Actually kind of good idea for Dwarf Scout

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Ryorin

Actually kind of good idea for Dwarf Scout

Post by Ryorin »

The Frost wolves. I have decided that the Frost Wolves are probably the best bet for a non-Outlaw Dwarvish scout. They would have comparable speed to a Wolf Rider, perhaps one faster because they don't have to carry anyone. I haven't worked out stats/grafics yet, because I wanted to test the waters first.
houli

Post by houli »

dwarves have a scout. ever heard of gryphon?
Duke Guillermo

Post by Duke Guillermo »

...and the footpad.

Plus the Knalgan Alliance already has the highest # of recruitable units. This unit would be filling a void that doesn't exist, in my eyes.
In summation, you're wrong.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

True. Gryphons are already good enough.
Except in caves, but dwarves are already good enough there.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

How are Frost Wolves better fit for dwarves than my Mountain Goats? Huh?

HUH?!
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Neoriceisgood wrote:How are Frost Wolves better fit for dwarves than my Mountain Goats? Huh?

HUH?!
I know, it's preposterous. Although i still want to drop the Outlaws and change them with similar but different flavored units, i don't think it should be done until there are replacements for all of the Outlaws.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

and I still want the outlaws as a seperate faction.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Ranger M wrote:and I still want the outlaws as a seperate faction.
Would be great, with the LVL3 outlaw pack.

Dwarves need units that are not too weak on forest and grassland, and then they would be good. Trouble is dwarves can't be. They would need any kind of alliance with another race, like they have with gryphons.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I noticed somthing a while back, why do dwarves get no movement panelty in forests?

or was it just an error in legend of Wesmere?

EDIT: also are the runner and runemaster going to be added to the dwarves? cause they rock.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I thought that a Frost Wolf, domesticated like a normal dog, would be a superior scout for mountainous terrain. Unlike Goats, Badgers, and Gyrocopters. Furthermore I support the split of Outlaws and Dwarves, I don't think it makes an ounce of sense. Therefore that would eliminate the Footpad, also the Gryphon Rider is a bit expensive to be a scout. At least in my opinion.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

The gryphon rider is expensive, and that's why adding the runner would be good. Adding the runemaster would be great, because it's a good unit, but I think that if it hasn't be done yet it's because of balancing problems.
And wolves are used most of all by orcs, so it would be kind of odd to see them in a dwarvish faction.
Duke Guillermo

Post by Duke Guillermo »

Yeah, it just doesn't feel right. The Knalgans already have one group of units that some seem to think don't make any sense, the Outlaws. Making them allied to wolves would make even less sense, in my eyes, and is unnecessary with the way the Knalgan Alliance is currently structured.
In summation, you're wrong.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

IMHO, the Runemaster should be added, but I'm not sure how. As a new line? As a branch of the Fighter? As a non-recruitable leader unit (like the Lieutenant)?

I don't particularly like the idea of frost wolves as dwarvish scouts. Why would dwarves ally with wolves? The orcs have wolves already. And besides, it seems stupid to me to have an unmounted beast unit be controlled by a side, especially if there are no magi or anything to control them, a la the beastmasters... although I guess you could make an argument that they are (semi-)intelligent beings.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
purki
Location: Somewhere in the north to slay marauding dwarfes and trolls.

Post by purki »

outlaws as a own race are great, with the LVL 3 outlaw pack they are strong enough

the dwarfes will recruit then

:D fighter (advance to runemaster)
:) thunderer
:lol: guardsman
:( runner
:shock: and gryphons

but is that enough for a race?
toms

Post by toms »

purki wrote:outlaws as a own race are great, with the LVL 3 outlaw pack they are strong enough

the dwarfes will recruit then

:D fighter (advance to runemaster)
:) thunderer
:lol: guardsman
:( runner
:shock: and gryphons

but is that enough for a race?
Yes, because they are stronger than the other units. :?
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!