The Irdya design thread

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bonndan

The Irdya design thread

Post by bonndan »

Happy new year to all! May your wishes come true and your internet connection never fail :D

This is the thread to discuss the development or Irdya, a Wesnoth based MMORPG. It's the continuation of this topic http://wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26893

Feel free to share your thoughts. If you are new, visit the home page at http://stack76.net/
Zigg

Re: The Irdya design thread

Post by Zigg »

How do you download?
bonndan

Post by bonndan »

It's browsed based, so no download. If you want to run a server, head to the SourceForge page and checkout the code (there has not been a stable release yet).
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

Oh

:-)
bonndan

Post by bonndan »

After some busy days I finally found a little time to work on Irdya. Items can be passed to adjacent units now (in the party view). Some items will be untransferable though, such as "dragon tails" or maybe personalized armor...

Next steps:
- attacks (draft implementation)
- payments (resources) to other players
- king/leader stuff

Is anyone willing to provide an UI wireframe or some smart suggestions?
Daracos

Post by Daracos »

yeah a free browsergame sounds cool 8)

no "click here to buy gold to use this feature"
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Options for every kind of player. Grinding, management, tactics, whatever.

Perhaps a Monster Hunter option. Just search for specific creatures or monster herds to kill and collect (and make items/enhancements from). To avoid power creeping, everything coming from these "game" would only work on other monsters designed as such.

Could be a nice way to test just how complicated can creatures get too.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
bonndan

Post by bonndan »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Options for every kind of player. Grinding, management, tactics, whatever.

Perhaps a Monster Hunter option. Just search for specific creatures or monster herds to kill and collect (and make items/enhancements from). To avoid power creeping, everything coming from these "game" would only work on other monsters designed as such.

Could be a nice way to test just how complicated can creatures get too.
Yes, I totally agree on this. It might help to train your rookie units as well. I opened a feature request for it: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... id=1236050 as it requires combat to work and some sort of AI to make the monsters a challenge, not just victims.