Journey's End

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adri42

Re: Journey's End

Post by Adri42 »

This sounds very good to me! It really expresses the discovery of a really interesting, ancient but alive place with the eyes of a not experienced peasant teenager. I'm sure that this piece fits in with a lot of mainline campaigns.

And I think it complies with the mainline quality standards.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Edited: Because of unclear English.
I had been misunderstood:
West wrote:I'm not even sure it belongs in mainline.
What you meant was that you were not sure the music would be acceptable for campaigns in the default folder or not, right? I thought that you were not sure uploading it or not by yourself. Sorry about it.

I do not really have to give up my custom units because I am pretty sure that it will fit to them, TRoW, HTTT, LoW, and NR for sure from my point of view. Even Liberty and SOTBE (the leader is an outlaw and an orc), as long as any hope to the future or glory of victory exists in the story, the campaigns are not too short, and the journey is tough, Journey's End will fit well. (so it does not really fit to DID) Actually, it makes them not only fit, but also better as my opinion.

If you let me, I will send you mine with the saving file of Epilogue. It will make you clear how the music fit at the ending.:smile:
P.S. Probably, UtBS also, but it is only campaign in mainline (in 1.4) that I was not able to finish the last scenario. I mean that I have never seen the ending. (sorry, zookeeper)

Again, thanks for nice music.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Adri42 wrote:This sounds very good to me! It really expresses the discovery of a really interesting, ancient but alive place with the eyes of a not experienced peasant teenager. I'm sure that this piece fits in with a lot of mainline campaigns.

And I think it complies with the mainline quality standards.
Peasant teenager, eh? That's an interesting take on it :)
SkyOne wrote:What you meant was that you were not sure the music would be acceptable for campaigns in the default folder or not, right?
Yes, that's right. We already have a lot of slow, atmospheric music in the game and I'm not sure we need more. I don't want to add it to mainline before Rain and other developers have had their say.
SkyOne wrote:Again, thanks for nice music.
Hey, no problem. That's what I'm here for. :)
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Awesome!!

Especially like that the moments at 1.41 and 2.17 were the best in my opinion, captured my imagination. It's as good as any in mainline I've heard :)

CheeseLord

P.S. Plz Plz Plz post a link for that brass you use in 1.41......it's fit in great for the piece I'm working on :D
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

CheeseLord wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Awesome!!

Especially like that the moments at 1.41 and 2.17 were the best in my opinion, captured my imagination. It's as good as any in mainline I've heard :)

CheeseLord

P.S. Plz Plz Plz post a link for that brass you use in 1.41......it's fit in great for the piece I'm working on :D
Thanks CheeseLord!

As for links to the samples, I have updated the first post in this thread with a complete list.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

commited
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

fabi wrote:commited
Ya~y! I knew that it would happen.:smile:
Could you (or anyone) tell me what version of BfW will include Journey's End in the music folder?
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
xbriannova

Post by xbriannova »

This piece would really be perfect for a final story scenario or the credits. Nice :).
Current Projects:

UMC Campaign Guardian Order.
Main Campaign Thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26895
Art Thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 28&start=0
abousta

Post by abousta »

Hello Lord Of Music

Thank you very much for giving links to free samples you used, it's a great idea!
But the thing is I don't succeed in downloading some of them.
I signed up in the sf2midi.com site in order to dl strings.
But every time I try to click on the free download button it gives me an error message: "You are already downloading any file"
But I'm not...
This thing happens to every sf2 I try to download in this site.
How did you manage to get them? Did you pay?
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

Yes. SF2 midi's broken at the moment for free users, which really sucks :(

I think West may still have the ones from SF2 midi, which he shared to me, ask him some time if he still has them......
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

abousta wrote:This thing happens to every sf2 I try to download in this site.
How did you manage to get them? Did you pay?
No, I did not pay, nor would I ever dream of paying to download things that were released for free. Not if the site is crap anyway, which sf2midi unfortunately is. I get the same error, it doesn't seem possible to download things from there anymore. I have uploaded some good sf2's here, though it's only a very small collection.

There is also a torrent file available for download called Soundfonts The Collection which is a whopping 32 gigabytes in size and contains maybe 95% of the sf2midi stuff, plus also free soundfonts from The Soundsite and other now demised sites. If you're patient you could always download that one, but it's a massive amount of work sorting the good stuff from the bad. Also, be aware that it contains a large number of samples ripped from EWQL Colossus, i.e. non-legit stuff. But if you have a good torrent client (like uTorrent) you can just deselect that folder before starting the download, and just get the rest.

I'm starting to think that I should really put together a repository of the best free orchestral soundfonts available, since downloading them from different sources is turning out problematic. But alas -- hosting. I can put some stuff on my box account, but both space and bandwidth are limited.

If I knew that it would only be used by a small crowd, say people from around here, I could set up an ftp server though.
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

I have my own personal server, so I can utilize as much bandwidth as my ISP will allow me. I figure there wouldn't be too much traffic (nothing compared to google.com or facebook) so I can host the file if you want, it's no problem.

EDIT: on that note, if anyone wants to set up a home server, it's easier than you think.

http://www.intac.net/build-your-own-server/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Set-up- ... eb-server/

Forget paying someone to host for you, just get some old PC components and Linux.

The URL www.tyler-johnson.net costs me $10 a year.
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Tyler Johnson wrote:I have my own personal server, so I can utilize as much bandwidth as my ISP will allow me. I figure there wouldn't be too much traffic (nothing compared to google.com or facebook) so I can host the file if you want, it's no problem.
Thanks for the offer Tyler, but be aware that we're not talking about a single file, it'd be more like... hundreds of megabytes of files. And the Wesnoth forum shows up on google, so we'd need to expect visitors from out of town so to speak.
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Oh I'm aware. Even if 200MB worth of files gets downloaded 5x per day (which it most likely won't...maybe for 5 or 6 days in a row but after that it would slow down), the bandwidth issue is not a problem.

Just let me know if you change your mind. I would be happy to host it.