Visual Map-Pack

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Horus2

Re: Visual Map-Pack

Post by Horus2 »

The compliments still did not reach the default settings page 2? I feel ashamed on behalf of the community. :oops: :mrgreen:

While it is not mainline wesnoth map and not very likely to be that in the near future, i feel obliged to tell that the whole premise of Quetzalcoatl's 2p_Astral_Port was playing on an island floating in space. With ships sailing among the stars, none less. You can find it in Sandbox Map Picker or in his mappack.

To be honest, you should not stop here. Your idea can have a lot more potential use as cliff walls either on the edge or the middle of the map, woven into the regular terrain hexes. People have been craving for height differences since a long time, even if only for decoration, and you can make this a reality.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

I for one am definitely in favor of your Isar's Cross modification going into the core distribution. It's beautiful and I don't see any reason why not.

(Certainly, other less widely-
played maps such as Aethermaw could be considered as well.)
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, people ;)
Horus2 wrote:While it is not mainline wesnoth map and not very likely to be that in the near future, i feel obliged to tell that the whole premise of Quetzalcoatl's 2p_Astral_Port was playing on an island floating in space. With ships sailing among the stars, none less. You can find it in Sandbox Map Picker or in his mappack.
Thanks for the info. I have just downloaded the mappack and played the map you mentioned. There is room for scenery improvements so I might give it a try in the near future :)
Horus2 wrote:To be honest, you should not stop here.
I have plans for the Colosseum scenario (imagine a real arena full of people cheering their heroes - it is possible to make such a thing in BfW). For those interested in my concept of that scenario, here is wip-snapshot:
Spoiler:
Sapient wrote:I for one am definitely in favor of your Isar's Cross modification going into the core distribution. It's beautiful and I don't see any reason why not.
If devs want it to be a part of mainline, then I won't resist :lol: But I still believe the scenery could have more details. I spent only 1-1,5h painting this, so one cannot expect amazing quality out of it (especially suited for mainline) in such a short time. I am going to improve that floating island even further in my spare time. Other artists are also welcome to help.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Post by WTrawi »

Wow, they all look astonishing, I'd really like to try out them one day (at the moment I'm unable to :()
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Great work i would love to see the Colosseum when it is finished! :D
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

Certainly, this deserves to get to mainline even now :)

Wesnoth 1.13 has been changing its look much. I think that adding backgrounds to maps might be the next good step.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Post by WTrawi »

One small suggestion about Aethermaw: the middle island is too flat and too huge to have such a peak like that visible in my opinion (if you don't understand take a look at the picture). Of course who am I to judge your work :whistle:
Attachments
circled stuff.png
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

WTrawi wrote:One small suggestion about Aethermaw: the middle island is too flat and too huge to have such a peak like that visible in my opinion
Thanks for reporting. This will be fixed next time ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

enclave

Post by enclave »

WOW... indeed. Thats so cool.
I believe 1.13 will automatically download all content so people without add-on will be able to see all the beautiful images too. Maybe I'm wrong maybe not.. so some day it will be very very very useful and popular! Thanks!!!! I think its one of the greatest few things I have seen as a tool for developers of eras etc.. !!!!
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The Visual Map-Pack has been uploaded to the 1.14 add-ons server :)
Creator of Era of Magic

The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

inferno8 wrote: May 6th, 2018, 8:14 am The Visual Map-Pack has been uploaded to the 1.14 add-ons server :)
8)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This mod is so awesome! I will definitely download it for 1.14!
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I thought I'd return from the dead just to say:

This is amazing and I'd love to see it mainlined.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

I agree, this is really cool. Nice work!
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
The_Gnat

Re: Visual Map-Pack - MAINLINE please!

Post by The_Gnat »

jb wrote: June 6th, 2018, 11:30 pm I agree, this is really cool. Nice work!
Sapient wrote: March 13th, 2017, 12:31 pm I for one am definitely in favor of your Isar's Cross modification going into the core distribution. It's beautiful and I don't see any reason why not.
Doc Paterson wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 5:31 am This is amazing and I'd love to see it mainlined.
Scaramush wrote: February 22nd, 2017, 8:29 pm woaa, thats just amazing
enclave wrote: May 12th, 2017, 1:29 pm WOW... indeed. Thats so cool.
ForPeace wrote: March 17th, 2017, 8:10 am Certainly, this deserves to get to mainline even now :)

Wesnoth 1.13 has been changing its look much. I think that adding backgrounds to maps might be the next good step.
+1 8)
Thinker

Visual Map Pack

Post by Thinker »

just wanted to let you know ... Isar's in the Sky map is not loading correctly (ADDON: Visual Map Pack) some error hits users that join but not the host.... something about title name xXxyYy some [censored] like that

anyway

take care