SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MCP

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.10.

Post by MCP »

Right, it seems they are stronger. I need to play some more before I can answer definitively.
But if you say turn 63 == max on xtreme then that sounds hard enough ;).
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ahaha - maxed out creeps on turn 63 on Xtreme ;) :lol2:
nice one.

btw, that also cries for more creep difficulty levels then
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Ummm, sorry Mabuse, but are you going to change the special terrains so they can be used at the same time with the space terrains? Because you said you would, but it seems you haven't. :(
Check out my sprites!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Mabuse wrote:ahaha - maxed out creeps on turn 63 on Xtreme ;) :lol2:
nice one.

btw, that also cries for more creep difficulty levels then
What's so funny about that? :o

What exactly do you mean by "more creep difficulty levels"? Should they be able to get more upgrades than just 11? If that's what you mean, I agree, but I'm afraid the method I used to increase the creeps' power wasn't exactly the best one, which makes it a little bothersome to change something about it. I will do it, however, once I stop being lazy. Do you think 15 steps (-> max power on turn 75 in Xtreme, on turn 180 at easy) would be enough?
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

I think that will probably be enough power, yes.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Clonkinator

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.11.

Post by Clonkinator »

Version 2.11 is out. I forgot to add a certain line to the new gold rush thingie in 2.10, effectively making it useless since it was only called once - this should be fixed now, it should now work. Also, I added more creep 'power levels' (none of them are over 9000 though), so they can now get 15 upgrades in total - and they will have gotten all these upgrades at turn 75 in Xtreme, which should be sufficient even for lengthy games, I think. The additional upgrades are quite harsh, but as a compensation the upgrades before that have been softened a tiny bit, and you probably won't see any upgrades past the 10th one on any difficulty lower than intense anyway.
Anyway, the final upgrade features creeps with 36 times their normal HP, 25 times their normal attacking power and +40% to all their resistances, effectively making stuff like ghosts or iron maulers (25x25=500. A 500-2-attack, or 625-2 at day = lol) a real pain to beat. Have fun! :D
Macek

Post by Macek »

hey, where can i download it ? i saw only 2.11 addon in wesnoth addon download ingame, but Golbeeze sayd that there its version 3.0,im wondering where to download since its not in the addons :hmm:
also when i create a game and if i use any SXtreme map like maze ,when i make the room , the room dosent shows up in the lobby,any idea why ? :o
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

You can download it in the add-ons as "SurvivalXtreme" by Clonkinator. That is the 2.11 version. It contains Clonkinator's maps and setup.

My add-on is in the 3.X.X branch with my maps and my setup. They are different. We all use this thread because it is all Survival Xtreme based stuff.

Mabuse also has stuff with names like SurvivalXtreme Add-On (sorry Mabuse I forgot the exact title)

And other people have other survival xtreme based stuff too. (sorry to everyone else who I failed to mention)

Don't forget to restart wesnoth after downloading the stuff. I don't know why it wouldn't show up in the lobby.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Macek wrote:hey, where can i download it ? i saw only 2.11 addon in wesnoth addon download ingame, but Golbeeze sayd that there its version 3.0,im wondering where to download since its not in the addons :hmm:
also when i create a game and if i use any SXtreme map like maze ,when i make the room , the room dosent shows up in the lobby,any idea why ? :o
Hi there,
2.11 is the most actual version of SX (and findable in the addons), at least the one done by me. Other people, like Mabuse and Golbeeze, have made their own modifications on SX, which are different (duh), but I'm not responsible for those.

You're talking about the multiplayer lobby, right? That's intentional then; shrouded games (doesn't apply to simply fogged ones, IIRC) don't show the map icon in the lobby, as you are supposed to first reveal the map before knowing about it.
Clonkinator

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version C.00!

Post by Clonkinator »

Alright, I just ported SX to Wesnoth's development version (as Version C.00). Everything should work fine, but in case it doesn't, please report any bugs you encounter to me.

Other than that, there isn't much new stuff. I just changed the music that is played on the SX maps (and added a few of the new tracks of the development version), and changed the basic gold settings since the old 300-ish ones were way outdated. Have fun!
MCP

Post by MCP »

"Doesn't work" on 1.5.6: Stronghold
Recruiting error, just read the error messages.

Starting gold was still 400 instead of 800.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

I was using 1.5.7; but thanks for reporting it, I'll look into it. (I mostly left the Mod-maps untouched [including their starting gold {and I wouldn't recommend 800 gold on my maps anyway, 500 is usually enough}], but I guess I can't leave them like that. Maybe I'll just delete them.)
MCP

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.09!

Post by MCP »

Mabuse wrote:Hi,

i just wanted to announce that i may also start soon work on another SX Level. Will be a bit smaller than the last one though.

and:
nice job clonk
LOL forgot to say, awesome. Fm is definitely too big
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

I just noticed this

Invalid WML found: At difficulty level NORMAL, trying to recruit a:mixed fighter but no unit of that type (usage=) is available. Check the recruit and [ai] recruitment_pattern keys for team 'Computer player' (9) against the usage key of the units in question! Removing invalid recruitment_pattern entry and continuing...
error ai: AI not found: 'default'

Removing

ai_algorithm=default

Makes it work again.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Ok, thanks for reporting, the ai_algorithms have been removed (but the change has not been uploaded yet). Those AI bugs are driving me insane... -_-
Also, will the AI still work properly if I remove the recruitment_pattern altogether? I recall that when I had no recruitment_pattern set ages ago, the AI would never recruit 'scout's since there are no villages around... ...but since the recruitment_pattern seems to be causing problems in 1.5.x whereas the very same patterns worked just fine before, I'm not sure what to do.