Slight tweak proposal to Platypus' Colosseum

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

StDrake

Slight tweak proposal to Platypus' Colosseum

Post by StDrake »

i wonder if this is the right subsection to post this..after a few good matches on the map ive come across a few problems - not exactly with the map, rather with what happens to people playing it most of the time, and the map doesnt consider it
The problem is - of course you can start with less than 6 gladiators, but rarely anyone does, and then theres a problem with quitters or..lets call them unexpierienced players who die easily or make silly mistakes that make the game harder for others
Doing anything about monsters might be hard to implement or pointless, but gold to get more enhancements should help, the problem is - the more people die the slower the kills go, and the faster the gold goes out.

so my proposals:
+record when a gladiator dies - do not subtract reward gold when his turn comes (as it happens now, player has no units but turns still come and take gold), possible easier solution might be making a counter of dead gladiators and re-adding the gold for the missing on ai turns

+when two players go down (i assume 6 players at start otherwise this might need rethinking) add an increment to the reward each turn (so on noob/amateur with 4 players left alive out of 6 reward would decrease effectively 3 times in a turn - once for each player minus 2 for the dead minus another one for 2 dead)

+when 4 players go down reduce reward only every second turn instead of the previous bonus

+add 5 to minimum reward for every player death

note that i didnt consider a non-full start for the second tweak so any reasonable discussion is welcome

edit: after a trial game decided to throw back into the reward half of the gold lost during dead players turns instead of getting to keep it all and lowered the minimum reward bonus to +3 per player death. Reason - tweak made game too easy (well of course it was amateur difficulty, and still only one player survived it all)
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here