XP Bank (MP/SP modification for 1.12-1.18)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: XP Bank (MP modification for 1.12/1.13)

Post by ForestDragon »

another patch! 1.2.2 id out:
in mp campaigns, the exp will no longer reset at the start of a non-first scenario
Last edited by ForestDragon on November 25th, 2017, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ForestDragon

Re: XP Bank (MP/SP modification for 1.12)

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, so, with The_Gnat's help, i made a singleplayer port of this mod. it is in the addon category called 'Other'

note: the singleplayer version doesn't have the xp sharing option. but to be honest, most of the allies you ever see in campaigns are controlled by AI anyway.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Good, it is nice to have this in campaigns, it makes it a lot easier to advance units. :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i was just wondering if you have done something to allow XP to carry over to the next scenario in your singleplayer version? :D EDIT: Yep you have !!! :D

EDIT: also could you make it so that you can start with up to 100 xp in your bank. I figure that if people want to start with more, let them :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi Forest dragon, in an effort to set a new record for posts in a row :whistle: i am wondering would you like me to try to convert the mod to 1.13? If i do unfortunately i can not give any guarantees of timing or success ;)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi guys! so, i updated XP Bank/it's SP variant. this time with another large feature: advancement filtering! it's a togglable option in 'XP Bank' menu. If this option is enabled, then if a unit levels up normally (without using the 'Withdraw' option) then the player whose unit it is gets option whether to let the unit level up, or deposit all it's exp. this can help prevent exp accidentally being wasted on something unwanted, and prevent the need to constantly deposit from all units. NOTE: you will still see the advancement choosing option before this option appears, but it only matters if you decide not to deposit exp from the unit. this will give players even more control over their units' exp
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I like that idea (also recently I haven't had any time to work on the 1.13 xp bank... but I haven't given up yet :) )
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi everyone! another small update:
made the advancement filter toggling option only affect the side of the player toggling it, and not everyone
ForestDragon

Re: XP Bank (MP/SP modification for 1.12/1.13)

Post by ForestDragon »

update:
-ported to 1.13 (keep in mind that XP Bank SP doesn't appear in the singleplayer modifications menu, and still can only be toggled by installing/uninstalling, since I don't yet know how to make sp mods)
-the xp bank menu now won't show up on a unit if there are at least 2 enemy units next to him/her. This way the ability should be a bit less abusable. (this applies both for the 1.13 version, and the 1.12 version)

EDIT: the mod currently has a huge bug in 1.13. I'll soon release an update to fix it and0 merge XP Bank/XP Bank SP into a single mp/sp mod
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

In 1.13 you actually do not have to "create" an SP modification. Any modifications which are not specifically MP only will automatically be available for SP.

So just create a modification:

Code: Select all

[modification]
    id=XP_Bank_Mod
    name="XP Bank Mod"
    description=""
    require_modification=yes

[options]
        [slider]
            id=XP_bank_start
            default=0
            min=0
            max=96
            step=8
            name="XP bank head-start"
            description="you get some exp in your bank at the beginning."
        [/slider]
    [/options]

{XP_BANK_SP}
		{XP_BANK_EVENTS_LOAD}
[/modification]
And that should appear at the bottom of the campaigns list so that you can check or uncheck it :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

The_Gnat wrote:In 1.13 you actually do not have to "create" an SP modification. Any modifications which are not specifically MP only will automatically be available for SP.

So just create a modification:
I already done that, but thanks anyway. btw, announcement: I'll temporarily delete the add-on from the 1.13 add-on server, until I fix a bug that prevents the mod from properly working.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

uploaded version 1.4.0 on the add-on server:
fixed a huge bug in the 1.13 version of the addon, merged the MP/SP version of the mod for 1.13
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Uploaded the addon to 1.14. Sorry for taking so long.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Your add-on's "Deposit from this unit" option in the pop-up menu doesn't work at all.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: October 28th, 2018, 4:30 pm Your add-on's "Deposit from this unit" option in the pop-up menu doesn't work at all.
Really? does this occur on the 1.12 or 1.14 version of the add-on?