Conquest, Conquest+, Conquest+ Space Updates

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Conquest, Conquest+, Conquest+ Space Updates

Post by Ravana »

Why you specify dependency version there?
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Conquest+ Space update 3.11.1 - fixed issue with elite pioneer sniper and eldor sniper not showing sniper shot options, reduced cost of power shot for ranged weapons like bolter and laser from 3 to 2, so now -
normal shot is 1gp, power shot is 2, sniper shot is 3
...previously long range sniper shot was same cost as power shot (3) which meant the same cost for better shot. I will have a think about changing all shots (apart from missiles) to 1gp, then add more requirements to the shot e.g. currently sniper can only access sniper shot, in future power shot may be restricted to higher tier units, but be cheaper i.e. all shots/lasers 1gp.
Have also reduced length of menu descriptions for ranged weapons.
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

@Ravana -
the dependency version is in [multiplayer] e.g.

Code: Select all

require_scenario="yes"
addon_min_version="3.11.1"
Then the user joining a MP game who doesn't have pack is prompted to install, I got a bit confused earlier with dependency declared in pbl which is for DL dependent addons in the addon server list, however the above I am using prompts joiners in MP lobby ensuring they DL the addon, otherwise many images will be blank hexes, as this addon now uses a lot of custom images.

It's confirmed on github that DATAURI will be improved so hoping to go back to no DL requirement using DATAURI on special images for 115.
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Yes, but why you specify version there?
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Cos if a user has older version, and I don't specify it, it will default to any version matching the scenario name presumably, but if u specify version no. this will DL even if pack is installed, ensuring latest version specified?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It defaults to current version of addon.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

ah that should save me some typing! thanks!
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

General conquest updates:

All conquest addons now force re-draw/fog clear of map for side when recruiting, including boats/transports, so fog is cleared when u recruit on sea for example.
Refresh also forced when unoading unit from any transport/boat/wagon/tank etc.
Transport altered so there is now 1 mechanised unit capable of transport in each space faction eg Mech Ranger for Imperium. Missiles (previously missing) fixed for Mech Ranger.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Slight update to all conquest addons, ships, wagons, starships can board units with 0 mv, this may have been an oversight from when I rebuilt the wml for conquest, hopefully this will improve gameplay slightly, any comments let me know.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Ok this last update allowing boarding of units multiple times potentially really changes the gameplay allowing boats to repeatedly unload/move/unload I am just updating to reverse this across all conq mods.
Nagasushi

Post by Nagasushi »

Perhaps you can let loading use 1mp and unloading all mp the passenger has? This allows a newly recruited unit to board a ship and prevent loading/unloading the same unit multiple times in a turn.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Hm thx will have a play but changing it felt a bit alien to conquest gameplay but will have another look at it... Want to proritise conq original - better spawn distance wml and correct factions spawned on vilas vs generic militia, also removal of fog clear units in original gameplay which is unecessary in that version.
Nagasushi

Post by Nagasushi »

I think NotTalking has done spawn distance wml already.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Yep but not v stable way to do it my method has been around years and v stable ie all sides get spawns in cap on different maps inc wierd topography like Europe.. I will try to see if I can add this but keep v short wml using scatter approach and keep it v fast/not hanging...
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Fixed teleport bug in Conquest+ Space and Conquest+ (shop upgrade.Magus ability).