Map From Nickname

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nickname

Map From Nickname

Post by Nickname »

[map]W
m ? m
kghfk k \ggh/ k kghfk
hfkCkfhkTh\Y/hTkhfkCkfh
kkk2kkk/\\oKo//\kkkKkkk
fhCYChgkhT|o|TgkfhCYChg
mgkgkfmk?g|h|h?kmgkgkfm
ckhkc Y|T|c ckhkc
ck?kc c|m|c ck?kc
\ggh/ k kghfk k \ggh/
Th\Y/hTkhfkCkfhkTh\Y/hT
\\oKo//\kkkKkkk/\\oKo//
hT|o|TgkfhCkChgkhT|o|Tg
?g|h|h?kmgkgkfmk?g|h|h?
c|T|c ckhkc c|T|c
c|m|c ck?kc c|m|c
kghfk k \ggh/ k kghfk
hfkCkfhkTh\Y/hTkhfkCkfh
kkkKkkk/\\oKo//\kkk1kkk
fhCYChgkhT|o|TgkfhCkChg
mgkgkfmk?g|h|h?kmgkgkfm
kmk |?| kmk W
[/map]

9-Hexes
The first 23by22 map consisting of 9 hexes! Duke it out with your opponent in this new 1v1. test your foresight of where your opponent will go and decide whether you will fight by ambush or an all out charge!
Last edited by Nickname on November 24th, 2006, 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: Map From Nickname

Post by Doc Paterson »

Nickname wrote: decide whether you will fight by ambush or an all out charge!
I think I'll fight by using my huge player-1 advantage to lock down villages and economically drain my opponent to death. :twisted:
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Nickname

Re: Map From Nickname

Post by Nickname »

Doc Paterson wrote:I think I'll fight by using my huge player-1 advantage to lock down villages and economically drain my opponent to death. :twisted:
As you insist.
DraconicBlessing

Post by DraconicBlessing »

As Doc is the person responsible for multiplayer map balancing (iirc), you should probably take that as constructive critiscism of your map.

[edited to make my post better!]
Last edited by DraconicBlessing on November 24th, 2006, 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Past never was.
The Future never will be.
There is only Now.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

DraconicBlessing wrote:As Doc is one of the people responsible for multiplayer map balancing (iirc), you should probably take that as constructive critiscism of your map.
It's actually only me, though I do have a minion or two in my employ. I do all of the 1v1s and have created or made adjustments to all of the others, except, for the most part, those that originated in Bec's lab (Loris River, Paths of Daggers, etc. etc.).

And yes, the player one advantage on this map is just obscene. I do like the spirit/general look of the map though. Just remember that player one is a full turn of moves ahead, and will lock down any keep (particularly the center) or village that you may think is contestable.
Last edited by Doc Paterson on November 24th, 2006, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
JW

Post by JW »

There are too few villages.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Nickname

Post by Nickname »

Doc Paterson wrote:And yes, the player one advantage on this map is just obscene. I do like the spirit/general look of the map though. Just remember that player one is a full turn of moves ahead, and will lock down any keep (particularly the center) or village that you may think is contestable.
I actually did change it after your first post, giving player 1 less villages by removing one of them. I also just recently moved the center village closer to player 2.

On a side-note, I'm not sure it's such a big deal that he can seize the center keep fast, as every time I've tested the map, the center keep has acted as a leader death trap for whoever seized it, it's probably the most difficult part of the map to defend. I may be wrong, or just testing with the wrong people, but this is what I have seen.
JW wrote:There are too few villages.
Quite intentional.
JW wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!
Same to you, though it's a bit late.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Nickname wrote:On a side-note, I'm not sure it's such a big deal that he can seize the center keep fast, as every time I've tested the map, the center keep has acted as a leader death trap for whoever seized it, it's probably the most difficult part of the map to defend. I may be wrong, or just testing with the wrong people, but this is what I have seen.
Well yeah, I'm guessing there's some lacking in your testing here, because there's no real reason that the center should be a "deathtrap" (particularly if you have double their villages and have 3 recruit hexes.).
without your noses.
Nickname

Post by Nickname »

Doc Paterson wrote:
Nickname wrote:On a side-note, I'm not sure it's such a big deal that he can seize the center keep fast, as every time I've tested the map, the center keep has acted as a leader death trap for whoever seized it, it's probably the most difficult part of the map to defend. I may be wrong, or just testing with the wrong people, but this is what I have seen.
Well yeah, I'm guessing there's some lacking in your testing here, because there's no real reason that the center should be a "deathtrap" (particularly if you have double their villages and have 3 recruit hexes.).
You have low income. Even with double their villages. And you (hopefully) no longer have double their villages.

Could you suggest a way I might change it without taking out that center keep entirely?