Modern Combat: 1.0.1 Released!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IgnisSolus

Re: Modern Combat: Beta0.9.685 Released!

Post by IgnisSolus »

Very fun, but what are immigrants useful for? ANd how do I even get anything else other than ballistic missiles?
What's up with not being able to get an avatar?
PsychoticKittens

Re: Modern Combat: Beta0.9.685 Released!

Post by PsychoticKittens »

It's sure been awhile, hasn't it. I don't even know if I remember how to do all this stuff.

From what I recall, which is from 2 years ago:
Immigrants can be recruited in larger amounts than any other unit, for cheap. they are cheap fodder that can give you an overwhelming early advantage by taking villages something something something.

I'll see if I can get with A_Guy and get back on the chop-block.

Edit: we've gotten back up and running, and are chopping away at bugs and all. Next update will be 0.9.9 , the previous versions were taken off the add-on list until we can get it finished.

Edit2 7/8/2013: As far as we can tell, we need another day or two before 0.9.9 will be ready, we found more new bugs than we fixed today, but we're still pretty close.
Edit3 7/9/2013: Yeah, we should be done today, two minor things to edit in and then we'll upload.
Edit4 7/9/2013: One more featurebugthing to go. I'd guess afew hours tops.
Creator of: Mercenaries Era; Modern Combat
Future Projects: Faunima: Land of Monsters
Temporarily Dropped Projects: Zombie Horde
PsychoticKittens

Re: Modern Combat: Beta0.9.9 Released!

0.9.9 has been uploaded to the add-on server in 1.10.x

We've fixed every bug we knew about, and have all features currently planned implemented.
The only reason this isn't 1.0 is because we want to make sure that we find any bugs that we couldn't find by ourselves, and perhaps test balance/add maps.

Cheers. I'm gonna party in a game lobby until people join and play it with me.

Edit: Discovered a problem with Alliances, and a minor problem with Airdrop ability for paratroopers - will be fixed next update.
A Guy

Re: Modern Combat: Beta0.9.9 Released!

Post by A Guy »

0.9.95 is out. Here are the changes since the last version.
  • Diplomacy
    • Fixed a bug where alliances couldn't be made
  • Leaders
    • Added confirmation to all leader powers
    • Fixed a bug where the confirmation for super leader powers wouldn't stop showing up when you were above 50 leader points
    • Marshall
      • Fixed a bug where Carpet Bomb would cause leader power gains to get out of control
    • Privateer
      • Fixed a bug where the privateer wasn't paying more for aircraft
  • Maps
    • Added two new maps - a 1v1v1 and a 1v1 or a 4-player FFA
  • Research
    • Cluster Bombs
      • Cost reduced to 20 from 40
    • ICBM Construction
      • Cost reduced to 75 from 150
    • Torpedoes
      • Cost reduced to 40 from 60
  • Units
    • Fixed a bug where any suicide attack instantly killed anything
    • Fixed several bugs with Collateral
    • Anti-Armor
      • Hitpoints increased to 32-45-58 from 22-30-42
        Rocket attack now has +20% chance to hit and +25% damage to vehicles, while attacking
    • Fighter
      • Bunker Buster changed - now have a 70% chance to hit infantry on towns/cities/bases and do triple damage to them, but base damage lowered to that of a regular bomb
    • Paratrooper
      • Fixed a bug where the airdrop ability wasn't working
    • Satellite-Guided Bomb
      • Cost decreased to 70 from 80
    • Spy
      • Now has the skirmisher ability
    • Suicide Bomber
      • Cost for base unit increased to 10 from 6 (terrorists pay 8 from 5)
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
PsychoticKittens

Re: Modern Combat: 1.0 Released!

Modern Combat 1.0 has been released to the add-on server. It's been a long time, but it's finally what we would call "complete."
Any future updates of Modern Combat will be for bugfixes, balance changes, or the addition of new features.

A_Guy will probably comment with a change-log soon.
Aside from that, we'll see you on the battlefield!

Edit: Just realized all the names on the Era and Add-on server were 0.1.0... Feel pretty silly.
A Guy

Re: Modern Combat: 1.0 Released!

Post by A Guy »

Hey, guys. We're aware of the Intervene ability causing out-of-sync errors. We're working on it, and I'll have the changelog up once we get the newest update out.
I'm just... a guy...
Limabean

Re: Modern Combat: 1.0.1 Released!

Post by Limabean »

Just letting you know that the Supersoldier's RR attack isn't actually RR. There is no right click option, even when they are at full movement.
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Okay, thanks. It should be fixed next version.
I'm just... a guy...
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i tried to play this sceario but i couldnt find any "Barracks" to select in the first turn, i tried the "europa" map.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

gfgtdf wrote:i tried to play this sceario but i couldnt find any "Barracks" to select in the first turn, i tried the "europa" map.
So the tents weren't doing it for you?
I'm just... a guy...
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

A Guy wrote:
gfgtdf wrote:i tried to play this sceario but i couldnt find any "Barracks" to select in the first turn, i tried the "europa" map.
So the tents weren't doing it for you?
no, i played on the word map and had no problems, from what i see in the code only tents with dirst below are allowed to be barracks.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
PsychoticKittens

Sorry about that, still haven't been able to get the custom terrains to work in the map editor, so I had to edit the maps by hand.
It should be patched up in the next update.
howwitty

Post by howwitty »

Bumping this thread because I am a fan of the diversity of this add-on which is currently unlisted in the add-ons (1.12). Would anyone like to adjourn to 1.10.7 for a game sometime this week?
I'm tired.
howwitty

Post by howwitty »

Some of this post will be a repeat of what's been said already (even on this page). Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get a game going. My opponent noted that the Populist is very powerful (perhaps unduly so) in a two player scenario due to the unmatched scale of recruitment. While posing no immediate military advantage, a Populist can quickly spread over a vast region by cheaply recruiting immigrants. In the case of 1v1 it is unmatched.

I also wanted to point out that, given this result of a quick Google search, it seems improbable that any artillery (even a howitzer) could reach from Havana to the Modern Combat Pacific Map version of the US East coast.

- Super Soldiers are named "super soldiers" and have no unit description. The ranged attack is not working at this time. Please also clarify the area of effect. In this case a radius of three hexes was expected to produce 36 soldiers, although it would appear only 18 super soldiers were in fact produced. Also, a Veteran Submarine can deal full damage of type antinaval to a super soldier.
- Aircraft carriers cannot carry aircraft unless SAM's have been researched previous to recruitment. I'm not aware of any unit type that can carry a simultaneous "update," not including leader powers (e.g. Aggressive Population, Genetic Modification).
- Ranged missile attacks from boats or SAMs often do more damage than they should vs units with resistance to missile type damage. One instance of this is the transport ship. The damage resistance is reflected in attacks that do not use real range.
- Anti-Air missiles are not removed until the end of the turn on which they were launched.

Well I might have missed one I noticed last summer. I'll review the thread and add more if possible in an edit. By the way, I typed this all on my iPod and I was wondering, has anyone had any success using this add on via the mobile app? I think that it still exclusively runs on some version of 1.10.
I'm tired.