The Archive of HODOR

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

jb wrote:And to think, HODOR used to be something special....now it's like the back of a children's cereal box.

:roll:
Some could argue that Hodor "sold out." :roll:

HODOR signed a 6-year, 480 million dollar contract with Arrogant Baron Studios, allowing his name and likeness to be disseminated/distorted/advertised as his employers see fit.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
hjwn

Post by hjwn »

The guy who owns this account (hjw) watched some of the replays. The way he shouted "HODOR!" after each game suggests that they made quite an impression on him.
just blame it on the rng when you lose
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I'm going on an 8-9 day vacation, but I hope to see more matches here when I return.....

:)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Sorrow

Post by Sorrow »

In the first one I was going to go for an assassin but then he suicided his leader.

The second one isn't quite pure AnimeKid style, I got a poacher. :( Despite his giant pile of luck this game proves how the rebels: Archers, Fighters, Woses, Mages, Mermen, and Shamen are inferior to Hodor.

Third game is Robinhodor but didn't robin have a merry band of THEIVES, ah well.

Sadly I cannot use my magic powers to add things to my recruit list, I can't try all the types specified by the Hodor-expert doc. :(

By the way you guys are attachment nazis.
Attachments
Robinhodor_vs_Loyals_on_Onis_Den.zip
He seemed to think that if he had done 9 extra damage to me a couple of times I would be in my death throws. Oh well.
(11.86 KiB) Downloaded 764 times
AnimeKid_vs_Rebels_on_blitz.zip
AnimeKid vs Rebels on Blitz. (pretend the poacher doesn't exist.)
(20.53 KiB) Downloaded 712 times
Hodor_vs_rebels_charge.txt.zip
Hodor vs rebels on charge.
(24.54 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

Boy hodor, you look kinda dumb

brb, beating hodor
Frostfire

Post by Frostfire »

Dawgas wrote:Boy hodor, you look kinda dumb

brb, beating hodor
You have sinned against hodor!

oh also Sorrowful and I just had another 2 vs 2 Hodor game, he was Alfred the angry and I was is over 9000. Oh also our opponent cheated at first and said the game was glitching, yet the army of hodor still prevailed!
Attachments
Moron_+_Hodor_=_win.txt
(37.12 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

Has Hodor ever won against a good player? :wink:
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

Frostfire wrote:You have sinned against hodor!
Bring it on, hodor worshiper!
eyu100 wrote:Has Hodor ever won against a good player? :wink:
I would guess not. Now where's hodor, I wish to slay him.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Dawgas wrote:
Frostfire wrote:You have sinned against hodor!
Bring it on, hodor worshiper!
eyu100 wrote:Has Hodor ever won against a good player? :wink:
I would guess not. Now where's hodor, I wish to slay him.
Hodor will rock you. Tell Hodor the time that you wish to play.
without your noses.
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

hmm.

Right now.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Dawgas wrote:hmm.

Right now.
"Right now" is not a useful response for scheduling. You post the time that you want to face Hodor, and hopefully one of our good Hodor players will be able to face you then.

Good game with "Chuck's Pizza" there. You know, I've heard they beat people on the server as an advertising tool. If you stay the whole game, they give you 40 percent off on your next pizza.
without your noses.
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

Doc Paterson wrote:
Dawgas wrote:hmm.

Right now.
"Right now" is not a useful response for scheduling.
It is when it is accurate. How about 5PM to 8PM (that SHOULD be 2200 to 100, if I'm doing EST to GMT right... [censored] timezones) today? Anything tomorrow and the such, YOU post a damn time, and I will meet it (unless it's before 1PM).
You post the time that you want to face Hodor, and hopefully one of our good Hodor players will be able to face you then.
How about 5PM to 8PM (that SHOULD be 2200 to 100, if I'm doing EST to GMT right... [censored] timezones) today? Anything tomorrow and the such, YOU post a damn time, and I will meet it (unless it's before 1PM).
Good game with "Chuck's Pizza" there. You know, I've heard they beat people on the server as an advertising tool. If you stay the whole game, they give you 40 percent off on your next pizza.
I hate you for making me think you were some random noob that would be utterly destroyed by WCs. [censored] mage.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Dawgas wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote: "Right now" is not a useful response for scheduling.
It is when it is accurate. How about 5PM to 8PM (that SHOULD be 2200 to 100, if I'm doing EST to GMT right... f****** timezones) today? Anything tomorrow and the such, YOU post a damn time, and I will meet it (unless it's before 1PM).
You post the time that you want to face Hodor, and hopefully one of our good Hodor players will be able to face you then.
How about 5PM to 8PM (that SHOULD be 2200 to 100, if I'm doing EST to GMT right... f****** timezones) today? Anything tomorrow and the such, YOU post a damn time, and I will meet it (unless it's before 1PM).
I hate you for making me think you were some random noob that would be utterly destroyed by WCs.
I can't imagine any random noob being "utterly destroyed" by a mostly WC recruit. If you want to post a replay to the contrary, go ahead. If you or anyone wants to argue that this kind of playing (http://star.walagata.com/w/paterson/2p_-_Blitz_replay {1.3.6})will ever get you a win against even a mediocre player, likewise, go ahead. You should have known from the luring and trapping of the ghost, the first engagement, the use of Cavalry as a WC counter, etc. that Chuck's Pizza was not a random noob. You kept playing in the same way. Don't blame Chuck's Pizza. ;)

I said that you should post your times of availability because we have many Hodor players, which increases the chances that you'll be able to play whenever you want to. Saying "I can play now" doesn't work, because this is not a live chat room, and we don't see your responses as you post them. (Unless, of course, we're sitting in this thread, waiting- which isn't what I was doing. I'd already joined some guy's game when you posted that. :))

5 to 8 doesn't work for me; I'll be out of the house for most of the night. Chances are decent though that another Hodor player will find you. If not, I'll likely be on tomorrow around the same time that I was today.
without your noses.
Sorrow

Post by Sorrow »

Doc Paterson wrote:(Unless, of course, we're sitting in this thread, waiting- which isn't what I was doing. I'd already joined some guy's game when you posted that. :))
Do not underestimate the free time I have. I could probably stare at the thread alternating eyes so I don't have to blink completely at any one time.
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

Sorrow wrote: Do not underestimate the free time I have. I could probably stare at the thread alternating eyes so I don't have to blink completely at any one time.
... you don't sleep? My god. You should try it sometime, it's really nice.

oh, and this is where I post a witty retort aimed at Doc, but sleep is trying to rush me with zerg, so I'm going to say I am usually available from 2PM to about 8PM EST (curse DST though, curse it to Hell), but personally I would like to read this thread when I awaken from my sleep with a post reading that I will play hodor at (time) from hodor himself (you imply that there are many hodors)

it would've been so funny too.. oh god what t