random unit that pop up on the map just for exp??

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Dreadwing

random unit that pop up on the map just for exp??

Post by Dreadwing »

Yeah just a stupid idea for exp for your unit....
Like deer, rabit, seagul etc...that only have hp but no attack maybe bit of attack but mostly for exp purposes.So they just pop up randomly anywhere on the map and disappear in like 2-3turns if no1 has killed it.
stillnotelf

Post by stillnotelf »

Like the deer and boar in the first Turok, where you could get a frivolous amount of health by attacking it with arrows shot from an undrawn bow...
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Or like the d*** white stag in "Breath of Fire"?

You could probably do this pretty easily, and it has been done, more or less, in the second scenario of Quartex' campaign.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Dreadwing

Post by Dreadwing »

there is oh I should try complete all the campaign but im still in the first one lol and can't play 0.9 since I have window too...
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i think that thier should be random things that pop up so that you can get experience, but the should have somekind of weak attack so that it poses some kind of threat. i mean common that's pretty cheep if u have this creacher that just pops up and is no threat to u but you kill it any way.
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Hearold

Post by Hearold »

They shouldn't just pop up...they should, like, come out of forests or caves. And, maybe there could be some kind of ability to train them so they join your side. Example: wolves mostly live in forests, so they would be cloaked while in the forest...like ambush. When they pop into the open, you could kill them for XP, or maybe a shaman or mage or other unit with the 'training' ability could 'train' them to be on your side.
Walk softly, carry a big stick.

--Theodore Roosevelt
DoT

Post by DoT »

This is a great idea imo.. But i'd make it a lot different .. for example a bear/rabbit/sheep/ect. moves everyturn and cannot be killed (it would take up one space of a hex of course the animal shouldn't have any zoc). Also the unit could not be killed and does not give xp..

So basicly its a moving hex taker (that has no zoc), not controlled by either opponent and has random movement.. this could add fun into the game and more strategy..

i like the idea..
And who's to care
If I grow my hair to the sky
I'll take a wish and a prayer
Cross my fingers
Cause I always get by
Disto

Post by Disto »

Shut up assasin, at this rate your going to get your self suspended.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Dreadwing

Post by Dreadwing »

Oh taming sound good just get random units to join your side maybe like in most games you have to attack them and you have 50% and getting them to your side or you have to let them attack you and the chance of taming/recruit when you have unit with the abi getting hit.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

This idea seems fairly good, but two things bother me:

If these "Neutral Passives" show up in the game, when do they move? Do they get their own turn?

If you can answer these two questions then I'll agree with you on this. It would add a bit of life to a world that has none aside from the armies of the players.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Upon rethinking the idea, I have decided that I'd support the idea of "Neutral Passives" (A fancy term for animals), but not teh EXP killing thereof, anyway how much EXP could you get from killing a rabbit? So my verdict is yes to animals, no to EXP.