My idea to improve the Drake Glider

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

F8 Binds... wrote:My opinion changed over time Cack. You just didn't explain your idea as much as you should have. And if this goes into flames as well... It just might light everything around it on fire as well. :wink:
read my post

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=224107
Cackfiend wrote:Giving gliders 50% defense to every terrain type in the game to match the other flying units isnt much to ask IMO. Or atleast 40% in grassland and maybe 50% in mountains? Id like to see the 3-3 ranged raised to 4-3 so that they can actually do 1 more dmg a pop to -20% fire units during the day but i'm doubting that will happen and it would probably raise the cost to 18 or so.
your idea is almost identical to mine, and actually mine was more reasonable (4-3 ranged.... 5-3 would just be ridiculous unless it was 5-3 without marksmen)

i explained my idea very well actually, even more so than yours. read my post.

why did you bother even making this thread? you know ive had several threads about this already, why not just bump mine and say you support it now?
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

Doc Paterson wrote:
Cackfiend wrote:[ Also, I have more recently asked for Drake Glider improvements AGAIN and got support from some of the developers,
-though not from any devs that would actually be in charge of making the changes.
unfortunately =[

actually, i thought becephalus and noyga has some pull in multiplayer decisions :P
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

The only power we have in this area is to make suggestions...
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Units are not balanced factions are balanced. And last i recalled I don't hear any great wailings form the masses screaming drakes must be stronger. I know I get gliders, but maybe I am just a bad player :P
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

If I would have known you were suggesting the exact same changes, I wouldn't have made this post. As of now I support Noyga's idea, though it seems the MP devs are in anti-improve-drake-glider mode, considering the comments I got from Noy on the server. I'd like change, but if the general public wants the glider to stay, then it should/will stay. Case Closed. (Cack, if you want to pursue your case further, do it via PM.)
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.