3P Campaign: The Haunted Woods v1.7.0 [Complete]

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Groznij

Re: (1.6, 1.8) 3P Campaign: The Haunted Woods v1.6.17 [Compl

Post by Groznij »

Hello again!

I am playing through this campaign for the second time, with another friend this time. Meaning two people, again, except this time on the hardest setting!

He plays the dwarves and I the humans. Aka no Fioril & co.

The transition between the levels Knalgan council and Leaving knalga appears to be broken! Nothing happens when he steps on (and ends turn on) the sign at the end on knalgan council, and when the time runs out we transition to the next scenario, but the human faction is nowhere to be seen!

I have attached the savegame for you to look at if you can.

In any case, thanks for a great campaign which I have enjoyed getting further in this time! ;)

edit: using latest version from the add-on server with 1.8.5
Attachments
Knalgan_Council-Auto-Save9.gz
(106.48 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
Leaving_Knalga.gz
(47.3 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
MrEPIC

Re: (1.6, 1.8) 3P Campaign: The Haunted Woods v1.6.18 [Compl

Post by MrEPIC »

Thanks for telling me about this, I have now fixed the issue in 1.6.18.
Please download that and then reload your final Knalgan Council save and allow it to take you to the next scenario. You should have the third leader. Good luck!
3 player co-op campaign: The Haunted Woods (v1.6.19)
1v1 campaign: Tug of War (v0.4.0)
Groznij

Post by Groznij »

No problemo! Thanks for a quick fix!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

can l rep[ort some bugs here? l was just warned by some so alleged "developers" about my wrongly submitting messagaes
MrEPIC

Post by MrEPIC »

Hello, AxalaraFlame. The issue you are experiencing (judging from your other thread) seems like a problem with reloading the campaign. In a local game, you must reload the game from the "Multiplayer" menu. Online, you and other players should be careful of who is the host. Also, avoid start-of-scenario saves and end-of-scenario saves. Instead, save from the first turn of the new scenario or from the last turn of the previous one. I cannot go into much detail without further information, but I recommend that you take a look at this thread for advice: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34363
If that does not help, please post the affected save file and the steps you took to create the problem. Please include the version of Wesnoth you are playing and other specifics such as whether it is a network or local game. Though I have not recently played Wesnoth, and it has been even longer since I have coded anything, I will do my best to help you.
Cheers!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

thank you, l will try once more during thid weekend. and futhermore, this campaign is awesome! lt is very difficult if you have not played it before.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

ok, l tried as you suggested. lt works, but...why? why must l load it at multi player? ls there any principles can explain this? l dont know that far, after all l am only a player now.

Another two problems:
1.in the scenerio2, they entered the forest. The trapper promised to give me 125 piece of gold and the narrator says he gave that to me. Actually he didnt. l tried to fix it and l failed. The source code looks just fine.
2.The champion level is awful. Though l tried hard to get three scenerios passed, the fourth scenerio, the Grey River, is TOO dificult to conquer. After all 454 gold vs 2000 gold is not practical, even the enemies are dolts.
UnLimiTeD

Post by UnLimiTeD »

Great campaign.
My first I downloaded, and I'm now playing with some friends; Currently a bit stuck in the fourth mission.
Though I made my account here to ask you a question about upgrades, if you're not bothered.
Will they stack, bar the obvious numbers?
If I buy "steadfast" on the dwarf, which it obviously already gets as part of being a "Dwarven stalwart", will it work twice?
If yes, additively, or multiplicatively?

Edit: Just noticed only the base unit already has it, the hero does not.
Last edited by UnLimiTeD on January 31st, 2012, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

He!but that 125 piece of gold! this problem is still not solved yet!
AxalaraFlame

Re: 3P Campaign: The Haunted Woods v1.6.18 [Complete]

Post by AxalaraFlame »

bugs again...in 1.10 version wher l downloaded the new haunted woods, all player can't even advance to second scenerio. what's more, there were many bugs l am gonna tell about the 1.8.6 one, but not important now
Creativity

Post by Creativity »

May I re-use your shop code and gift code in my MP campaign? I will include your name in the credits and such.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I'm currently playing this, and have a few things I'd like to mention.

First of all, it's fun so far. (even though we're not that far...) Secondly, the storyline doesn't really seem right. What I mean by this is Fioril is very negative, and says no to helping the first two people/creatures that ask, where the other two leaders say yes. Now, this wouldn't be a problem, except they both say they'll follow Fioril. This makes no sense. If one person denied you aid in times of trouble, but two others said yes, who would you be pledging your service to? Thirdly, the shops are impossible to get to. If that's just for added challenge fine, but you might want to consider changing it. Other than that it's been pretty good.

(Also, I think the turn limit on the second fighting scenario is too low)
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
mikeanthony

Re: 3P Campaign: The Haunted Woods v1.7.0 [Complete]

Post by mikeanthony »

apologies for posting on a dead thread / if this isn't the right place to post -

Just wanting to play this with some friends and it doesn't appear on the 1.14 server, only the 1.12
fine, we can roll back for now to an older version to play

but this is a great campaign, seems a shame it's not in 1.14

is there a list of who is maintaining which campaigns? wondering if this little gem has been abandoned?
WardenTeacher

Post by WardenTeacher »

... And having just played with Mike above... a MASSIVE thank-you at this testing time. We have often met up to play board games or link computers whilst being present RL. This was a first distance game with Skype conversation. ALMOST as good as being there. :-)
MrEPIC

Post by MrEPIC »

Wow, this is nostalgic! Mike, Warden, I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the campaign. Unfortunately I haven't been active in Wesnoth for many years now, time really flies.

The campaign source is public on github here: https://github.com/pelmers/wesnoth-thw. The readme does mention it worked on Wesnoth 1.13, so it's probably pretty close to running on 1.14 too. To be clear I probably won't update it any time soon unless I feel a longing for the glory days (middle school) and install Wesnoth again, but maintainers/contributors would be welcome.