2 Player Clash (v1.1)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Des

Re: 2 Player Clash (v1.1)

Post by Des »

I've been playing around with a lot of ideas for this map to address the balancing issues. Here's what is most likely to happen:

The castles will be farther apart, eliminating any early village grabs player 1 can take advantage of.

Some castle tiles will be placed near the middle of the map for each side, to provide a place to setup an with somewhere to fall back to (similar to the castle tiles added to "The Freelands").

There will be slightly less villages, making each one more important and more spread out. I think either 16 or 18 (8/9 per side) is reasonable.

Starting gold will still be 200, because I feel that will distinguish this map from the rest by providing a bigger theater of war that 1v1's are currently lacking.

There's no way I can impliment these changes and keep a Clash-like feel to the map.

Therefore, I will make a new name for it and post the link to the new version here as soon as it's done.
Redrock Gulch (Winter 2009 Map Contest Submission)

To rely on rustics and not prepare is the greatest of crimes; to be prepared beforehand for any contingency is the greatest of Virtues. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Des

Re: 2 Player Clash (v1.1)

Post by Des »

This map has finally been fully revised and submitted into the Winter 2009 Map Contest:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27960

Thanks to those that provided suggestions/testing.
Redrock Gulch (Winter 2009 Map Contest Submission)

To rely on rustics and not prepare is the greatest of crimes; to be prepared beforehand for any contingency is the greatest of Virtues. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War