Voiceover for An Orcish Incursion Development thread

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: Voiceover for An Orcish Incursion Development thread

Post by The_Gnat »

theuncertainman wrote: June 20th, 2019, 12:17 pm Yeah I think l'll redo some Erlornas lines in July and improve the speed and quality.

I'm happy to voice another character but this time I'll pick a minor one. Are there any that you think are suitable?
Sounds good! One option is the advisor in scenario 5. He doesn't have too many lines :)
RolfDhew wrote: June 20th, 2019, 5:58 pm The voice acting is very professional and fitting! Thank you to all the contributors!
Thank you!!! It is great to hear that people are enjoying it! :)
drakearbiter

Post by drakearbiter »

Just tried the voiceover OI campaign, and its good. However, there is scope for improvement. I found that Erlornas's voice volume is lower. Especially when compared to his rider. It doesn't seem to give him an sense of authority.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

drakearbiter wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 7:56 am Just tried the voiceover OI campaign, and its good. However, there is scope for improvement. I found that Erlornas's voice volume is lower. Especially when compared to his rider. It doesn't seem to give him an sense of authority.
Thank you drakearbiter! I appreciate the comments. :) Yes there is definitely room for improvement but due to RL currently the project is mostly inactive.

I agree with your comment about voice volume. Hopefully one of the team can do something about that at some point!
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

The_Gnat wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 11:43 pm Yes there is definitely room for improvement but due to RL currently the project is mostly inactive.

I agree with your comment about voice volume. Hopefully one of the team can do something about that at some point!
Yes it's true im so busy with real life... Anyone can continue the work if they have time..
Kjan

Post by Kjan »

Hi,I don't understand is that about searching someone to dub a campaign ?
I might try one day.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Kjan wrote: September 5th, 2019, 4:50 pm Hi,I don't understand is that about searching someone to dub a campaign ?
I might try one day.
Your understanding is correct.
Kjan

Post by Kjan »

max_torch wrote: September 8th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Kjan wrote: September 5th, 2019, 4:50 pm Hi,I don't understand is that about searching someone to dub a campaign ?
I might try one day.
Your understanding is correct.
Hey i wasn't sure.It's just that so i ask.When you don't know ask.When you forgot ask.When you're not sure ask.
So where the potential dubs have to be posted ?
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

To be posted here. Please download the "An Orcish Incursion with voices" addon to see which lines have not yet been dubbed.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

It currently looks like AOI won't be part of mainline for 1.16, so this could become the "main" version of AOI in 1.16. References: Please ignore the colour of my name - this isn't a official dev post.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

octalot wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:35 pm It currently looks like AOI won't be part of mainline for 1.16, so this could become the "main" version of AOI in 1.16.
:o I haven't been around for a while, but that is big news!

Thank you for letting us know! :) I can see why they would consider doing that because it doesn't quite feel like it fits well into the cannon. I do wonder, however, if the mainline campaigns will tend towards a growing complexity and length as the game develops ;)
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

octalot wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:35 pm It currently looks like AOI won't be part of mainline for 1.16, so this could become the "main" version of AOI in 1.16. References: Please ignore the colour of my name - this isn't a official dev post.
I guess since it seems probable this campaign will get a rework in order to get it remainlined, it doesn't make much sense to continue producing any vocieover work for AOI.
At least anyone browsing this thread now will see the current status of AOI, thanks octalot.
theuncertainman

Post by theuncertainman »

It was fun anyway. Hopefully there are other opportunities for people in future!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

theuncertainman wrote: December 19th, 2019, 6:24 pm It was fun anyway. Hopefully there are other opportunities for people in future!
I agree it was fun! And thanks everyone for all the help! :D