Some Ideas to Develop

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:

Some Ideas to Develop

Post by guest »

I am a rather veteran player of strategy games...and just recently I discovered this little fun game called wesnoth...its not so much the game that i like...(i really dont like the anime look to it but ok :lol: )...but the engine which promises a lot...but it needs some development...I will help as much as I can with the coding...but I am very busy these days...not that young anymore :P ...job and wife and flat and etc...ah nevermind...well but until then some ideas that would much improve the game:

-settlements should be much more indepth...not like Master of Magic where you build a city...more like Age of Wonders or Emperor of the Fading Suns...where specific building type gives specific income and builds specific units (btw that recruiting thing in my opinion just doesnt add up to realism or playability for that matter...sorry)...you also could have the option of pillage/tax/raze/raid/etc the settlemet...oh come on is middle age kind of world where those things where a part of evry day

-more unit stats...almost all is about damage and hitpoints...what about defence/armour/etc...more types of attacks also...more special attributs (like...hmm...dwarfs hate orcs so it should like give them or at least some of their units a bonus etc etc)...these should all be customisable...check Fantasy General, Fading Suns, AOW for ideas

-graphics size and what it allows is cool...simpler is cooler...maybe just add a units portrait and more graphical unit info...people are more visual beings and like some symbols or something to represent attack, defence, hitpoints, movepoints and such values...

-magic...more magic!...its 8)

-have diffrent scales or something...that night/day thing could also be made into winter, spring,...just a thought

-maybe but that only maybe and it would need some balancing like wher it could be buld and stuff...oh what...some buildings that player could place like forts and stuff...

Tell me what you thing is good and what suck...keep up the good work...see ya...Cvejk
I am a guest
toms

Re: Some Ideas to Develop

Post by toms »

guest wrote:-settlements should be much more indepth...not like Master of Magic where you build a city...more like Age of Wonders or Emperor of the Fading Suns...where specific building type gives specific income and builds specific units (btw that recruiting thing in my opinion just doesnt add up to realism or playability for that matter...sorry)...you also could have the option of pillage/tax/raze/raid/etc the settlemet...oh come on is middle age kind of world where those things where a part of evry day
I can´t leave my hands from posting WML for ideas :P

Code: Select all

#define SPECIAL_VILLAGE X Y
[event]
name=capture
[filter]
x,y={X},{Y}
[/filter]

[store_unit]
variable=temp_vilg
kill=no
 [filter]
 x,y={X},{Y}
 [/filter]
[/store_unit]

[/event]
#enddef

[event]
first_time_only=no
name=new turn
 {FOREACH temp_vilg i}
  [gold]
  side=$temp_vilg[$i].side
  amount=1
  [/gold]
 {NEXT i}
[/event]
And this has to be insert in a scenario file wich the special villages
guest wrote: -magic...more magic!...its 8)

-have diffrent scales or something...that night/day thing could also be made into winter, spring,...just a thought
make more units with magical attacks. :? :?:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Moved to the more appropriate "Ideas" forum.

Now err let me get this straight here: We develop a fantasy strategy game that is different to most other fantasy strategy games. We like it. You find it, decide you don't really like it, and tell us we should change it to make it the same as all the other games.

:?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
JW

Post by JW »

Someone should really add some text in the posting page that says something to the effect of:

"If you have never posted on Wesnoth forums before refrain from demanding drastic changes to the game interface to suit your desires. Wait until at least your second post to do that."

:?
scott

Post by scott »

But this is guest's 116th post!

Wait a minute. Is this an April Fool's joke? Why else take 5 ideas from the FPI and suggest them?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

scott wrote:But this is guest's 116th post!

Wait a minute. Is this an April Fool's joke? Why else take 5 ideas from the FPI and suggest them?
yeah, it's a really bad joke. I caught on as soon as someone who joined a year ago said that he had recently discovered the game.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

either that, or guest didn't pick a very good password. :o
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

looking at his previous posts, you would expect him to be one of the first to crush this kind of "idea"... maybe that's the joke :?
guest wrote:For further reading, I suggest The Wesnoth Philosophy.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It is obviously a joke... Groundhog's Day joke? Huh? I don't think it has a correlation to the date.

Now begins the guessing for why guest posted this...

Actually, I found this joke to be one of the more amusing ones of its nature. Mostly because guest didn't pretend to be a completely stupid person, but to be a person who's reasonably intelligent but didn't both to read the FPI.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

hmm...I just figured there was some way to post without registering and the name that popped up would be "Guest." Because of this "Guest" would have 116 posts from varying users. Would this assumption be incorrect?

Post by guest »

Hello,

We need multihex attacks.

You people need to make better graphics.

I want more L4 and L5 units... more like Warcraft.

If NE1 does this, I will put it in my LOTR mod.

This is scott, and I just logged in as guest with the password guest.
I recommend we ban this account.
I am a guest
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:hmm...I just figured there was some way to post without registering and the name that popped up would be "Guest." Because of this "Guest" would have 116 posts from varying users. Would this assumption be incorrect?
Yes.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

turin wrote:
JW wrote:hmm...I just figured there was some way to post without registering and the name that popped up would be "Guest." Because of this "Guest" would have 116 posts from varying users. Would this assumption be incorrect?
Yes.
Yes. "Guest" is a registered account. "Guest posting" doesn't keep track of the post count, and guest posting is only permitted in the tech support forum.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

guest wrote:Hello,

We need multihex attacks.

You people need to make better graphics.

I want more L4 and L5 units... more like Warcraft.

If NE1 does this, I will put it in my LOTR mod.

This is scott, and I just logged in as guest with the password guest.
I recommend we ban this account.
Man dude, to be like warcraft you need 5 more lvls!
Sorry for the meaningless post
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Some Ideas to Develop

Post by irrevenant »

guest wrote:-have diffrent scales or something...that night/day thing could also be made into winter, spring,...just a thought
Actually, this is kind of a cool idea.

There could be different day-night cycles for different times of year, eg.

Summer: day-day-day-dusk-night-dawn
Spring/Autumn: day-day-dusk-night-night-dawn (ie. the standard)
Winter: day-dusk-night-night-night-dawn

I guess this would probably just be a matter of scenario-specific settings, but it would be interesting. I'm guessing the orcs would predominantly attack in winter. :)