to die. I guess you were desperate at this point though, so I understand why you'd want to give it a go and hope for some luck.

* Turn 13- You said "I probably should have pushed more on the left now." I agree with that.

* Turn 18- You still have a few poachers clinging to life- I can't remember if they survived the whole game or you recruited them later, but unless you want to go on a really heavy offensive, I'd ditch the Poachers entirely. Against Drakes, they're going to be pretty poor village holders.

* Turn 19- "I wonder if a few more Thieves would have helped versus these mass Saurians." I don't think so. The Thieves would die pretty quickly if there was more than one Auger involved. Anomalous luck (which there are always pockets of, in every game) will often lead to unexpected Thief deaths, as well. I think you'd be better with more regular Dwarves, and of course, more Thunderers. Saurians will often take heavy damage when trying to melee a Thunderer off of a village (the Thunderer melee is large relative to Saurian HP, as you know.) and will likely take losses on the following turn.
without your noses.
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Don't listen to Doc's drake loving conspiracies, there is no reason to ever recruit anything but outlaws! HODOR!
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
HODOR
Hodor

hodor?

Post by HODOR »

Hodor hodor hodor hodor!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What I have here is the worst case of beguiner luck I have ever seen... I was not playing my best and things did not seem to be working then I looked at the statistics and saw why he seemed to be winning dispite all his mistakes... At that point I stopped playing for real and In the end a complete newbie with an extencive list of mistakes beat me. Very Frustrating

By the end of the game I was more than 180 damage under EV.
Attachments
2p_-_Hornshark_Island-Auto-Save22_replay 5.zip
(14.4 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

Velensk wrote:What I have here is the worst case of beguiner luck I have ever seen... I was not playing my best and things did not seem to be working then I looked at the statistics and saw why he seemed to be winning dispite all his mistakes... At that point I stopped playing for real and In the end a complete newbie with an extencive list of mistakes beat me. Very Frustrating

By the end of the game I was more than 180 damage under EV.
lol wow that is indeed pretty crazy... Especially all the hits you missed on 80% CTH
http://giantitp.com

"I have 8 forums, soon to be 7!" - Troy
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Replay

Post by Gallifax »

Hello,

her yet another defeat from me. Am I the only one who posts defeats?:D

Wel I like to have some feedback on it.

Were both xchoosing factions.:)

replay is 1.2.2 compatible.

Drakes (hubmle Gallifax) vs Solo undead on Hamlets