LA_RPG_ERA Feedback and Ideas

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Re: LA_RPG_ERA Feedback and Ideas

Post by hay207 »

Yes, redownloaded, seems fine now.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
HolyHipster

Post by HolyHipster »

Hey,

I still have an error, that prevents the mappack from loading :cry:

Tried reinstalling the Era and the Mappack several times, also reinstalled BfW 1.14.11 once (steam version) . Strangely It works fine on my Android Smartphone in the Android Port.

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\AMD SYSTEM\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14/data/add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Missing closing tag for tag [variable]
expected at core/macros/utils.cfg:187
included from core/_main.cfg:18
included from _main.cfg:18
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/inventory/equip_macros.cfg:225
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/paths.cfg:12
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:77
included from ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/scenarios/4_villages.cfg:36
included from ~add-ons/LA_RPG_Maps/_main.cfg:15
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:78
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/inventory/equip_macros.cfg:239
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/LA_RPG_Era.cfg:78
opened at core/macros/utils.cfg:188
included from core/_main.cfg:18
included from _main.cfg:18
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/utils/inventory/equip_macros.cfg:225
included from <unknown>:1
Unfortunately only the Survival Arena Map loads and is selectable.
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Hello all! Just wanted to put a quick note out there that I had to hastily remove the addon from the server as I forgot to archive a copy of version 0.3.4a before uploading version 0.3.5a. It is imperative that I prevent anybody else from updating to version 0.3.5a until I have gotten a quick copy of 0.3.4a. The addon was still working for local games on 0.3.5a, however it stopped working on the multiplayer servers and would not allow you to use one of my maps to create a game on the server. Please, if you have a copy of the 0.3.4a version, message me and we'll get the newest version back and uploaded on the addons server.
Thank you so much for your time!

TLDR: if you have version 0.3.4a, then I would forever be in your debt if you could copy it and save it for me so that I can fix the online multiplayer capabilities!
- Been playing Wesnoth since 2004 and the 1.0.x versions.
- Creator of Undead Invasion MP Scenario Pack.
- Creator of Valeria MP Adventure
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Hello all! Just wanted to quickly update you guys on what's going on. So I have been in contact with several of the developers regarding my add-on and why the multiplayer server has been preventing us from creating multiplayer lobbies. As it turns out, there is a limit to how big the size of a scenario can be. Essentially certain aspects of my add-on that the preprocessor is attributing to my scenarios are making the scenarios too big to play on the wesnoth multiplayer servers. I am currently working to optimize the code and find alternative fixes to this issue however that may take a little while. In the meantime I plan to rerelease version 0.3.4a since I have graciously been saved by two people sending me their downloaded copies of the add-on. So thank you both so much for saving us there!
As a precaution, I will be archiving uploads far more zealously to prevent another issue like this from arising. Thank you all so much as I work to fix this!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Hello all! I just wanted to announce that we have finally fixed the major issues plaguing the RPG Era! I just finished uploading the newest version: 0.3.5b!
Attached below is the post that I was going to include two days ago regarding the changes in patch 0.3.5, but I decided to postpone posting it until I fixed the release and post it all together. So if you enjoy reading, here is the in depth changelog and development thought process regarding that update!

VERSION 0.3.5 has been released!

Hello all! Welcome to LA_RPG_ERA update rundown. We have been very busy with making a bunch of additions as well as balancing changes over the last 24 hours!

First off we want to thank all of you who have been trying out the add-on as well as the new map that we released on patch 0.3.3! It truly means a lot to us and especially me as I have poured a lot of time into this project over the last 2 years and it genuinely makes me happy to see people enjoying it! Now onto today's topics:
Update 0.3.5 Brings a lot of new additions to the Era as well as a couple of bugfixes and quality of life changes. After a bunch of testing, playthroughs with several different people and feedback from the half dozen people who participated, we found certain metas beginning to develop that we wanted to go ahead and address this patch.
A lot of players found that the earth elemental had just far too good of stats to try and pick up other elemental summons; so we toned the big rock boy down with some nerfs to his resistances to both fire and cold as well as removing his regenerates ability. We will be checking to see if the earth elemental is still strong enough of a pick for players to use or if his nerfs were too much (if too much, we will restore the regenerates ability and see how it goes from there.
Next we noticed that the dwarf and orc races were not seeing a whole lot of picks so we gave them a little love. Dwarves have already been a fairly powerful choice due to their magic strength combined with their raw damage they can put out while wielding heavy weapons, but just to modernize their magic slightly and give them a nice buff, we adjusted runic forge from giving flat damage (ie: runic forge leve 3 gives a flat 3 bonus damage) to a scaling percentage damage thus making dwarves that upgrade this ability a strong mid-lategame pick as a 1+40% attack damage bonus does quite a bit when you have a dragon staff with a whopping 54 damage.
Orcs have been underperforming pretty much since their release. We figured it's due time to give them a chance to shine in the spotlight. We gave them a new race ability that all orcs can access: bloodlust. the ability gives a flat healing off of melee hits on enemies. This should help even further with the orcs strong early game to help give them a chance to get chosen over their current dominant couter-part: trolls. Speaking of trolls, we are considering giving them some adjustments or potential minor nerfs to help allow the orc and dwarvish races to shine as up until now trolls have just outclassed orcs on every spectrum. We will be watching to see if orcs can make a resurgence this update before making any hits on trolls though.
Some new buffs have been made to the Brute Magic Tree as it has just been overshadowed by all of the other magic trees. As the brute magic tree doesn't have any healing or revive magic, the orcs have been left with the weakest magic tree while they share said tree with trolls who have access to both brute magic as well as red magic. So we gave some nice modernization buffs to the brute magic tree to help bring it up to par with other trees. These buffs see the flat damage reductions from intimidate get replaced with scaling percentage damage reductions. This brings Brute Magic users a huge buff as it makes them excellent boss counters by cutting enemy unit's damage down by up to 50%. Even more so with the new magical ability exposing curse. This new casting ability reduces the targeted unit's resistances by 5/10/15/20/25% and will also be invaluable vs boss units.
Next up on the list we have the Saurian race's Decay Magic. The saurian race is supposed to be a heavily magic driven race and up until the last update (0.3.4) they seemed to just be steps behind other magic trees. So the last two updates we have been working diligently to creatively add new content to their Decay Magic tree. This update we have added the new casting ability 'Temporal Winds.' This ability steals stats from the targeted unit for a turn (level 1 steals 1 damage and 3 hp from the target). With this as well as the several recent additions to the Decay magic tree over the last several updates and giving the saurian magic class 2 casts at the start of the game, Saurians now feel like one of the top magic contenders even with their race being locked into just one magic tree.
This update we also gave a small buff to the Vigor race upgrade. Now on top of increasing how much hp you recover when you level up, the upgrade also gives a bonus 1 max hp for the first 3 upgrades, and a bonus 2 max hp on the last 3. This buff is minor but it should bring more value to choosing it early into the game (especially for upcoming rpg scenarios) as the value of leveling up and small hp bonuses early on is very high.
Lastly before we go into the list of changes, we wanted to address the strategy of potion popping. we have slightly reworked the prices of potions in the shop due to the abusive nature of some of the potions. Heroic potions, haste potions, max mana potions, and casting potions have all received minor nerfs. Late game players would buy a ton of these potions, especially the +5 hero points potion and chug 10-15 of them at a time. In order to stop this (or at least make it more difficult to do this) we have now created increasing prices. The cost goes up for each individual player each time THAT player buys one. ie: if player 1 buys a heroic potion, the cost for just player 1 to buy another one goes up by 25g.This will allow for players to use the potions early on if they still choose to, however the increasing costs will discourage players from abusing this mechanic to gain 45 free hero points.
And lastly-lastly: We have made a couple of bugfixes that have been plaguing us for several months now! The two most notable ones are fixing the bug where tier 5 weapons wouldn't show up in the shop! This is a huge fix as it allows players to access those much needed late game weapons. The other fix was to a bug where heroes would mysteriously get their level reset back to level 1. We located what was causing the bug and patched it up! Now for those of you who didn't know, this will allow for heroes to gain even more hero points when leveling up since the way that the hero point system actually works is you receive 4 hero points upon leveling up as well as 1 more hero point per level of your hero. (ie: a level 4 hero would receive 8 hero points for leveling up). While we are happy to have fixed this bug, we are a little wary that there of still some more of these bugs in the code and we would verymuch like for you guys to continue letting us know if you notice this bug and how it happened as it would greatly help us to track down those issues. Thank you all so much if you read this far! Now below we will leave the list for the changes for update 0.3.5a:
  • fixed a minor bug with hero levels getting reset when they equip and unequip weapons.
  • fixed a major bug with tier 5 weapons not appearing in the shop.
  • major nerfs to the earth elemental line as it proved to be far too strong in just about every situation. - removed the regeneration ability at all levels, changed fire and cold resistances to negative values at all levels. (the rock dude is now weak to fire same as most rock and mud type monsters are in wesnoth)
  • fixed a minor bug where the human backstab ability would get removed when equipping daggers when it was supposed to remain.
  • adjusted the cost of Heroic Potion from 40g to 50g for the first purchase and the price increases by 25g everytime the player buys another.
  • adjusted the cost of Haste Potion from 20g to 30g for the first purchase and the price increases by 15g everytime the player buys another.
  • adjusted the cost of Max Mana Potion from 15g to 25g for the first purchase and the price increases by 25g everytime the player buys another.
  • added new casting abilities:
    • brute magic tree:
      • exposing curse
    • decay magic tree:
      • temporal winds
  • adjusted casting abilities:
    • brute magic tree:
      • intimidation:
        • changed the debuff from a flat rate to a percentage rate (ie: level 1: changed from -1 damage to -10% damage).
        • changed mana costs from 8 to 7.
        • added 2 more levels of intimidation: totaling up to 5 levels of the spell.
      • cripple:
        • changed the mana costs from 10 to 6.
        • changed the max cooldown from 7 to 5.
    • runic magic tree:
      • runic forge:
        • added a percentage rate on top of the existing flat rate (ie: level 1: changed from +1 damage to +1 + 10% damage)
        • added 1 more level of runic forge: totaling up to 4 levels of the spell.
  • nerfed the ability despair's effect from being 15% to 10%
  • added the bloodlust ability to the orcs race tree
  • buffed vigor to give an additional +1 max hitpoints on upgrades 1-3 and +2 max hitpoints on upgrades 4-6.
Patch 0.3.5a:
  • quick bugfix
Patch 0.3.5b:
  • fixed some major bugs.
  • fixed some performance issues.
  • changed the weapon UI to allow more interactions in the future
    • added a salvage weapon function to the weapon UI
Thank you all so much for playing our addon! We have huge ideas for upcoming scenarios and game modes so stay tuned as we work on those!!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
HolyHipster

Post by HolyHipster »

Hi Lordawsomness,

We tried playing Arena Survival in multiplayer earlier and there was unfortunately a major bug in 03.5b:

Equip weapons do not work right. Bought weapons from store and once you use equip they just have 0x0 dmg. Same problem for several players, seems to happen everytime.

On a sidenote I would also like to kindly remind that I still have this bug described march 11th where I can only load and select Arena Survival Map.

Thanks for updating so frequently and working a lot!
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

HolyHipster wrote: March 13th, 2020, 10:54 pm Hi Lordawsomness,

We tried playing Arena Survival in multiplayer earlier and there was unfortunately a major bug in 03.5b:

Equip weapons do not work right. Bought weapons from store and once you use equip they just have 0x0 dmg. Same problem for several players, seems to happen everytime.

On a sidenote I would also like to kindly remind that I still have this bug described march 11th where I can only load and select Arena Survival Map.

Thanks for updating so frequently and working a lot!
Hmm that's so weird, it wasn't doing that bug earlier today when I first converted it to the new UI. I must have messed up some of the coding on the variables. So sorry about the other scenarios not working. So the issue is that they are all getting loaded by the preprocessor and since they all use my addon it loads my addon multiple times. since it loads it multiple times, and my addon is obscenely large, it overloads the system. So it ends up closing out the other two maps. Im not sure what im going to do to fix that cause it really sucks :/

I will try and have the fix for the weapons not having damage sometime in the next 24 hours, so I appreciate your guys patience while I try and fix this.

EDIT: I fixed the issue! 0.3.5c has been uploaded! Once again thank you so much for reporting that issue! especially since it is such a big one! I hope you will continue to report any issues you come across! I also hope that you guys are able to enjoy a full game and give me some feedback on what you think! Enjoy!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Hello all!
After studying quite a bit of information and performing several tests; I have merged my two addons back into one. LA_RPG_Maps is now just a part of LA_MP_Pack as it was the primary reason for almost all of the issues. The primary reason that I separated them in the first place was to allow for the Era to be updated separately from the maps, thus preventing players from having to update a bigger file every time as the LA_MP_Pack is closing in on 40MB while LA_RPG_Maps was holding at a simple 1.5MB. I wanted it to be easier for players to download the maps they wanted to play in the future than having to download all of the maps included in my addons. However when I did this, I didn't have any knowledge of how the pre-processor works and the heavy toll that separating the maps from the era would have on it. The issues that have been arising have come from the preprocessor becoming overloaded and aborting loading the maps fully. due to this, you all would see errors preventing your Wesnoth from loading my LA_RPG_Maps addon altogether after downloading it. Even further, even if it would manage to load it on the rare occasions that the preprocessor survived and allowed for the maps to get through, you couldn't play the maps included in the LA_RPG_Maps on any of the multiplayer servers as it would exceed the WML file size limit. The reason for this is because the preprocessor would load the era, then it would load the maps next. Upon starting to load the maps, the maps, who are dependent on so many macros and files in LA_MP_Pack would tell the preprocessor to load the Era again because it needed those files. It does this for every map that requires those files so essentially the files from the Era were being loaded 3 times (once by the era itself, once for the maze map, and once for the Evolve map). The era would not have to be reloaded for the survival map because I used some special coding that lets the preprocessor know that the files it needs are all in the addon. So since it knows that it already loaded that addon, it will not load it again. This all being said, the purpose of merging the addons is so that I can utilize this same code to prevent the preprocessor from loading the era more than once.
What does this mean?
Essentially by merging the addons, it will drastically reduce the amount of loading the preprocessor will have to do. This should in theory slightly reduce the loading time it takes to get from the main menu to the multiplayer severs or local multiplayer lobby. On top of this, you will only have to update one addon at a time rather than multiple. However this also means that you will be getting all of the scenarios and maps instead of just the ones you want to see and/or download. It also means every time I make an update to scenarios, you will have to download the big 30MB+ addon every time instead of just being able to download a 1.5MB+ file.
Altogether these changes are very good for the future of this project as now that the performance issues have been fixed, we can focus solely on the development of content (scenarios, balancing changes, more magic, more weapons, etc).
I have done some quick tests with all of the scenarios and everything looks like it's working properly!! But please post here and let me know if you come across any bugs! You guys have been doing a great job of bringing these issues to my attention and I greatly appreciate that!

Thank you guys so much for your patience throughout this process!

TLDR:
Version 0.4.0 has been released.
LA_RPG_Maps has been removed from the addons server (merged with LA_MP_Pack).
Major performance fixes.

Also we may post about upcoming scenarios and additions to the Era soon. So stay tuned for these exciting changes and additions!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

You could instead split images and music to separate addon.

--- /home/ravana/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.14/data/add-ons/LA_MP_Pack --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   25,1 MiB [##########] /images                                                                                                                                                                      
   13,4 MiB [#####     ] /music
    1,5 MiB [          ] /utils
  236,0 KiB [          ] /units
  156,0 KiB [          ] /maps
  112,0 KiB [          ] /sounds
   92,0 KiB [          ] /scenarios
   68,0 KiB [          ] /macros
   20,0 KiB [          ]  COPYING.txt
   16,0 KiB [          ]  TODO.rtf
    8,0 KiB [          ]  LA_RPG_Era.cfg
    8,0 KiB [          ] /lua
    8,0 KiB [          ] /dist
    4,0 KiB [          ]  changelog.txt
    4,0 KiB [          ]  _main.cfg
    4,0 KiB [          ]  _info.cfg
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Ravana wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:56 pm You could instead split images and music to separate addon.

--- /home/ravana/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.14/data/add-ons/LA_MP_Pack --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   25,1 MiB [##########] /images                                                                                                                                                                      
   13,4 MiB [#####     ] /music
    1,5 MiB [          ] /utils
  236,0 KiB [          ] /units
  156,0 KiB [          ] /maps
  112,0 KiB [          ] /sounds
   92,0 KiB [          ] /scenarios
   68,0 KiB [          ] /macros
   20,0 KiB [          ]  COPYING.txt
   16,0 KiB [          ]  TODO.rtf
    8,0 KiB [          ]  LA_RPG_Era.cfg
    8,0 KiB [          ] /lua
    8,0 KiB [          ] /dist
    4,0 KiB [          ]  changelog.txt
    4,0 KiB [          ]  _main.cfg
    4,0 KiB [          ]  _info.cfg
I like that idea. Ill start looking into it sometime soon!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
clmates

Post by clmates »

Hi

Nice add on, I like it.

Only Map available is the Maze? do you have more maps?

Cannot load saved game

Saved game crash when loaded.

Also I've got an artifact mage shoes, I paased to another hero and worked, then this hero passed to another one and not worked anymore and the give option was not enable on this new hero

Using latest version as of today

Best Regards
Best regards

clmates
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

clmates wrote: March 18th, 2020, 8:00 pm Hi

Nice add on, I like it.

Only Map available is the Maze? do you have more maps?

Cannot load saved game

Saved game crash when loaded.

Also I've got an artifact mage shoes, I paased to another hero and worked, then this hero passed to another one and not worked anymore and the give option was not enable on this new hero

Using latest version as of today

Best Regards
Hi! thank you for letting me know about the issues!
So in regards to the maps, there are actually 3 uploaded on the current version. 1 or 2 new maps are potentially getting released in the next day or two as we are currently still working on them.
Currently the saves cannot be loaded for online games as the savefiles are too big... it really sucks and I'm working on solutions to fix this the best I can. it may take a bit of time however due to the shear nature of how big this addon is and how much code ive put into it as id have to rewrite a bunch of code to fix all of that. However as I know it may be pointless to say this as the addon is made to be played online, you can still load the game locally as that does not have the loading restriction sizes that the multiplayer servers have.
Please go into more details regarding the mage shoes. there are two sets of them so could you be specific on which pair it is? One gives mana regen and max mana while the other pair increases defense on terrain. Which of those two was it? and what specifically went wrong? Also the give option does not appear if you have already attacked on a turn as to prevent players from weapon swapping. I had friends attempting to abuse that mechanic so I had to put a swift stop to it unfortunately lol.
Thank you for reporting this to me and I hope we can solve it for future releases! Im very glad you are enjoying it!

EDIT: Is there also a chance that the other hero already had a pair of the same shoes? Artifacts do not stack so having 2 of the same artifacts wont give you any of the bonus stats.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
clmates

Post by clmates »

HI

Regarding the shoes , there were the ones that give one extra movement point.

I tried to give before attacking, just move and give,

more or less here is the sequence

Player 1 (elf archer) got the movement shoes
then gave them to player 4 (human mage)
player 2 (troll fighter) got the mana shoes
player 4 (human mage) gave movement shoes to player 3 (dwarf fighter)
then player 3 t(dwarf fighter) ried to return the shoes to player 4 (human mage) but the give option did not appear

Regarding the size of the saved games, maybe if you split maps from era, etc you can get smaller load sizes

Also, which other maps are on the add on? how to identify them?

Many thanks
Best regards

clmates
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

clmates wrote: March 19th, 2020, 12:09 pm HI

Regarding the shoes , there were the ones that give one extra movement point.

I tried to give before attacking, just move and give,

more or less here is the sequence

Player 1 (elf archer) got the movement shoes
player 2 (troll fighter) got the mana shoes
player 4 (human mage) gave movement shoes to player 3 (dwarf fighter)
then player 3 t(dwarf fighter) ried to return the shoes to player 4 (human mage) but the give option did not appear

Regarding the size of the saved games, maybe if you split maps from era, etc you can get smaller load sizes

Also, which other maps are on the add on? how to identify them?

Many thanks
The shoes issue just sounds like you didn't have any attacks left for that turn. The only other possibility would be the code was randomly acting up.

The saved games unfortunately wouldn't work like that. Load sizes are not determined by the separation of the maps from the era. when save files are saved, they are all put into 1 big save file rather than saved as cache. All of the macros and events and options, messages, etc are completely the same. So even if wesnoth updates and things change, the save itself will still be the same because it has essentially saved every aspect of what it will utilize in that scenario including the era used. So unfortunately that wouldn't work.

I just updated the addon 2 days ago with changes to the titles of all of the correlating scenarios and maps. They are now identified as the following:
LA: Scenario_Name
Example: LA: 6p Arena Survival
LA: 6p Rumble
and etc.

I hope this helps! Also check out the rumble game mode with friends! It is our first step towards competitive PvP content and we had to change a TON of our original code just to allow players go vs each other. We will be releasing a lot of maps soon including a tradesman map that has a dynamic and fluctuating market system based off of supply and demand! As well as some other variations of Rumble such as King of the Hill, possibly capture the flag, story based RPG Maps, and hopefully our own version of Creep Wars!
Good luck! And thank you so much for playing our addon!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Version 0.4.7 has been released!

Hello all I hope this post finds you doing well. We have been hard at work on these last few updates trying to bring a better balance to the game as well as bring in new playstyles! This will not be an in-depth set of update notes, please refer to the add-ons server for the time being for that. I will lightly gloss over the things we have been working on for the last few days though as we are very excited to present it all to you!

Released with update 0.4.5 is the introduction to 2 new maps: 3v3 Creep Wars and 2v2v2 Creep Wars! We are really big fans of creep wars, and naturally since we released the first PvP map (after making a lot of changes to our older code) we were excited to shift our primary focus to PvP content for the time being. We have several other maps and game modes in mind that we want to create, however it may take a little while as we work on the concept to one of our bigger scenarios that we hope to bring to you all sometime soon.
As of Update 0.4.6a we released the dry 3v3 Creep Wars map. This map plays more favorable for drakes and such. On top of this, with the brand new release of version 0.4.7a, we released new recruit lists for the bosses tat you can set before the game!

Speaking of 0.4.7a we also separated the resources from the code of the addon! So now when we do little bugfixes you will no longer have to download the 50+ MB instead just have to download the 500 KB!

For balancing, we have made a large number of changes to elementals as well as the pricing of multiple things in the shops now increasing after purchasing as to prevent item/potion abusing. Some of the more notable changes are changing the fire elemental from having magical on its melee attack to instead changing it to Ablaze which is just a fancy way of putting Charge on it. It doesn't get this special until the level 2 version, however it packs quite a punch! We had been discussing it for a while when we decided that we wanted to adopt a more aggressive do-or-die playstyle for the fire elemental line as it was ultimately surpassing the value of the other elementals by quite a large margin. We also buffed the water elemental by giving it more base HP at levels 2 and 3 as well as giving it a bit of a damage tune-up as well as making its water spray gain the magical special. Also for more kill heavy maps (where you practically farm minions/creeps) such as the survival map and the newly released Creep Wars, we created a heavier powerspike for the elementals if they can reach their level 2 and level 3 forms. Far higher HP, damage, but also more req XP.

Other balancing changes that we sought to make were changes to magical costs. We have noticed that a lot of people have been enjoying the magic system we coded in, however there were some people who were dismayed by the high costs and high cooldowns of casting abilities. After looking over the numbers we have adjusted the cooldowns as well as the costs to be more cost efficient to spend your hero points on! Next we adjusted casting attacks power by making it weaker in the early game, however it can now be upgraded! Each magic classes casting attacks have scaling upgrades that bring magic attack casting into relevancy even into the late game! The upgrades are even strong enough that players can play full on as casting mages in the late game with the right upgrades! We will be looking into the hit chances and numbers on these closely in the future, so please give us feedback!

Finally we will be shipping out even more variations of rumble maps as well as possibly survivals and more creep wars! We want to bring you guys as much repayable content as possibly before we shift our focus to our next ambitious maps and ultimately RPG scenarios. We look forward to playing these maps and future ones with you guys! Enjoy!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA