Qestion about undeads

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Undeads are:

Totally overpowered
2%
Overpowered
7%
Good balanced
57%
Underpowered
29%
Totally underpowered
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 58

Tomsik

Qestion about undeads

Post by Tomsik »

What do you think?
(imo they are underpowered)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Despite my continued misgivings about the Ghost, on the whole the faction is well balanced.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

The udead are well balanced, except for the ghost. It is too hard to kill one if you have no holy weapons, and they can easily evade your attacks.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

ghost can be kill easily if you are using the right units, eg troll with support from the new fire arrow archer. IMO ghost is weak in some ways drake burner can kill it in 1 try most of the time.
skullcrusher

Post by skullcrusher »

I find that the undead perform well against all other factions. There is no clear advantage on either side provided one uses the correct units.
The true enemy is within yourself.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

in 0.9.2 ghost can be killed even easier by orc now, undead is still a fairly balance race apart from the slight increase of ghost hp.
ryn

Post by ryn »

I think it is well balanced - every faction has a good chance against them if both players are good, and they seem to have a good chance against every faction. :)
2B |! 2B = 3F
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

i think every faction have very effective tactic agnist undeads, for example
orcish archers + trolls
archers kills ghosts and trolls for rest
mages + woses/heavy infantry
mages for ghosts woses/HI for rest
berserkers + fighters
berserker in good place kill ghost, fighters eat rest of guys
drakes can have problems with undeads , but undeads with drakes too.
undead vs undead = long play
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

yes tom, that is why i love this game so much because its really balanced...well mostly :D but i still think undead ghost whould need a slight increase in HP like +3~5hp coz a 20g ghost has about the same hp as a 6g walking corpse, even with the resistance its still quite easy to kill, and it doesnt have high damage. that's my opinion.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The ghost's resistances effectively double his HP (although the rounding works against him) while allowing him to heal faster. Does 40 HP seem like little to you? :)

I know that when applied, it really works like he has ~ 30 HP, but that's not to be laughed at when he moves rather fast and does decent damage. Just remember that the ghost is a specialty unit, not a frontline fighter.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Still his no fire res makes him back to having little hp when put up against drakes, or mages, course then vs drakes drakes, all the undead have are bats and adepts... Also it does seem kinda sad that for everything the undead have, for every faction it comes down to them just buy one or two units which massacre through the undead weaknesses.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I think you're overestimating the undead's weaknesses. Sure, other factions all have units that are good against some undead units, but not against all. Some consider undead to be the best faction to use against drakes, for example.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

So are you telling me to use only skeletons as main frontline or should i use WC more ( because i practically don't use it )?.

Ghost holds units back because of his movement and his 50% defense but i use it quite often.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Yes they are because of and only because of the dark adept. I have won whole battles with just dark adepts vs drakes. As for all other undead units other then ghosts there weak to fire, holy and I believe impact, although the bat might not have weakness to impact,I'll check on that. As for the ghost, fire and holy mop him up leaving only the dark adept as the only unit in the undead army who will not be killed with ease, by flame breathing drakes, mages, and now orcish archers if we get don't look at the dark adept, ghost and maybe bat, we're down to the rest of the undead cast being crushed by shock troopers, dwarven fighters, thugs, woses, trolls, and everything else which has impact. The problem isn't that undead are a hard to play race it's that we've made the anti undead strategy painfully easy, any noob with a few games under his belt can start crushing them. If we trully wanted to make it not as easy, we would make some more undead resistant to impact and the others not affected by fire....
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I won't disagree with that. I think skeletons should be resistant to fire, and ghouls resistant to impact. But, that doesn't mean they're a bad faction. For example, I think rebels are worse.
The World of Orbivm