Balancing ideas; Orcs v Drakes and more

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which idea would you implement?

Idea 1
40%
Idea 2
13%
Idea 3
27%
Idea 4
13%
Idea 5
7%

Total votes: 15

Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Becephalus wrote:during day, where you are near impotent.
Say it ain't so! :o
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Sapient wrote:
Becephalus wrote: The whole key here is not to imagine a game wher eyou are stomping some noob. It is to imagine a game where you are playing yourself or soliton or doc playing drakes. And ask yourself which roster of units you would really rather have.
Personally? I'd rather have Northerners. Horseman deal a ton of damage but they are just too unreliable-- if they miss you may have to change your entire strategy and this means shifting your front line, which can be quite costly.
If you're doing it right Sapient, you're only counting on one hit, a finishing hit, from the horseman. The double miss is a 16 percent chance on a drake at its highest possible defense, so roughly 5 out of 6 times, you're putting the lid on an expensive Drake unit.

I don't find the assassin particularly great against Drakes because generally speaking, if you don't kill a drake all at once, it will escape you and heal itself (this is essentially the opposite of what assassins do)- to say nothing of the fact that assassins cannot survive hit-anomalies (quite common) from the big melee units of the drakes. Much in the same way that a resilient grunt on a village will, over time, "soak up" anomalous luck by the fact that it can receive a higher total (you get a higher sample rate, so the turn in which your opponent got lucky and hit 4 out of 6 ends up getting averaged in with later attempts), deviations in expected hits tend to mean more assassin deaths, (i.e. the deviation ends things right then and there) than you might count on.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Roman Loyalist

Post by Roman Loyalist »

Say one. Dragons vs Orks very balanced game. It is not necessary to change nothing. IMHO
Idea 1: reduce Drake resistance to Impact
well let us do complete sediment from dragons :P

Idea 1: reduce Drake resistance to Impact+
Idea 2: increase Troll resistance to Fire
you want to get super units vs Drake??? Don't do it. :!:
Nothern's have enought units for defeat Drake.
Idea 3: increase Naga resistance to Cold
well really that a little ;)
Idea 4: decrease Merman resistance to Cold
Effects:
---increased damage taken from Augr: Drakes have a better chance in water against the fish
why make a better chance in water against the fish for NON water units? Drave have a wing's units for this?
Idea 4: decrease Merman resistance to Cold
Effects:
---increased damage taken Ghost and Adept: potential problem
& make full advantage for Undead in sea... Try kill 1 Ghost with 1 Merman. chance to kill Ghost only in day & this chance a little. But if decrease Merman resistance it's chance =0.
Idea 5: decrease Merman resistance to Fire
Effects:
---increased damage taken by Drakes: Drakes have a better chance in water against the fish
Drake have good mobility for compensate this. Focus fire thats all what they are necessary.

I vote only for 3 idea.
telly

Post by telly »

pff what do I know.
I think most overpowered thing about drakes is the level 2 drake warrior 6 move and flying, so unfair :) especially with all the other fast drake units they can grab way more villages than other factions anyway.