Modern Combat: 1.0.1 Released!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Coaxke

Re: Modern Combat

Post by Coaxke »

My mistake. That was a hasty accusation :lol2:

If you want world domination, risk-style, then you should just take out alliances altogether.

How is the coding on silos coming? Haven't heard anything in awhile...
Please click here to apply for a Computer-Aided Enrichment Center program. Message me if you need help following the simple, on-screen instructions.

Projects I'm currently working on:
  • Warlords
  • WesCiv (delayed)
  • WesCol (delayed)
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

There's a tedious bunch of code that has to be made, but no problems so far.

We want to start alpha testing already, but PsychoticKittens is getting some errors on his end.

Edit: I might code some AI compatibility, but the AI will still be a pile of crap, and they won't know how to cross the edge of the map.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Coaxke

Post by Coaxke »

So what still has to be done? Are you saying silos are finished since you want to start testing?

AI compatibility probably isn't worth it, A Guy.
Please click here to apply for a Computer-Aided Enrichment Center program. Message me if you need help following the simple, on-screen instructions.

Projects I'm currently working on:
  • Warlords
  • WesCiv (delayed)
  • WesCol (delayed)
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

No, they're not finished, but the main thing is repeating macros over and over and adjusting them about 100 or so times.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
PsychoticKittens

Post by PsychoticKittens »

Yep, oddly enough I'm getting bugs after he sent me the code for the map. I'll try to pin-point it tomorrow.
Creator of: Mercenaries Era; Modern Combat
Future Projects: Faunima: Land of Monsters
Temporarily Dropped Projects: Zombie Horde
mukablo

Post by mukablo »

Hello, I know that coding AI would be a huge pain in the butt and agree that it may even be impossible to get a smart AI. As an alternative to coding Ai for the Modern Combat - is it at all possible to get a Modern Combat era (this would be seperate from what you guys are working on but would use a lot of the units in it)? I have played the Gunpowder age a lot lately and have tweaked it myself and this has resulted in some great fun with my dad playing coop against the computer on a good map. Everyone has to use the same single faction in the Gunpowder age (Ai and humans)soo . . i was hoping that those who are working on Modern Combat would be gracious enough to release a single faction with ground, air, and ships included. I would absolutely love this and i know others would too. This also allows us to play with Wesnoth's default random map generator, user made maps, and somewhat coharent AI. Thanks a lot . . . . from a fellow Wesnoth gamer.
PsychoticKittens

There is one. But its not balanced at all, and alot of the important aspects aren't involved in it (like real ranged relies on the map.)
mukablo

Post by mukablo »

How can we get a copy to download and start balancing the units?
PsychoticKittens

I have someone who does balance-y stuff for me. But he can't start working until we're done.
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

Once I get the "ok" and all the info, I should be fairly quick with the balancing work. I have preliminary ideas in my head from what I've already seen.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
PsychoticKittens

Well I finally got it "working" by removing Research completely, theres something wrong with it on my end. And I'm finding quite afew problems that'll have to be fixed before a beta release.

List of stuff to be in Beta1, when all of this is in "working" we'll give a quick alpha-test again, and then upload to the addon server. I'll edit this list as things go along. Things may be added, and possibly removed.

Working:::
Start Sequence
Recruiting
Surrender
City Upgrade (income)
Labels
Research
Base Income
Wrap Around
Tribute
City Upgrade (recruiting)
Alliance
Transports

Broken:::
Nothing

Incomplete:::
Silos
Last edited by PsychoticKittens on August 3rd, 2009, 9:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

i'm wondering why silos are taking so long: shouldn't the code be very similar to the recruiting code, with just different recruitable units and a trigger sequence that lets you only recruit the missles that you can recruit with the amount of research available? Or do i have it completely wrong?
PsychoticKittens

No, because they're not launched right away when you recruit them.

1) Some missiles take more than 1 turn to build. You can only build 1 Missile at a time in each silo.
2) when missiles are built they are stored in silo slots, meaning you can have 10 SAMs, 5 Ballistic, 3 ICBM, and 1 Nuke in each silo.
3) Missiles can be launched as many as are stored. As long as the silo is not covered up.
4) When silos are taken, missiles in them are taken also.

I dunno what A_Guy is up to, he hasn't responded or talked to me in awhile, but currently he is on the Storage part I believe, abunch of copy-paste-replace work that he hasn't sent me so I can complete quickly. Once thats done yes, the launching part is pretty much recruiting, the rest is more like storage/stuff we haven't done with anything else. The stuff thats unique to silos is done, the storage type stuff is what he's doing right now.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

oh. my bad.
PsychoticKittens

Re: Modern Combat: Alpha1 Released!

0.7.0 Alpha1 Has Been Released.

As of yet Transport and Silo are not working. They will work when it updates to beta1