The Archive of HODOR

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Horus2

Re: The Archive of HODOR

Post by Horus2 »

I'll be honest; some of you might find these replays below revolting, but they have been made for a good cause; to remember us for a sad and unfortunate upcoming event - namely the nerfing of the foodpad - when we have to leave the holy 1.8 branch. With this change implemented one of the outlaws will be crippled to the level when reaching victory by walking on this path seems impossible. Hence it is heartwarming to see races from all over the world of Wesnoth unite under the spirit of HODOR to protest against the injustice, to prevent the abolition of a viable strategy which binds the top tier players with noobs, those who like to experiment with the bored veterans, which binds all of us, the players of this game together to have fun for a greater good! The ideology of HODOR should live on forever whatever will happen to us or to Wesnoth!

Rise against balance tweaks ruining the fun! Long live HODOR!!!
REPLAYS:
Mint

Post by Mint »

Casual HODOR rush of loyalists in #$%! hamlets, and I almost lose faith when my units were dying left right and centre. But
I kept it up and soon the tables turned and HODOR triumphs again :P
Attachments
2p_-_Hamlets_replay.gz
Good ol' HODOR
(19.75 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Doc Paterson wrote:King Hodor Thunderdome Hodorism (only outlaws, Yeti added to recruit list, but may only be recruited after enemy leader is surrounded by Hodorians and all other enemy units have been killed)
How exactly is the Yeti added to the recruit list?
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

I've been looking at recruiting for the AI and I ran into this game while testing. It's almost entirely HODOR (a dwarf sneaks in at the end).

And no, I did not explicitly request such play. It chose the units on its own.
Attachments
AI_HODOR.gz
(14.32 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
TwoFry

Post by TwoFry »

I played this game earlier today (casual HODORism). There were some scary moments early on when my opponents horseman rush managed to reach my leader, but eventually I pushed him back. With some assistance from my opponents play style, I was able to inflict massive casualties and eventually rout him.
Attachments
TwoFry(HODOR)_vs_Pompei.gz
(55.7 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

I just want to point out that one of the characters in the game of thrones show is a giant guy named hodor who also keeps saying hodor. any connection between hodor in wesnoth and this guy?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Yes, that is where the name comes from.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."